Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 42981 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

What's a danger bomb do? It's submerged in limestone right now.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Either the link to the latest build is broken, or the website is down. Someone have a mirror set up?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It exploded. I also fought a stone ooze, but I don't have a pick, so I barely did anything.
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Caveins killed me. I only smelted two copper bars.
My tumblr.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Danger bombs explode and create lava/cause cave ins. Destroy them whenever possible (before they explode and annoy you).
Caveins killed me. I only smelted two copper bars.
Don't bother smelting till you have at least 6 copper ore (and preferably 2 tin ore). That will get you a forge (so you can actually make stuff with your copper), and a copper/bronze pick/sword.

There are some other random things you can make with copper besides weapons though, however I think that a sword or a pick is probably a better thing to get ASAP (provided you are a class that starts without a weapon that is).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I saw those huge webs once to. Then I got eaten by a giant mother spider.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I play as a builder.
My tumblr.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

okay coming back to this game after playing just july 11,

He took out torches, took out infinite jumping under the guise that players "shouldn't jump every where and should only jump under 'acts of life threatening Danger' and made jumping only through powder and rum", added different moods for every creature so not one creature the same, made placing down wooden items a hassle because someone didn't like switching between the two through planks and ladders do have different properties being planks will break down over time and ladders don't. Rum system is an iffy, the fact that sum characters need to drink a constant supply makes playing at the start a pain, due to you need to find dwarves and only dwarves have both powder and Rum. you can't make destilled acorn swig until you hit the hard stuff.

Dwarves now can build teleporters and loads of neat things like use only wooden planks to make tunnels with wooden planks going vertical, which you can't do normally now.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I finally figured out why everything I got near exploded! The creatures had the ...mined... tag! I thought that meant you had to mine them, so it made perfect sense for the stone ooze.
My tumblr.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Has the framerate improved any? I liked the game but it was just really really hard to actually play.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Framerate? Isn't the game pretty much 1 frame / action?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Dwarves now can build teleporters and loads of neat things like use only wooden planks to make tunnels with wooden planks going vertical, which you can't do normally now.

Actually you can, I just made a rudimentary underground house with full plank coverage.  You just need to put up a ladder scaffolding first and then build off of that.

But yeah, some of the changes are a bit...  Odd.  But I do find it somewhat entertaining that "rum" is apparently just the result of someone trying to distill gunpowder.  Pretty tough little dudes, these.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Framerate? Isn't the game pretty much 1 frame / action?
I think he means that it was laggy on his computer, and it took too long between one action and the next/ The answer to that is probably no, sorry.

I finally figured out why everything I got near exploded! The creatures had the ...mined... tag! I thought that meant you had to mine them, so it made perfect sense for the stone ooze.
Mined creatures piss me off. I don't like the idea of engaging 1/5 of the creatures in the game in melee even with a awesome sword being equivalent to instant death.
Having a single type of monster that exploded when you fight it would be fine, but this is kind of stupid, having to check all the enemies and go "Nope, I got a sword that can hack the head off a demon, and then turn them into a precious rock, but this lizard will kill me if I fight it", seems kind of odd to me.

Last night I got stuck in a 1 tall tunnel because creatures that follow you INSIST on sticking right behind you, and not letting you swap places with them, it was kind of bullshit.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another version is out. For details and download please check the first post in this thread.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game
« Reply #194 on: November 13, 2012, 01:30:49 am »

And the final version seems to be out now.
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14