Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moody Dwarf and confuzzlement  (Read 1113 times)

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
Moody Dwarf and confuzzlement
« on: July 12, 2012, 01:12:57 am »

Alright, so, I've done puzzled out everything I could from here:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Mood

Now I need a little help.

I've got a dwarf who's holed up in a clothier's shop.  She's looking for the following (in order):
cloth...thread
leather... skin
bars... metal
rough... color
blocks... bricks
bones... yes
blocks.. bricks
tree... life

Now, she's already got some spider silk cloth in there tasked up, so that first one should be good to go.

My understanding is they go 'in order'.  So, she's jammed up on leather... skin.  I have 129 tanned hides sitting in a stockpile about 30 spaces away with an open door.  I've confirmed said stockpile doesn't have any 'give/take' orders.  Most of it's in bins, but that shouldn't be an issue, should it?

The rest (in order)
I've got steel and iron bars.  I've got 56 rough gems and 158 cut ones, though the wiki says that one means raw gems.  I just made an iron block in case one of those 'blocks...bricks' was for metal instead of stone (I've got some spare stone ones kicking around for moods, and just made a bunch more for good luck).  Also, I've confirmed (manually in the case of bones) via the stocks menu that I've got everything she needs, and I've got a stockpile of wood that looks like I'm ready to start some dwarven science that surrounds the theory of bonfires. 

I'm not entirely sure what else to do for this woman other than lock her in there until she dies of dehydration.

Any recommendations?

Moot point now, she just went nuts on me.  Hoping I can lock her up quickly.  For the future, can anyone point out to me what I might have missed above?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moody Dwarf and confuzzlement
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:21:24 am »

Do you have 2 silk cloths? Or 3? They can require multiples, particularly of the first item in the list.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 01:23:20 am »

Do you have 2 silk cloths? Or 3? They can require multiples, particularly of the first item in the list.

D'oh, no.  I had only the one.  That would do it then.  Thanks.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 07:32:10 am »

If it gets made that's going to be one amazing set of pyjamas.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »

it's silk, maybe a thong?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »

The DFHack "showmood" command will tell you how many pieces of silk cloth she needs, though simply watching the text in the workshop should also tell you for the first item only - it should display the "needs" text for 2 seconds per instance needed, so a demand for 2 pieces of cloth should display it for 4 seconds.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »

The DFHack "showmood" command will tell you how many pieces of silk cloth she needs, though simply watching the text in the workshop should also tell you for the first item only - it should display the "needs" text for 2 seconds per instance needed, so a demand for 2 pieces of cloth should display it for 4 seconds.

I DL'd DFHack and I couldn't quite get it to work, though I admit to being loathe to messing around with it without very clear instructions as to the method of install.  I think I'm just supposed to copy it over everything in the folder, and that wasn't something I was willing to do until I found clearer instructions... and well, I just didn't want to do that much research last night.

The bit about 2 seconds a piece I'd never known, thanks, that should help as well.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 01:12:30 pm »

I DL'd DFHack and I couldn't quite get it to work, though I admit to being loathe to messing around with it without very clear instructions as to the method of install.  I think I'm just supposed to copy it over everything in the folder, and that wasn't something I was willing to do until I found clearer instructions... and well, I just didn't want to do that much research last night.

The bit about 2 seconds a piece I'd never known, thanks, that should help as well.

I alwyas keep a clean install ready (zipped) and a backup of my "preferences". DF hack won't change a thing, except create a way in for dfhack.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »

Wander: go to the IRC channel Freenode, #DF hack. Q is a regular there, as well as Hackmeister Peter. They can help you about your insatllation worries.  Yesterday I downloaded LNP, in which Hack wasn't working. I followed the instructions about installing it, worked like a charm
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

WanderingKid

• Bay Watcher
  • The Overfiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:24 am »

Wander: go to the IRC channel Freenode, #DF hack. Q is a regular there, as well as Hackmeister Peter. They can help you about your insatllation worries.  Yesterday I downloaded LNP, in which Hack wasn't working. I followed the instructions about installing it, worked like a charm

Thanks Fredd, but it was unnecessary to head over there.  I re-read the instructions in a non-exhausted state and was able to get it working (after a false start of thinking I needed to ONLY copy over the SDL.dll) and I seem to be working fine.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 02:48:50 am »

Thanks Fredd, but it was unnecessary to head over there.  I re-read the instructions in a non-exhausted state and was able to get it working (after a false start of thinking I needed to ONLY copy over the SDL.dll) and I seem to be working fine.

I have to admit that that sounds very much to the mistake I made (a few times...)