Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can I change the ugly mash of ' . , etc... for grass(and other materials)?  (Read 741 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

I usually don't play with ASCII because it looks so....messy. It just bothers me how messy it is. Is there a setting I can change somewhere where I get nice smooth .......... for grass/dirt/most materials rather than:
sdjnfiosadbviosadbcoiuANCIOUSAHGAS8INVSFNGLISAUDCISOUAHUYSABVIUSANDVAUIG;;.'.;;,.;.;.,';.'RNF;.B'E;.G'RE;.G'Q;WE.G
WE.HB'EQ.R'QE.GRHB';.F'Q;.DG'QW;.'G;.HNS .N'S;.V'S;.DV'.FGB\SD.FB';.SDF'V;. DEATH!!!!!

For grass/dirt/most materials. Thanks. And, right now I'm trying the Bisisam 20x20 tileset.
My goal is to get my DF to be more, organised(Ocd friendly) I guess. I just don't like the random stuff :/
Anyways, any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:04:54 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can change the appearance of grass in the d_init file.

Change [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:YES] to [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:NO] and the ground will be full stops (periods) instead of an assortment of full stops, commas, and apostrophes.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

You can change the appearance of grass in the d_init file.

Change [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:YES] to [VARIED_GROUND_TILES:NO] and the ground will be full stops (periods) instead of an assortment of full stops, commas, and apostrophes.
Ah ok it's in d_init. Thanks

Ganthan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with you on the ASCII graphics, though a lot of other folks here wouldn't.  Personally I prefer Phoebus's graphics packs

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

I agree with you on the ASCII graphics, though a lot of other folks here wouldn't.  Personally I prefer Phoebus's graphics packs
I kinda like ASCII just for its...original-ness? I guess that's what you'd call it. But I don't really use it. It's my own fault though 'cause when I first started DF I babied myself with a graphics pack. I wont go near adventure mode with a tileset.... DF mode is...ok with a tileset, I just don't care for it. Something about ASCII just bothers me.

Right now I'm using Ironhand, but I kinda want something new, so I'll try Phoebus(I already have it thanks to the LNP lol)