Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Want Slab with secrets of life and death, dont want to work or try.  (Read 4044 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

I want to make a Death Dealing Slab Weilding Necromancer Overlord of Death.

Is there anyway via DFhack or other to give my adventurer a Slab right off the bat?

I figured i'd make topic here as the one i made in the modding forum didnt get any replys in about half an hour, and im an impatient little shit.

So yeah, Mhmm.

EDIT: is there also a way to modify stats?
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

I want to make a Death Dealing Slab Weilding Necromancer Overlord of Death.

Is there anyway via DFhack or other to give my adventurer a Slab right off the bat?

Not that I know of, but I don't play adventure mode much.

EDIT: is there also a way to modify stats?

You could try modifying the raws of your chosen race to have superstats. Again, never tried this, but it's worth a shot.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Thanks, but i was looking for ways 100%-Dumbasses like me can understand. Aka, programs themselves used to modify inventories and stats.

EDIT: Removed American Steriotype.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:43:06 pm by Facekillz058 »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think so, but if you become a vampire then zombies will ignore you which makes storming a necromancer's tower trivial. Necromancers are usually mediocre fighters.

Becoming a vampire is easy enough. Draw blood from a vampire one way or the other and then drink it.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Sounds like that requires effort?
EDIT: There has to be SOME way to spawn items in-game. Im sure someone has figured it out. This is the DF Forum after all, everything is prone to extreme science.
Double Edit: Holy shit, i just read the word reaction, and i was thinking, wouldnt it be possible to create a reaction that allows an adventurer to make a Necromancy Slab out of thin air?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:40:17 pm by Facekillz058 »

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

removed needlessly irritable post
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:44:48 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

That sounds... racist.
EDIT: Sigh, so i unintentionally turned my own post into some sort of unfunny/offensive troll. Either way, could we please get back on topic?

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

removed needlessly irritable post
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:45:33 pm by weenog »
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile

Dude, okay, im sorry, i edited out the '100%-American" part.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, that's throwing in the all Americans are jingoistic pricks that think they own the entire world and everyone who does things differently is wrong stereotype, to go with your all Americans are lazy idiots stereotype.

Why am I not offended by this?

---

You can create slabs by adding in the reactions, but you cannot get an actual "Life and Death" slab. I dont think you can without getting it legit. DFhack has no plugin for this I am pretty sure.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Want Slab with secrets of life and death, dont want to work or try.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:56 pm »

Sorry.  Just rather touchy lately about laziness and stupidity stereotypes for certain groups and getting lumped in with 'em by default.  I overreacted.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 03:49:10 pm »

No problem man, i get it, steriotypes are stupid and people shouldnt use them.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »

Might you be able to mod in a race that is a "necromancer" naturally? As in, one that has a built-in reanimation ability and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE so you can play like a necromancer even if you've never discovered the secrets of life and death? Then, you could make a reaction that simply makes a slab and wield it, and then you'd be a slab-wielding pseudo-necromancer, and if this modded race also was super-powered naturally and capable of dealing death, you'd be a death-dealing slab-wielding (pseudo-)necromancer of death, and once you'd killed and reanimated a bunch of stuff you could claim to be an overlord, too.

Mind you, creating such a thing would basically require making a whole new sapient race and entity from scratch as well as the interactions and reactions, so it would probably be less work to simply play the game the way it's meant to be played.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 03:59:24 pm »

Out of curiosity, will messes left in fortress mode persist in adventurer mode?  Maybe one could simplify the becoming a vampire thing by attracting one or more vampires to a fortress placed near a legitimate starting town, juicing them like lemons, then abandoning before anyone can clean up the gore.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »

No idea for an existing adventurer, but if you gen a world that is only 20-50 years old, you will often get a necro who has a slab, but has not raised enough zombies (50) to build a tower yet. You just have to go to his bandit camp, kill him and his zombies (often none at all, always less than 50) and get the slab.
I've done this several times, then dropped the slab at my future embark site and later put it in the office of my king who "wants to extend is life by any means" to tease him.
You just gen a world with say 30 years history, check legends mode for slabs/towers, regen if it did not work. If you like a world but don't like the history, try changing the number of megabeasts, titans and such, it will produce a different history everytime.
Pages: [1] 2