Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Sub Rosa  (Read 11320 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Sub Rosa
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:11 am »

Had a fun round of this where they entire grey team died in a massive carcrash that let gold pick us off immediatly in the chaos. Que the entire blue and gold teams having a nice standoff in the intersection in the southeast corner.  Both sides sent one man to grab the loot, then the one man from each took a car and ran, while the entire rest of the team tried to recover their loot.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 02:29:28 am »

My game never finds any servers. :( What do I do?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 04:55:48 pm »

Make sure you're running 0.5
Click the 'join game' button

Wait a minute or so... and by a minute I mean more than 10 seconds.

I just started the game up to test and it found 5 servers in 1 second. In older versions you had to wait 10 seconds or more to find one server.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 05:02:49 pm »

Had a few rounds earlier and it's pretty fun. The movement is a little strange but easy enough to get used to. Someone on my team kept messing up the deals by opening fire which was fine until we ended up with really unbalanced teams.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 08:50:06 pm »

is it just me or can you not tell who is on which side till your up too close.

drivebys are the way to go.
if you ram a car back up and turn to the left  then drive a way, dont set there or get out of the car both throw away you one strength,speed.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 09:27:07 pm »

is it just me or can you not tell who is on which side till your up too close.
Not just you. I like not being able to tell from a distance but even right up close it can be tricky. Not sure but it might even be intentional.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »

Had a rather amusing game recently. I was on yellow and us and Blue were making a clean deal.. When out of nowhere a Grey cars comes speeding down the street towards us. Everyone opens fire and the passanger dies. The car then flips, flies through the air, hits the boundray wall and the driver died. Everyone made it back to their base with no problem and got a nice win.

Other mishaps from my first fe games include a friendly player running into me, causing me to start bleeding and drop my gun and get shot in the back. Also a teamate driving off with the car I was using as cover and leaving me to die.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 02:20:50 am »

Grey is awesome. Without them there would be no game.
Hello Hunam

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 02:57:22 am »

This is a fun little game, but I really feel that it needs three features: Team voice chat, some sort of banning ability, and team auto-balance.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 04:16:19 am »

Oh, 0.5. For some reason I've had 0.3. o_0

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 04:07:37 pm »

So I'm wondering about the game, what impetus is there to do trades and stuff instead of kill each other?  A lot of games I've seen where this kind of thing is possible ends up with a lot of really unpleasant people trying to play house and throwing a fit if you shoot somebody.
Shoes...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 04:53:00 pm »

It depends on who you play with, really. Sometimes people raeg if you so much as shoot anyone other than grey, and some just rush in like rambo.
Hello Hunam

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 05:19:52 pm »

Had a few bad rounds today. Mostly it was team killers or just one team member deciding to start shooting half way through a deal that was going well.

This is a fun little game, but I really feel that it needs three features: Team voice chat, some sort of banning ability, and team auto-balance.
On the 16 players max servers a couple of extra people on one team makes a huge difference even with the smaller team getting better guns. A voice chat would be great.

Anyone else on here playing regularly and willing to team up with Skype or similar?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 05:38:00 pm »

Gah its fun, but way to many tkers, i remember one time a guy started shooting, In the end i was the only guy left. I got the trade done but damn...
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

cameron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:33 pm »

The scaling the number of cars can also be rather annoying, I had been picking up the money when the two other people on my team decided to leave without me in the only car at base :\. I'm not really sure what should  be done to people who are kind of jerks like that but aren't really breaking rules, same with people who shoot when the rest of the team wants a clean deal.

Also I have generally been playing as Mr. Pink, I think I had a few rounds with megaman yesterday when yellow team was being hilariously incompetent after blue and grey killed each other.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:52:58 pm by cameron »
Pages: 1 [2] 3