Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Ch. 15: Justin Bieber Eats Mongol)  (Read 18770 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Ch. 1: Prelude)
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 11:57:30 am »

((Erp, thought I did post...Forgive me, my net connection spiraled into a deep well for the past few days.))

Isidore stood up and approached his grieving family - well, what was left of it. "Sister, brother, we must make haste and move our camp to the other side of the hill, the one not facing where we came, to as to shield our lights from anyone after us. There is always a time for mourning for the dead, but we need to focus on what we should do now and grieve when we are safe.

"Father and mother would not want to see us in this condition, we must survive in order to avenge them."

Attempt to restore morale.

Move shelter towards the hillspot and try to search for a suitable, more defensible position for it.

If possible, search around for foliage or food sources.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Ch. 2: Scouting)
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 03:33:47 pm »

Ch. 2: Scouting

"Well, we should look for anywhere we can use as shelter, then we'll think about the rest. Let's go and stay alert! We never know when or where the enemies of the motherland may appear....Which one of you has the best hearing?" Manchuni steps forward. "That's me sir." Aresniy nods. "Be the head of the group then. Let's go."

(1+1)

After a while of searching, no suitable area of shelter can be found. "Hey, movement!" Manchuni declares. White Wing's guns go up. Arseniy sees that they are pointing an old man, dressed in rags. He puts his hands up. "Waaahhh! Don't shoot, don't shoot!"

Spoiler: White Wing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arseniy Sidorov (click to show/hide)

"We're heading up stream. Mikhail, Yuso, take any firewood you see along the way, but don't get too far off the path. The rest of you, stay alert. Tell me before you shoot anyone." "Yes comrade!" The Otriad begins to up the stream. Everyone takes the oppurtunity of the stream to refill their water bottles.

(5)

The group continues on the trail for a while, Mikhail and Yuso picking up some crisp logs, when they run across a German motorcycle crashed into a tree. Weapons up, the group investigates. They find the SS soldier, head splattered across the ground a few feet away from the motorcycle. Investigating the body, the group finds a note on him:

SS Unit Volksgott regrouping at the inn in Javkst, 23 degrees west of the forest. New orders will be given there.

-Scarafuher Donald

Grigor inspects the motorcycle for supplies. "Ay! Cigarettes!" He holds up a looted package.

Spoiler: Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexi Anisimov (click to show/hide)

"Meier, see if you can spot anyone in the barn or the field through your scope. Wolfgang, Maust, and I will search the house, while the rest will head to the barn when Meier gives the signal.  I know I don't have to warn you to be careful. The Jews have honed their craftiness and guile for thousands of years and they will not hesitate to put a bullet in you, your wife, or your children, so prepare yourselves to extend them the same courtesy. I will question the owner of this house. If he is nowhere to be found or is found to be harboring the enemy, prepare to torch the barn and the house, Fabic. Gehen! (Go)"

Meier kneels down and looks through the barn with the scope on his rifle. "No movement." Wolfgang hoists his MG 42 to hip level and Maust cocks his Mauser Automatic Pistol as they prepare to go into the house. Fabic walks to the side of the barn, checking his Flammenwerfer to be ready. The rest of the Scwarzehunde stand combat ready. Meier gives the signal to enter the house. Dietrch, Wolfgang, and Maust go to the door. Wolfgang smashes the end of his MG at the door, and it opens forcefully. They step inside.

The house seems pretty nice for a farmhouse. The first room looks to be the living room, based on the position of the furniture and a piano present. Wolfgang heads right into the kitchen, and Maust left into the dining area. Wolfgang reports, "No signs in the kitchen! Looks like the entrance to the cellar is here though." Maust calls out, "Nothing in the dining area either."

(5)

"I see some stairs and-" Dietrich hears gunfire.

(5 vs. 4)

There is a rifle shot, then Mauser fire, and someone crying in pain and then falling down the stairs. Maust yells, "ENGAGEMENT! TOP OF THE STAIRS!" There is more gun fire.

