Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nudist parties and nobles waking up on top of walls?  (Read 1161 times)

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nudist parties and nobles waking up on top of walls?
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »

So I recently was taking a gander around my fort and I noticed a few strange things. First of all, I have two sculpture gardens (one iron and one gold). Now I took a look around them, and realized that there were clothes everywhere. I mean everywhere. Like "loin cloths on the statues and pants hanging from the door" everywhere. Not that I'm too concerned if my dwarves want to have orgies (besides the obvious population boost), but is this normal?

Second, I was peeking around since my last siege and found that my Baron is sitting on the wall around my Trade Depot. Before I had two dwarves starve to death after building the wall, and I'm concerned that my Baron is stuck up there. Now, I have tried to get my last dwarves up there, but gave up after exhausting all my ideas (at least ramps and stairs). I have no idea how he got up there (probably related to earlier wild parties). Any ideas how to get him down? I really don't want my first successful fortress to fail in an orgiastic demise.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nudist parties and nobles waking up on top of walls?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »

sounds like a tantruming dwarf was around your clothing stockpile or maybe some clothes lying around in a bedroom or where a dwarf/goblin/kobold died?

if the dwarf is throwing his own clothes around and staying nude might be a dwarf that went crazy by being miserable or failing a mood....

regarding the dwarf on top of wall, might had being able to path there at some point and you changed something (removed a ramp, etc) that made the path inaccessible? if it's just an isolated wall that has never being accessible, he might have been thrown there by a bridge or by dodging from an upper level and felt there... I'm not sure but can tantruming dwarves throw other creatures, like the do with items?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 06:23:42 pm »

Dwarves sometimes get stuck up on top of walls when you've trained some Flying creatures - the current theory is that the animals fly up onto the walls and then jump down onto a dwarf, displacing it (i.e. swapping places, something which happens quite often with busy workshops) and leaving it stranded on top of the wall.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:53:33 pm »

The usual explanation for worn-out clothing left in strange places is "that's where the dwarf was standing when they heard there were new socks available".  They immediately strip off the piece of worn out clothing that they can now replace and run off to get the new clothing.

If the articles of clothing have the "x", "X" or "XX" tag, then that's the probable explanation.