Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 42995 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It was just sandstone, and suddenly the sandstone  blob grows larger and has unstable stone and shit next to it.

No way anything could have dropped from above.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Talking about strange things. Does water always fall up? I was just walking around and suddenly a huge wave of water sprung up. Only out of dirt though. It also eroded some of it away.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was just sandstone, and suddenly the sandstone  blob grows larger and has unstable stone and shit next to it.

No way anything could have dropped from above.

I think it's the birth of a stone ooze.
It's the same with water. If it gathers enough water it builds a moving water ooze. I just can speculate here, because i never saw a stone ooze.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game reacts incredibly slow for me, feels like playing DF with 300 dwarves to me.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

This game reacts incredibly slow for me, feels like playing DF with 300 dwarves to me.
The game is turn based. It's normal for it to do that. (Unless the interface lags, then it's real leg.)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ENTIRE WORLD gets recalculated every time.
So yeah, i can see why it lags :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Is there any reason to build ladders? Wooden planks seem to to the same thing and they cost 10x less wood.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ladders only cost one wood afaik.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any reason to build ladders? Wooden planks seem to to the same thing and they cost 10x less wood.

They look better. :) Wooden planks can rot.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found a dwarf... he spammed his scrolls and eventually teleported me into hell!!!

I also found a ave with a crystal tree and 4 scientist. Have no screenshot of that, though.
Bomb spamming bastards...^^

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Well, everything seems to run just fine on my machine, but then again this laptop is all fresh and shiny...  My first ever multi-core processor (yes, I *have* been living under a rock.  But then again, that should be a leg up on this game).

Doesn't keep me from instantly dying from de-cloaking invisilizards, or climbing head-first into a chunk of concentrated splat though.  Yeah, I have a feeling this thing is going to take a while for me to get anywhere...  I'm another one of those unfortunates who ran into "cave dampness" first time with a smelter.  Which, of course, drained me to only 2 blocks of good stone so I had to go rock-hunting.

Well, a rock found me.  Guess that's efficient.

As I needed to call the folder something other than "build whatsit-value", I just temporarily dubbed the game "Darkstone", but I'm not sure if I'm quite happy with that.  And it's what I called it before actually playing.

Also like to toss my hat in and say that the visuals in this game are absolutely stunning...  Some truly atmospheric lighting, shading, and textures going on here.  Some of the aspects (torches, smelters, dead people, bombs) are still a bit odd, but I kind of have a feeling that that's mostly due to the dev focusing on other parts of the game first.  But, even so...  It kinda works, in its way.

So, yeah...  This is pretty much my way of saying "posting to watch".

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

I just tried to drop a hare underground... and the fucker FLEW out of the pit. Moreover, he flew through a solid wooden block. And while in its presence I could go through wooden blocks too.

This game becomes more insane with every minute I spend playing it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:41:09 pm by Dariush »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

I'm having to turn off Malwarebytes to even view rghost.net and then the download link doesn't do anything. I've even tried using IE without luck.

Could someone upload the latest build somewhere else please?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

You can walk through wood planks, its not floor, you cant walk through bricks, the background determines if its cave or room or outside; if it has brickface as background its room and wont ruin a smelter, water is your friend channeling it down while you go will just plain saves time, if water is moving fast you better make sure its not an ooze, flying isles are not only possible but make good defenses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Is it just me or does the crafting recipes morph? Sometimes its clay, sometimes its stone blocks, sometimes its gold ore, sometimes its planks, i mean, the htird ingredient.. its really annoying :(
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14