Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [34.11]Tip: Trade Depot Search tip  (Read 5031 times)

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11]Tip: Trade Depot Search tip
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 07:30:12 pm »

Can anyone tell me why that isn't working for me ? If I use s:select and type "x" only a single rope reed trouser appears. I have hundreds of tattered clothings, but I can't make them show up .... They are not forbidden or owned.
Also searching for "trouser" or "shirt" does not work.

I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack, anyone else run into this ? I hope this isn't a bug ...

I'm guessing the rest are in bins, probably. Searched for Finished Goods bins and (v)iew a few of the ones listed as containing clothing, see if your worn stuff is in there.
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

hanni79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 08:16:41 pm »

Okay, I knew they are in Bins, but I did not guess the search function wasn't able to recognize it anyway.
So what's the best way to go here, Minecart Quantum stockpile without Bins ?

Oh oh... I just found out how many cloth can fit into a minecart, time to set up some Clothiers shops and let them produce on repeat ....
I hope no one gets unhappy thoughts before the minecart is full ... D'oh

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 09:15:56 pm »

Quantum stockpiles without bins are the best way to deal with clothing.  I keep my QS right by the Trade Depot (or within 3-5 tiles).  Makes it much easier to sell off the worn clothing.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 10:14:02 pm »

I've been selling worn clothes since the hauling update. They are light, useless and have a nice value. Then I just buy more cloth and keep the industry running.

I do this, too.  I call it Dwarven Goodwill.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 04:37:06 pm »

From my understanding when masterwork clothing rots away the clothier/leatherworker will get a negative thought. I make sure to sell it off before that can happen since I'll end up with one legendary of each that makes most of the clothing in the fort. Now, since they make so many masterworks in the end, a loss of a few doesn't matter much... but I'd rather buffer the losses to magma and dragonfire and keep Urist sane.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 05:44:29 pm »

I've been selling worn clothes since the hauling update. They are light, useless and have a nice value. Then I just buy more cloth and keep the industry running.

I do this, too.  I call it Dwarven Goodwill.
Welcome to the dwarven fortress of Eshon Ud! Distributing x(clothing)x to needy Dwarves since the Age of Myth. Goblin, Elf and Human donors please leave donations in a bloody pile at the fortress service entrance. Undead body parts not accepted.

Quantum stockpiles without bins are the best way to deal with clothing.  I keep my QS right by the Trade Depot (or within 3-5 tiles).  Makes it much easier to sell off the worn clothing.
I prefer making a clothing-only stockpile, with bins, right next to the depot. Makes transferring tradeables a lot faster and if you trade away the bins as well then the caravan won't take forever to pack up and leave.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 [2]