Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 42975 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

I thought it would be a problem but finally i like the new jump and wall walking moves, it took me a little while to start getting used to it (those loooong jump especially), but it really is helpfull when navigating the result of the dozen of cave in occuring regularly.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This game is balls off the walls.

Seems the new update took some focus off of building, copper seems to be errywhere now.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Huh. While I knew that you could stand on peaceful creatures, I didn't realize how bizzare it could become with the new movement system.
You can stand on dwarves standing on the side of a wall. Then they can stand on you standing on them (vertically). Then you can stand on them standing on you (horizontally). Then they can stand on you standing on them (vertically).

What this means in practice is a few things: dwarves (and any other ally you might find), can be used to catch your fall much like a wall can. It also means that you can spin out to the left/right/up a ledge for a few blocks, you will eventually collapse (after you make it a few blocks), so you might want to make a jump off before it happens, however while it works it is completely crazy.

Spoiler: ME AND DWARF FLY AWAY! (click to show/hide)

Yet another way that this game is completely ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:16:29 am by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another build is out. Download link in the first post of this thread.

1. (Important) The Pirate has a health. So, he did not die immediately from a fall from the battle, from the stone on his head. From the lava, however, are still dying at once.
2. Barrels of rum. They help Pirate improve their health.
3. Alembic. The hero can to ferment and distill rum. For personal use.
4. (Important) Well, of course, moving the Pirate has become more or less the same.
5. Increased stability of the Pirate home. Now the house is less susceptible to natural phenomena, and dwarfs.
6. Something for the petty balance.

The main change (for me) is the return of the old movement style.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

So right before we were able to completely derail the thread with jokes about pirates riding dwarves, the developer releases a new version? That's a smart developer.

I'll have to download a copy tomorrow (regardless of the ability to pun badly being reduced). It looks like the sort of crazy stuff I'd like.
It's a game. Have fun.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

the new version (july 21) removed the jump , a bit sad as i was having lot of fun with some silly jumping around, but fortunately it re-introduced the ladder/plank/etc... build commands that disappeared in previous builds to balance the jump disappearance.

Oddly, plank and ladder use the build plank, sometime it create a ladder sometime a plank, maybe linked to the direction you build.
edit : indeed it does, build plank to up or down and it's a ladder, to left or right and it's plank.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:59:32 pm by Robsoie »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Oddly, plank and ladder use the build plank, sometime it create a ladder sometime a plank, maybe linked to the direction you build.
edit : indeed it does, build plank to up or down and it's a ladder, to left or right and it's plank.
So... is it now impossible to get off a flat surface, since you can't jump up to the ladder?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

No it's fully possible to build a ladder from a flat surface

And remember that you can still climb walls made of plank too like in previous versions.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A new version is out. For details and download please check the first post in this thread.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

edit : oops i was in the wrong thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Arg.
Sometimes you can get hostile bunnies (which you can then easily kill, but is odd since they are called peaceful bunnies), as well as being able to get friendly scientists, who you can walk up to and then promptly shoot a bomb in your face anyways, because they are dicks.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

I walk up to a bunny and it promptly explodes in my face. This is normal, right?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess that is the "mined" creature variant the changelog spoke of?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Spoiler: What (click to show/hide)
So I step through a teleporter, and what do I see? This giant group of enemeis.

Also, for the first time I have gotten to the endgame (thanks to the new classes), its a pretty awesome place to be, danger and crazy enemies everywhere.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

Once you find your first building with a teleporter.
That links you to a whole network of other buildings with teleporters, with dangerous monsters around (eg. scientists, dwarves (both good and evil), and some of the very dangerous monsters too (giant spiders, SUPER GIANT OH MY GOD spiders, lava dragons, demons of various powers)).

Now, I could be wrong, and it might not actually be the endgame, and there might be stuff to explore if I somehow finished with this area (maybe hell as you say), but I don't think there is.
Also: I was exploring down there, and I saw a dwarf, it used a strange scroll, and I disappeared. Three turns later the map finally updates properly, it appears that it teleported me back up to the surface of the map (with like five other dwarves to keep me company as well as one of the dwarven buildings).
EDIT: WHAT JUST HAPPENED. On my way down it appears that mega giant spiders and webs are everywhere now, and there are plenty of random buildings everywhere as well. Ugh, this is strange.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:23:42 pm by lemon10 »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14