Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have... Beta Access?  (Read 1927 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
I have... Beta Access?
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:25:18 am »

So, as any good PC gamer, I was starting up my Steam to start a new day when I got the message that I have Beta access to source flimmaker. I have done nothing to want or deserve this, and I was wondering if this has gotten this message as well.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
Re: I have... Beta Access?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:26:38 am »

The Source Filmmaker is released to everyone. Just downloaded it over on my side.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:57 am »

They released the source filmmaker to everyone, but didn't bother to change the update news splash that informs you of it from the one those who got beta access last week got.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 08:59:24 am »

Because obviously Steam is a highly advanced platform that doesn't have heaps of bugs piled onto it.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:42:03 am »

Because obviously Steam is a highly advanced platform that doesn't have heaps of bugs piled onto it.
\

Are you suggesting that they didn't intend to release the beta version of the source filmmaker to everyone, and that it's only a bug?

Because if so then I'd suggest you're wrong and just like to hate on steam.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:44:45 am »

\

Are you suggesting that they didn't intend to release the beta version of the source filmmaker to everyone, and that it's only a bug?

Because if so then I'd suggest you're wrong and just like to hate on steam.
You didn't actually read the thread (all four posts of it), did you?
They released the source filmmaker to everyone, but didn't bother to change the update news splash that informs you of it from the one those who got beta access last week got.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:58:50 am »

No I read that all, but didn't they just release the Source Filmmaker beta to everyone, instead of doing it as a closed test thing?

I mean, you load up the Source Filmmaker and it's a beta version, and the news page for the thing in steam says "Recent News, Today - Press release - Valve's Source Filmmaker Now in Open Beta"

But yeah, it's probobly me not reading any posts in the thread and steam being buggy. Definatly not just you misunderstanding a situation.

---------edit----------

And regardless, that's not a bug. It's just them not bothering to change a message. If anything it's a typo.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:18:28 am by fenrif »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 10:20:10 am »

staying out of the cat fight but here it tells you it is in fact for everyone:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/11/lights-camera-memes-source-filmmaker-open-to-all/
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 12:08:42 pm »

So, as any good PC gamer, I was starting up my Steam to start a new day when I got the message that I have Beta access to source flimmaker. I have done nothing to want or deserve this, and I was wondering if this has gotten this message as well.

I never asked for this. 8)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:47:04 pm »

There's allready some great stuff being made with this. I'm going to have to watch through the tutorials and see how this works, I'm actually pretty excited to get to grips with it.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 12:57:08 pm »

Question for anyone who has already messed around with it, does it allow you to use assets from any source engine game or is it limited to TF2 assets?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 01:06:58 pm »

Question for anyone who has already messed around with it, does it allow you to use assets from any source engine game or is it limited to TF2 assets?

It's currently limited to tf2 assets, in a way. It's easy to import from the other games.