Spoiler: Scwarzehunde (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dietrich Metzger (click to show/hide)

"Sister, brother, we must make haste and move our camp to the other side of the hill, the one not facing where we came, to as to shield our lights from anyone after us. There is always a time for mourning for the dead, but we need to focus on what we should do now and grieve when we are safe. Father and mother would not want to see us in this condition, we must survive in order to avenge them." Isidore states this to his siblings, trying to get their hopes up.

(2)

At least for now, his words have no effect on them. Sighing, he takes them over to the other side of the hill. Isidore thinks of a way he can set up a defensible position on the hilltop.

(5+1)

Ah hah! Isidore finds a small patch of raised land surrounded by bushes. It will provide both a hiding spot as well as giving the Mstitele increased vision. After this, he goes out and looks for surrounding areas with foilage or food. 

(6)

It looks this area both has low trees providing foilage with leaves, as well as growing fruit for picking! Isidore couldn't ask for a better position.

Because of their good findings, even his siblings get their hopes up enough to stop mourning.

Morale boosted to Normal.

Spoiler: Mstitele (Avengers) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Isidore Farkas (click to show/hide)

Baskt carefully explores his surroundings, to find some form of civilization. Hoisting himself out of the ditch, he begins walking.

(4+1)

As he explores, Baskt comes across a group of 5 men. The men and him spot each other. Guns are unholstered, Davion holding his rifle at firing position. One of the men asks, "Are you Nazi or Jew?" He has a thick Russian accent.

Spoiler: Davion Bakst (click to show/hide)

"Well I wouldn't mind cracking a few German heads and stealing some of their shitty food, but we should probably make our way to a town soon eh? Maybe we will find some place to hold up for the night. Oh yes, what are we carrying?"

Wieksel has a Hatchet. Berkley is carrying a Worftmann Pistol. Rebecca has a Gewher 43 Rifle. Also among them are a few Matches, some Medical Tape, a Pen, a Shovel, an Ice Pick and half a bottle of Vodka.

The group starts cautiously down the road to the nearest settlement.

(4)

After a couple of hours, they come to a quaint little village of houses and small farms.

Spoiler: Adrian Maciejewski (click to show/hide)

"Shappel and Tolstoy, you two go off and try to find higher ground, see if you can spot any intersting features. Vladmire, your with me. We shall head out into forest and look for a good place to camp. We meet back at this place in one hour. Go go go!" The group splits in two as the orders are given.

(1)

Nikolai and Vladmir are out looking for a campsite when they hear German speak. Vlamdmir whispers, "Shit, SS! Cover!"

(3)

The two Russian soldiers get behind a tree as a squad of SS come into their view. One of the Nazis asks, "Did you guys hear something?" They pause and hold their guns up, looking arond the forest suspciously, but they haven't seen the Freedom of the Moterhland yet.

Spoiler: Nikolai Vondgas (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 03:46:30 pm »

Arseniy eyes the old man with a tinge of suspicion. He is about to ask something to him when he remembers he is terrible at social skills. Still keeping the man in his line of sight, he turns to his group. "Any of you got a way of dealing with people? I'm quite lacking in that."

If no one steps up to question the old man, the young man does it himself, asking: "If I may ask, who are you and what are you doing here, sir?"

If someone accepts to do it instead, Arseniy looks around the area immediately around in the hopes of finding shelter.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 03:57:16 pm »

((The unit's going to be around the size of the players, right? I don't want to send 8 against 50.))
"Comrades, it appears it is time to once again serve the motherland. Take his weapons, gear, uniform and supplies. We have an ambush to plan."
Raid the dead german. Head to the nazi get-together. Hide near there. Set up camp at sunset, stealthy if we're within shooting distance. Once we arrive, watch for SS officers. Once they gather, have the sniper blow the highest ranked officers head off. Then run.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 07:13:20 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2012, 04:41:14 pm »

PTW. Hell yes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2012, 04:44:51 pm »

Nikolai and Vladmir hide but get their weaons ready.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »

"Wolgang, cover me! Maust, watch the stairs!"

