Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 42980 times)

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A new build is out. Please check the first post for the download link. Blocks now have better descriptions.

Someone needs to correct the spelling. I can't do it, because my English is not the best. :) You can find the file "text02.txt" in the DATA folder

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gotta hate it when you're browsing the Bay 12 forums on your tablet at work and find such an interesting game. Now I have to wait six more hours till I can try it out!

CURSE YOU PEOPLE!
Agreed but I only have 3 hrs... ^_^
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

I would have not expected it turn by turn, but it's actually interesting. And the visuals are excellent with trees growing etc, the undeground light etc...

Though i ran into a problem, after digging the ground, my character fell to his death.

I clicked then on "Start on a new game" and it froze the game.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:59:37 am by Robsoie »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Though i ran into a problem, after digging the ground, my character fell to his death.
But blocks underneath you whenever you see a cave.
I clicked then on "Start on a new game" and it froze the game.
It didn't, the generation is just very slow and unresponsive for it's duration.

Did anybody notice that when you initially fire up the game, you have an obscene number of planks (2k+), but when starting a new game via the button, a correct amount (10)?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

that fall was when i understood that what i thought was a block actually wasn't :D
Next time i'll wait a bit more then if it's normal and not stuck, thanks.

Anyways, once i decided to cut some trees and make ladders everywhere, i ran into
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Uhh any one met a living tree? It's majestic as well freaky to see a herd of trees move through a hill. So far if the idea is to warp to another world, and make trans-dimensional gateways then that might be the best goal to have. The game beautiful to boot. Oh to fight anything you need a smelter and to smelt a sword, which means you need to dig down until you find some non gold ore. Until then your better off not fighting a soul and hide.
Also this game wow me on just how it depicts the sun shining off wooden planks.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:34:54 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well can't say that its terrible. But the annoyance of how restrictive it is with the controls and such. Sometimes can't cut a tree down fast enough as it keeps growing back each time I get down to the last one. And after going for a good little cavedelving, I fall off the ladder because of a stupid missclick where I shouldn't have and died. Bollox...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

freeze when start new game...

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

freeze when start new game...

The world generation needs some time.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

I've got several water oozes trapped in straight tunnels under my surface base.

These things cant be used as water subsitute right?
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Giving this a shot!

EDIT: Right now it's just too slow responding for me to manage to play, but I'm looking forward to continued development!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:52:45 pm by Seriyu »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

Got killed by an Underground dwarf, his tunnel intersected mine, magic scrolls are beast, trapping him is not going to help it any.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Also, be really careful about scaffolding construction, i was making a brigde over a shaft, and it collapsed, making me fall to my death.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Damn, how are you people getting so far? I've only seen lizards so far and collected a grand total of one piece of copper ore. :(

Under which circumstances is a smelter destroyed by cave dampness, by the way?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14