Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 42999 times)

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile

oh Armok.

this game is just awesome, DLed it and I still havent got further than making a torch, but the cave ins! the cave ins! I am sure the world will collapse on itself given enough time.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

It took me quite a while to figure out the big drill but now that I have I think huge might be a better description.

I haven't saved it yet. Would a sword be a better investment? How do give my little pirate more points in the various categories?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Oh wow i finally reached limestone layer, had help from friendly oozez, but then suddenly this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
how the trees even got there is beyond me, but arent the clowns supposed to first appear when you have buildt that teleporter thing?

Also how can i find copper ore, when the copper ore can only be found in a layer undiggable by hand?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You explore through existing caverns I guess. That is if you don't get killed by a crazy scientist before that like me.

Oh great, now  there's two water oozes following me, just great.  :'(

Apparently there's also lava oozes.  :o
I'm not getting close to this one.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:54:43 pm by Jelle »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

It's also very important to remember that resources don't need to be exposed in order to be harvested.  It just needs to be within view.  Our piratical underground crusader is quite capable of reaching through solid rock and plucking out ores buried deep within.  And then placing a ladder there.

In other news, I've just made my first bronze bar!  Yes, bronze, because there's so damned much tin around here that I figured I wouldn't be losing a whole lot if I started off with bronze instead of just copper.

And after the great effort of finding those two solitary outcroppings of copper ore (one of them guarded by THREE big red lizards all on the same ledge)...  I find that I have to do the same thing over again.  Yay.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Be carefull when you build something like a smelter, if you decide its position is not safe anymore (oh the cave-ins) , destroying it will not give you back the material used apparently.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

I have a new total of 6 water oozes trapped in a room, it just looks like a flooded pocket of stuff, but hey better safe then sorry.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

so far in my playthrough have I seen water ooze, I seen stone ooze, walking trees, friendly dwarves. but no water ooze, I did see water and it horribly kill me once.

edit: never mind found it, made it a companion, now have it lock into my highest room of my house. Any one use their pet water as means to scale floors?

also water ooze will save you from bombs and lava. not only that but will kill low level creatures.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:49:05 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

I met some Dwarves, but not the peacefull kind i found on the surface in a previous run.
Those are nasty evil ones, they seem to be flying as they were following me despite there was no platform anywhere and constantly read strange scrolls, one even teleported me back to the surface.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice

I ran into a flying stone ooze... it must have spawned on the surface and the just doesnt have the coding to tell it not to fly up and become a satelite...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

The evil dwarves teleported me back on the surface, good because i had no more escape route and my hopeless guy was going to be killed by them.

Another good thing is that being teleported away helped me to get rid of that damned water ooze.
That thing is extremely annoying when you have the nasty version of the dwarves around, as not only it helps the dwarves to climb (and they can kill you if too close) but as it prevent you to build your escape stairs/plank a water ooze is often a sure way to get killed.

And if you use the ooze to climb, you can be sure that when you'l be at a height that can kill you, the ooze under your character feet will conveniently move away, letting you fall down.

I wish there was a 100% sure way to get rid of that water ooze as it seems rock, wood and gravity are not an obstacle to contain it.

In other subject, while i was teleported to the surface, i found one of the nice peacefull dwarves, and near him i saw something floating on the sky, building a ladder i found
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Gah, my houses keep turning into dirt D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Man the new version spell everything out to you.
kinda hope the new version adds a toggle for that. I kinda the show not tell kinda guy and that image proves the new version does the opposite.
Gah, my houses keep turning into dirt D:

is your house made of wood, ladders, solid rock, anything that not brick or marble? if so then there a chance it going to turn into dirt. best off grabbing some clay, and build the smelter underground.

edit: it's not the ooze fault for killing you if you fall, that's your fault for not laying down safety ledges made of ladders to catch you when you, though I can see the water ooze is a hazard if you don't have 47 save books and boots. jumping and water ooze makes climbing !!FUN!! it's kinda like riding a horse. Sometimes you can fall off and horribly die, sometimes you can ride it over mountains.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:09:39 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Why would you need more then one save book?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Why would you need more then one save book?
Because they are a resource to be managed? I didn't even notice mine running out until a few games in.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14