Dietrich pulls the fallen man from the bottom of the stairs and screams for Pvt. Bauer, the unit medic, hoping that his voice will carry through the house and to the outside.

"Those of you upstairs are advised to put down your arms and come peaceably! This house is under the investigation of the SS! You will not survive should you choose to engage us! We have burned entire villages before, and we are not hesitant to do the same to a single house!"

Dietrich attempts to intimidate the combatants

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2012, 06:27:10 pm »

Bakst will slowly lower his rifle, finger off the trigger and letting it point to the ground. Explain that he's just an innocent Jew, trying to stay alive. Keep the revolver concealed in-case things turn...Sour.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »

((The unit's going to be around the size of the players, right? I don't want to send 8 against 50.))

Yes. There are some notable Otriads/Units that are very large though, but those ones are going to be known by everyone.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2012, 02:31:11 am »

"Praise be...

"We're safe for today. Start gathering food and set camp, Abraham, could you help me with fixing these?"

Start gathering food and making a 'safe' stockpile for them, Make 3 swing traps nearby along the perimeter of our camp. The rest would be used for making shelter.

If possible, begin camouflaging our base of operations.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2012, 06:11:10 pm »

Now we just need Adrian.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2012, 01:24:00 am »

Sorry net was out for a day. I'll just do this turn quickly.

Adrian and his Otriad watch the village for a moment and look for movement. If they do not see anything then they move in carefully.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Blizzard Inferno~: Tale of the Otriads (Ch. 3: Gunfights)
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2012, 06:32:30 pm »

Ch. 3: Gunfights

I am leaving for vacation tommorow, and will be deprived of my computer. If I am really lucky, I may be able to get another turn in during the next two weeks, but for that time period this game will be on temporary hiatus. How are you all enjoying the game so far?

Seeing Arseniy's awkward approach toward the man, Manchuni thankfully steps forward. "What is your purpose of being here?" The Russian soldier asks. The old man replies, "Just getting firewood! Do you Russians not allow of this?"

Arseniy takes the time to look around for shelter.

(6)

Well, isn't that great! In the distance, he can see a cavern opening.

Spoiler: White Wing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Arseniy Sidorov (click to show/hide)

"Comrades, it appears it is time to once again serve the motherland. Take his weapons, gear, uniform and supplies. We have an ambush to plan."

The troops raid the body, coming out with a German uniform, boots, a hat, a compass, a watch and some extra money. The body is dug in a shallow hole hidden by snow.

The group heads to the location as directed by the map. It takes several hours to get there, and it becomes night fall. Coming out of the forest, the group gets to the inn at Javkst. In front of the inn at several hundred meters away is a collection of bushes. The Otriad decides to hide there for the ambush.

Binoculars are passed around the group so everyone can see what is happening. The SS Unit is stationed around the inn: Three SS at the front, 2 on the upper balcony, 2 inside the lobby area, and one outside to the left of the inn attending to the engine of a truck. There may be more unseen men.

Mikhail identifies the Scarafuher Donald as one of the men at the front of the inn. Aiming his sights, along with the rest of the Otriad he tells his leader: "Whenever you are ready Anisimov."

Spoiler: Shadow (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexi Anisimov (click to show/hide)

"Woflgang, cover me! Maust, watch the stairs! Bauer, get in here!" Dietrich hears Bauer running into the house, but then he hears Wolfgang firing his gun at something in the kitchen.

Dietrich pulls the wounded enemy from the bottom of the stairs and out behind him in the corridor. The man is gurgling, two pistol wounds around his left rib cage. Dietrich bellows: "Those of you upstairs are advised to put down your arms and come peaceably! This house is under the investigation of the SS! You will not survive should you choose to engage us! We have burned entire villages before, and we are not hesitant to do the same to a single house!" The response from the top of the stairs is: "Fuck you Nazi Mamzer! (Hebrew for Bastard) There are as many of us as there are of you! And even more in all of Europe! When you are all dead, Hitler will be next!" Well, they're jews, so there's no way Dietrich can talk them out of this.

