Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 43031 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Nope, I tried building on planks, same result.

Hmm, i digged a room into sandstone and placed wooden planks on the outer walls, top and bottom. The smelter never get's destroyed this way.

http://i.imgur.com/C4Lkb.jpg
How did you place those bricks in the background?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

Those bricks are a background when an area is surrounded by planks or bricks it turns into a room.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile

Anyone know if I can window this? I typically chat with people even while gaming, and so windowed mode helps for anything not steam.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

Yeah you can window it, you go into ini and edit it so the fullscreen line is all 0's, it likes to hold your mouse so... keyboard-start-button-engage!
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Alright, so I'm trying out the July 12th build now...  I still have never even seen copper ore, but I've just now decided to stake out a floating island for myself (thanks for that, rarborman) and I've got a little underground hut with a smelter in it, and I've gotten a couple torches, some bricks, and some gold bars out of it.

I was just about to make my first deep-earth scrounge when I walked to the edge of my island and oh holy cockerel what the bloody hell is THAT thing?!

...yeah, my first encounter with a walking tree.  Or, rather, a walking forest.  Damn suckers are big.

At first I was concerned.  Then, when I realized that the "air moat" separating my island from everything else wasn't that big of an obstacle for a creature like that, I started getting REALLY concerned.  So I used a save-book, and bravely approached the arboreal mass, throwing a torch in its wake to set the beast aflame!

...which, although completely logical, doesn't do anything.  He just walked around/over it.

Not seeing any other rational courses of action, I decided to fling myself at his face and see what would happen.  As it turns out, nothing.  The lumbering creatures seem fairly content to just root around.  So now I've just hopped on his back and am now riding him off the island and towards adventure.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

fun fact the living trees has a head, which has one of the highest stats for nature and one point in riddle.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I have so much tin ore but no copper ore and only one iron ore.

Things are a bit too random for my tastes. Huge sections of cavern keep giving way and I've died a few times for no discernible reason. I don't mind dying from mistakes as I can learn from that but I'm not sure what's going on sometimes. On the whole I'm having fun.

Those bricks are a background when an area is surrounded by planks or bricks it turns into a room.
After waiting a little while mine did too. Cheers.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

Hint, although water oozes dont kill you out right its a good idea to trap them where they cant get you, hollows of stone, because they will chase you forever and will eventually deside to eat you, and you can drag them around to create water ooze which acts just like water. drag em to a hollow swim through and wall them in.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

oh looks like dwarves are harmless. Letting them alone nets you free powder and some cases they will grow crystal trees. Also they build nice houses out of brick.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Well, uh...  It would appear that the walking tree had some difficulties navigating a couple pits around my area, so he wound up leaving bits of himself behind here and there.

I've gone a bit deeper down, and after some infrastructure issues with laddering through large caverns I managed to explore some of the slighty deeper reaches.  Found loads of tin, some more gold and coal, a crystal grove, and...  Nothing useful.  Aside from some "good stone", which...  Might help.  At some point.

Wound up planting some trees here and there for the kicks of seeing cavern-oaks as well.  And now that I've returned to my island, there appears to be a rabbit which has teleported through solid rock and my front door and is now clinging to the walls and ceiling inside my home.  Not sure what to make of that.

Oh, speaking of, does anybody know what the "hare wand" does?  Or, really, where I should go from here?

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

Never expect something to be harmless, if it throws up word bubbles, run, if it is chasing you drag it to a trap, if its firing bombs at you gtfo of there.

@Kangus; Go look for iron or copper to dig down deeper.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

@Kangus;

Despite popular belief, I'm not actually a kangaroo derivative.

Anyways, alright...  Guess it's back down into the Pit of Endless Tin in search of areas that aren't infested with big lizards.

EDIT: Bugger.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Not entirely sure what happened, but I just hopped into that little cubbyhole after some coal and goodies, when I saw some stones falling down on my position.  Thinking fast, I ducked into the side passage and waited for the dangerous lithoprojectiles to crash down through my ladder channel and miss me by inches (I still haven't quite taken to heart how cave-ins work).

Well, this of course isn't your usual unstable rock.  This was limestone, dislodged by an explosion of something I hadn't been able to see while walking right past what should have been its approximate position.  And, unlike standard fally-stuff, the limestone happily settled into place right where it landed.

I'm now sealed in.

For whatever reason, the blast made me see the little magma pocket off to the side there.  I included it for some eye candy, and to point out that there's apparently a coal vein running right into the pocket, with no ill effects.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No air--if the coal is dense enough, there might not be enough oxygen to burn the mostly-carbon coal.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

@Kangus of Roo; Good luck.

I lost my way and my flying isle... underground is a tricky place.

Anyone got the latest build to share?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Anyone got the latest build to share?
I asked on the TIGForums and the creator uploaded a mirror for those of us having problems downloading.

http://sb-games.com/wp-content/uploads/12Jul_Build.zip
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14