Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Dwarves, imps, mad scientists, bombs, lava, death....a russian unnamed game  (Read 43001 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

This game is so fucking hilarious <3

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Also, I would appreciate the screenshots of the stone oozes and other weird stuff. Okay, weirder.
Stone oozes don't really look like anything special. You just get them filling your tunnels and moving with every tick.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

What's more fun is when they get into a large open cavern, in which case they splay out and fly around like a giant rock-amoeba in the shadows and scare the bejeezus out of folks like me.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

I saw the living stone ooze in the surface, the way they are propagating all over the place makes them look like some big creature with tentacles.

Exploring the underground, i suddenly noticed 2 bombs flying toward my general direction

I know what it was, scientists with guns/bombs again !

Fortunately being away from the explosion, i survived the collapse that followed it, i decided then to give a look from a higher place to the scientists that tried to kill me.

In fact on the screenshot he was falling down due to another explosion (that he probably caused) collapsing the ground, and splashed, though he left no corpse and just disappeared.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

eh, fuck it. I'm gonna get this.
Welcome. Leave your sanity in the trash bin.

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BTW, sk2k, are you absolutely sure you aren't the developer of the game?

Yes, i'm sure. :) I learned Russian in school, then in East Germany, but i'm not a Russian. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:16:46 pm by sk2k »

sk2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I KEEP DYING!

how do I make a weapon/pick? them lizards...

Look for copper ore, near or in the limestone layer. And you need a smelter and coal.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Ok, from what little I've seen (first page and this one), this looks kinda awesome. Posting to watch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

Things can go insane quickly with the "scientists" , i ran into some cave with a bunch of them, and they started throwing bombs, leading into some giant cave collapsing, i managed to survive it by landing on a rock that wasn't too far down and ran up with a self made plank stairs.
I noticed that following the cave-in what i thought was water fell down too, but its behaviour was a bit odd, and putting the cursor on it revealed it to be a huge water ooze.

And the whole watery thing was following me up my stairs ! fortunately it was harmless, but it really felt a bit creepy to see a big blob of water half the screen of size following me.

Finally ended while on a self-made wood bridge in front of 2 gun scientists, and what they did was ... throwing bombs at me, i tried to get up with a quickly built ladder, but the explosion collapsed everything i was on.
And i fell down into a lava patch (created by the bomb).

Unfortunately for the scientists, the generated collapse had them fall to their probable death too.

Surprising how much fun this is.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

That's what they want you to believe !

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Has...  Anybody noticed that the great hero is a pirate captain?

Seriously.  Look at his hat, and that bearded grimace.  Then the cloak/coat.  Then look even closer, and discover that he's actually got a peg-leg.

...seriously, what the heck are we playing here???

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile

After escaping more insane scientists (good that most of the time they're victim of their own evil) , i finally ran into a strange structure that seems to have a stockpile of powder barrels.
Could it be one of the scientists base ?

Oh and seems like my character is attracting water ooze attention, here's another one following my guy.
Can't trust that thing, probably leading us to our death or to some more ambushes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile

Just tested out a hare wand.  Wow, what an incredibly useful piece of equipment.  Well, I'm sure there's something one could do with a dozen spontaneous underground rabbits...  I wouldn't know.

And now I've trapped a stone ooze with some ladders and found out that you can hack away at their bodies.  Wow, frightening beasts.

And I've also discovered that "danger bombs" take no issue with having torches placed adjacent to them.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

That "house" will not last long. :D

...because you've simply dug it out.  If you want it to be a bit uglier/more house-y (and actually protect a smelter when or if that should enter into the picture), you'll need to swap out the walls, ceiling and floor with something you construct, be it doors, ladders, or wooden planks.

Yes, you can make a house of doors.

Because I get the distinct impression I'm playing a far more insane version of the game than everyone else.

No, that sounds about right.   Giant fractal trees that grow faster than you can cut them down and spam weightless acorns that just sit motionless in the air, hares that can apparently teleport through solid rock and into the door-protected house you built, a hysterically open definition of the word "ladder", tiny little reptilian bastards that are too small to see but will instantly and mercilessly slaughter you and destroy all you have worked so hard to achieve if they come so much as within 3 squares of you...

Yeah, seems reasonable.

Anybody else think that he maybe could have waited on development a bit before making savegames finite?  Oh, yeah, and stone oozes are horrifying creatures the first time you see them.

This game is a Dwarf-Tripping-On-Fly-Amanita-Hallucination Simulator :D
Think LSD, but not for PS1 :D
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a pretty awesome game, anybody have any solutions to the major lag (if they are having it)? That is the only flaw I see in it, not just the 'turns happening' Rogue-Like style but just sometimes there is a major delay between pressing 'move' and actually  moving.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14