Maust sticks his hand around the hallway entrance and shoots supressing fire! (3-1(Blindfire) Vs. 5) (5 vs. 4) "Agh, shit!" Maust curses as a bullet goes through his hand, causing him to drop the gun on one of the bottom steps. Maust clenches his hands as Dietrich sees Bauer running towards him.

Meanwhile, outside Fabic has started torching the barn. As he ignites the side, Stiener smashes open the doors with the butt of his MP40. Stepping inside he yells, "I command anyone hiding in this barn to step do-" (6 vs. 4) A pot full of steaming oil falls seemingly out of nowhere onto Fabic. He screams and falls to the ground, writhing in burning agony.

Spoiler: Scwarzehunde (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dietrich Metzger (click to show/hide)

"Praise be... We're safe for today. Start gathering food and set camp, Abraham, could you help me with fixing these?"

The Farkas's go to collect food from the forest. (4) They manage to get fruits and berries that will last them another 2/3rd's of a day. A stockpile is made in the camp for the food.

Three swing traps are placed at surrounding areas outlining the camp. A big 'X' is carved into the trees with swing traps to prevent accidents. The X's are noticible to anyone who knows about them, and nearly invisible if you aren't looking for them.

(4+1) The camoflouging is done very well, anyone walking by the camp would think it just leads up to a random flat hill with nothing peculiar about it.

By the time Mstitele are done, they are hungry for dinner.

Spoiler: Mstitele (Avengers) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Isidore Farkas (click to show/hide)

"I am just a Jew, trying to survive!" The Russian laughs. "Ah, a Jew! Men, put away your arms." The Russians lower their guns. The leader steps forward. "I am Hyuri, and we are the Red Claw Otriad. We support any of our brothers fighting the Nazi menace. Would you like to come to camp and dine with us? Please do! Also, what are you doing out here by yourself? Where is your Otriad?"

Spoiler: Davion Bakst (click to show/hide)

The Wyzwolicieli carefully scout out the village. It is late in the afternoon, and as such, no one seems to be out. It is around dinner time, which would mean everyone would be eating in their houses with their famillies. Even so, as they get closer to the town square, the Wyzwolicieli take cover when they see a wagon with a single driver and two cattle coming towards them. In the cover of the bushes, Berkley asks, "What should we do? Let him pass or confront him? We only have a little food left after all."

Spoiler: Adrian Maciejewski (click to show/hide)

Nikolai and Vladmir hide, their weapons at the ready. Both Russians soldiers grip their sub-machine guns closely as the German soldiers come closer...

(1-1)

Vladmir sticks his head out for a look, and ends up face to face with a SS soldier. The German raises his gun up before the Russian, yelling "Reds!"

(1+1(Intution) vs. 5) The German fires a rifle blast at Vladmir, and the shot misses and impales itself in a tree. Vladmir raises his PPS and fires back! (2 vs. 2) The German and him exchange gunshots, neither of them hitting the other.

As Vladmir retreats behind a tree, one of the SS soldiers fires at Nikolai! (3 vs. 5) Nikolai takes cover, going up to his tree. The German bullets strike the tree and the snow surrounding him. Nikolai peaks around the side and returns fire! (5 vs. 1) He fires a burst of bullets that hit the Nazi in the torso! The SS soldier falls backwards, his lifeless body flopping in the snow.

Spoiler: Nikolai Vondgas (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 07:03:30 pm »

"Yuso, Volsvo, Yuri, watch our flank. Grigor, take aim at the man tending to their truck. I will aim at one of them on the balcony."
Alexei issues orders to his men and takes aim. Once they all have what they believe to be a killing shot, they will fire simultaneously.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 07:10:27 pm »

((I'm liking it so far, and I think it'll be as good as Roll to Industrial Japan.))

Arseniy gets back to his group, a slight smile on his face. "Let the man go. After making sure he's gone and no one is following us, come with me."

Lead the men to the cave, carefully inspect its exterior for any sign of people or wild animals.

"We may need to be careful though, there may be more people or wild animals hiding here. Let's search it quietly."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12