Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HFS / candy obtainment details [spoilers]  (Read 3269 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: HFS / candy obtainment details [spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 05:31:14 am »

I like to mine candy by clearing away all the surrounding stone first.  Then trim off any candy that is two units or smaller.  Now engrave a fortification into the larger faces.  If you breach the candy hole patch it up with nearby stone. Since you haven't actually created a path to your fortress you don't get Zerg rushed.  Lat breach I had a few clowns hanging around the fortification.  They wandered off shortly after.  Once patched you can see all the way to the car and the rest of the spire can be safely mined as long as you don't breach containment.  The Feds will probably investigate me as a pbear for this post.
Also once you have a fortification with clowns on the other side, you can train your marksdorfs

Woopie the clown spits fire!
Dodging demonfire counts as training!

Ridiculous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HFS / candy obtainment details [spoilers]
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 06:38:38 am »

The circus in my current fort must be very lethargic then. I have 3 tubes - I breached one which set off the warning messages and spawned the demons. However, the welcoming party spawned under a different tube to the one that was breached. I thought they'd all rush to the one I did open up, but they just floated around aimlessly in their original area before slowly spreading out a bit.

Eventually I built up the courage to breach the one they were waiting under, and even then they didn't pay any attention. I left the tubes open for about two seasons, but I've now sealed them off due to lack of interest. When I figure out how to build some stairs down to the slade level, I'll send some ambassador dwarves to set up an embassy.
Pages: 1 [2]