Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 43007 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Thanks for this freaking awesome game man! Its really awesome with all the physics and things that can happen! It really fits the roguelike spirit with the "a single wrong move can kill you" concept! :D
I also love the engrish in the game, it gives things charm.

I have an idea for a name for this game:

Terra Non Firma

or

Tales of the Great Hero

or

The Mortal Fate of the Great Hero

or

In MORTALIS fata magna BARBATUS
(wich means: The Deathly fate of the great bearded man)

or

or

or
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Why is there stone randomly appearing ._.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A new build is out. Please check the first post for the download link.

What's new?
1. Corrected the English font. It's better readable now.
2. Corrected the generation of creatures. Some of them will appear closer to the surface.
3. Web of Spider-womb is now afraid of torches. With a torch you can get rid of it or release other creatures from the web.
4. Made living growing roots. They are like regular roots only, but they grow.
5. Sometimes the protagonist explains what you can do.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Under which circumstances is a smelter destroyed by cave dampness, by the way?

I think it happens when you build the smelter without a base (wood planks, bricks, etc.) under it. If you build it one the pure stone it gets destroyed.

Why is there stone randomly appearing ._.

Maybe it's errosion or pressure. You get also falling stones from that.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Nope, I tried building on planks, same result.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

"Oh my I had a good run I started the round riding a living tree east until it turn back around built a homebase on a hill, dug several miles into the ground to find copper. Which is all said and good until I see dwarves come barging to the east of me. some how I made base next to their embark. I had to barricade myself in my smelter room due to building my house out of wood. all I had was 1 copper bar and some clay left so I built myself some boots. next thing I did was amazing.

I jump out of my house over some dwarves into their base stole some barrels of powder made a time bomb and jump out of there before it exploded... and fell to my death onto a tree.
So far I got a nice view of the explosion taking out their base on the way down."
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Soooooo, the game runs really slowly for me. Painfully laggy in response to commands and I assume from everyone else's comments that this is not the normal experience. Any ideas?

i5 2500k OC'ed 4.0GHZ
EVGA GTX 570 sc
8GB Ram
Win 7 64
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

I don't think you're alone, i can see sometime some delay in mouse clicks, there are times in which a click does not register, i have to insist on clicking.
Probably related to "Each turn the WHOLE map get's recalculated." mentionned in the opening post.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:50:17 am by Robsoie »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lizard owned me : I

Slipped of a ladder (or something) --- and after falling 4 (!) screens straight down, i hit this little puddle of water <3

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:09:21 am by ThtblovesDF »

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

It looks like the game calculations run on a different thread to the interface. So the game is still simulating from your last move but it still looks like you can interact with things. Though I have not had much problem with delay.

Anyway, I really like the shading and lighting. I dig down to as low as limestone and still have not been able to find anything except gold ore and coal. Underground dwarves have a tendancy to build on the surface. And them constructing something seems to hang the game-thread (or however it works) for a good 30 seconds or so (clicking on stuff does not do anything). Are they hostile? I ran into their rooms, stole their barrels and I think they were chasing me (they diddnt seem to mind my presence before I stole the barrels). I blew them up to be safe though. I really like the cave in mechanic, having to support structures is quite fun.

Also, when this game rains, it doesnt pull any punches. It basically floods the top of the map in 2 or 3 turns. It drains to the underground pretty quickly though (along with the ground).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, I tried building on planks, same result.

Hmm, i digged a room into sandstone and placed wooden planks on the outer walls, top and bottom. The smelter never get's destroyed this way.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:26:52 am by sk2k »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'm really just seeing rock grow in front of my eyes.
its almost like i'm exploring the blubbery insides of a huge dirty slime monster.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Are they hostile? I ran into their rooms, stole their barrels and I think they were chasing me (they diddnt seem to mind my presence before I stole the barrels). I blew them up to be safe though.
Bay12 mentality strikes again.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying this out.

Okay, I started on a mound of dirt, soon after the ground collapses beneath me and I die, all before taking a single step.
fml?  :o

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm really just seeing rock grow in front of my eyes.
its almost like i'm exploring the blubbery insides of a huge dirty slime monster.

Interesting, i have never seen growing rock, just normal stone (on edges) that turns into unstable stone. There is a rare monster in the game, the stone tentacle monster, maybe this is it? If it is just normale stone, than i do not know what's happens in your game.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14