Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Idea!  (Read 2068 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Idea!
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 03:48:37 am »

Can insanity type be manipulated? For instance, if violence causes a dwarf to go insane, is he/she more likely to go berserk? (If so, grief might cause melancholy more often, and perhaps stark-raving-mad is just a sort of "general" madness?)
Failed mood = always berserk

I have seen melancholy dwarves kick some serious ass. Don't ever try to send inexperienced military dwarves after that sad legendary miner. He will rip them apart. Of course i don't think they will do much against marksman.
Unless there's a legendary marksdwarf there, the miner'll eat through all of the bolts. With a pick. Or his face.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 10:25:04 am »

Can insanity type be manipulated? For instance, if violence causes a dwarf to go insane, is he/she more likely to go berserk? (If so, grief might cause melancholy more often, and perhaps stark-raving-mad is just a sort of "general" madness?)
Failed mood = always berserk

Not always, the minority of my failed moods cause berserks. Usually they go melancholy and starve to death, or die of dehydration... or jump down the well... or whatever.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 11:51:21 am »

For me, they usually go stark raving mad. I've never had a melancholy dwarf from a failed mood, and I've had very few beserks.
Pages: 1 [2]