Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 43027 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Note:  Ladders work to create the "inside" designation.  Just created a super ladder scaffolding and suddenly saw a big portion of it go bricky.

Also, goddamn invisible lizards.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

Also if your going to make a sky isle try to do it on the highest spot you can, then dig the area around down.

Got a walking tree started right next to me in new game...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I love this new game, and Love dwarves. this what happen when you leave them alone and finish building a 2 way teleporter.

man look at all that brick and powder. who needs a pick axe when you can just blow your way down.

edit: I just notice they drop demons all around my house also.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:47:05 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

When I found dwarves, they attacked me immediatly even though I didn't even see their stuff. :(

Rumrusher, how did you get there? Is it underground?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I found dwarves, they attacked me immediatly even though I didn't even see their stuff. :(

Rumrusher, how did you get there? Is it underground?
it's above ground though it was a fresh embark when I saw them and they didn't have a notification that said they might harm me. I had them walk up to me and they did nothing. also any one found out how to get into those chests? Because I'm down on saves and coal, and I got word you can get more saves by breaking into those chests.

okay bronze pickaxes can be use on the chests, also I drove back the demonic horde and now the dwarves are building a new wing onto my house.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:35:46 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I see, spacebar makes the world recalculate nonstop is what was causing it to be sluggish. Begun delving into this game propper now.  :)

I'm mighty confused though. Is there some sort of goal, or is it purely sandbox?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I see, spacebar makes the world recalculate nonstop is what was causing it to be sluggish. Begun delving into this game propper now.  :)

I'm mighty confused though. Is there some sort of goal, or is it purely sandbox?
well you can start by trying to make one of everything on the list. You can get powder and timebombs from Dwarves. though they open a warp to HFS and released the clownsDemonic horde.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I made myself a crude little house, no idea why but there I have it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I take it my next move is to go explore the caverns nearby and look for resources to make stuff?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Am I really the only one getting levitating hares and dwarves, selective gravity, instadeaths from lizards, hundreds of planks from a single removed tree block, lack of copper, water you can WALK on that forms mountains and flows upward and so forth? Because I get the distinct impression I'm playing a far more insane version of the game than everyone else.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:13:04 am by Dariush »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I get that too.
You can mine water too, you forgot tht on the list.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please remember, this is heavily in development. :)

Alright I made myself a crude little house, no idea why but there I have it.

That "house" will not last long. :D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

That "house" will not last long. :D

...because you've simply dug it out.  If you want it to be a bit uglier/more house-y (and actually protect a smelter when or if that should enter into the picture), you'll need to swap out the walls, ceiling and floor with something you construct, be it doors, ladders, or wooden planks.

Yes, you can make a house of doors.

Because I get the distinct impression I'm playing a far more insane version of the game than everyone else.

No, that sounds about right.   Giant fractal trees that grow faster than you can cut them down and spam weightless acorns that just sit motionless in the air, hares that can apparently teleport through solid rock and into the door-protected house you built, a hysterically open definition of the word "ladder", tiny little reptilian bastards that are too small to see but will instantly and mercilessly slaughter you and destroy all you have worked so hard to achieve if they come so much as within 3 squares of you...

Yeah, seems reasonable.

Anybody else think that he maybe could have waited on development a bit before making savegames finite?  Oh, yeah, and stone oozes are horrifying creatures the first time you see them.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I have a couple of bars but not enough of any to make anything nice. Have any of you advice for what to build first? A sword perhaps?

Anybody else think that he maybe could have waited on development a bit before making savegames finite?  Oh, yeah, and stone oozes are horrifying creatures the first time you see them.
I didn't even notice they were finite at first. The annoying thing is I played it in a few quick bursts which used a lot up. Looking through the files editing your inventory seems simple enough if that's your kind of thing.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

a hysterically open definition of the word "ladder"
This needs to go into OP.

BTW, sk2k, are you absolutely sure you aren't the developer of the game?

Also, I would appreciate the screenshots of the stone oozes and other weird stuff. Okay, weirder.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Instead of digging to my death i decided to explore a bit of the surface world and saw my first living stone ooze body, rather creepy sight, fortunately harmless.

Walking a bit more encountered some friendly underground dwarves, on the surface, maybe they were lost or something, couldn't tell as they were not talking.

Walked happily in the middle of them, just to be insta killed by a damn lizard i didn't noticed on the vegetation
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:33:17 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14