Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Steam Greenlight  (Read 23428 times)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Greenlight
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2012, 05:27:06 am »

Some good chap at RPS made a bot to collect data* from greenlight and got ip banned by steam:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1164739/greenlight.htm

click the heading to sort.

* the data is not live

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2012, 07:15:51 am »

It would be easier to view all the games if Steam wouldn't keep partially shuffling the list on each page change.

So far, many of the games seem to fit into categories.

* Alread-released games (That are trying to get on Steam)
* Partially complete games (Sometimes playable demo's etc)
* "Ideas" (Ideas are a dime-a-dozen)
* Other-peoples games (Such as several Minecraft's etc). They are getting progressively "banned" though.
* IOS/Mobile games. My personal dislike of this type of the game forms this category. Rounded-edge logo's usually give them away. (Most of them are also Tower Defence games)

Here are the ones that I am liking the look of:

* Blockscape (Super-HD Minecraft with finer blocks, water physics, slopes etc). Looking pretty polished.
* Blockade Runner (Minecraft in space, had my eye on this for a while).
* Routine (Dead space, but more atmospheric and 80's style SciFi. Which is awesome). Looking very polished.
* Dream
* Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator (A Ship Simulator where multiple people have to interact with individual consoles. Sounds interesting)
* Lumenox: Aaru's Awakening
* Chuck's Challenge 3D (Seems like the guy who did Chips Challenge. Nostalgia overflow)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2012, 08:50:30 am »

You forgot another category, alexandertnt: Things that are there to see how long it take for someone to notice its a hentai (or other category of game you usually don't see in public) game, and probably not by them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

Wait what, Greenlight accepts concepts and partially completed games?

The alphabet needs a bigger O to adequately describe what i'm feeling right now. I'm definitely going to submit Angry Laser Space at some point, because PUBLICITY. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2012, 01:19:02 pm »

That would be awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »

RIght now I have only voted for 6 of the near 700 games on there.  All of them are ones I had previously heard of.
Automation          -- I already own this
Blockade Runner  -- I own this too
Reciever              -- Got it with OVergrowth
Project Zomboid   -- Almost bought it earlier, but deided to wait
Kinetic Void          -- Found it too late to kickstart it myself
Rawbots              -- I need a Robot Arena 2/Spore replacement

Of course, there are probably things that I didn't see that I would support, but It's really hard to find them, and someone had put up Star Wars Battlefront on greenlight.  I was almost dissapointed it wasnt Battlefront 3.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2012, 01:38:48 pm »

You forgot another category, alexandertnt: Things that are there to see how long it take for someone to notice its a hentai (or other category of game you usually don't see in public) game, and probably not by them.

Some are more subtle than others.

I saw one zombie game whose main picture was of a unreasonably well endowed zombie playboy bunny bouncing her cleavage around. I'm not one to rage at childish displays of immaturity on the Internet, but I was kind of shocked. There are places you expect to see tasteless sex appeal, and others that you don't.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2012, 03:42:08 pm »

Wait what, Greenlight accepts concepts and partially completed games?

The alphabet needs a bigger O to adequately describe what i'm feeling right now. I'm definitely going to submit Angry Laser Space at some point, because PUBLICITY. c:
If you specifically mark it as 'concept', yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2012, 03:47:59 pm »

I saw one zombie game whose main picture was of a unreasonably well endowed zombie playboy bunny bouncing her cleavage around. I'm not one to rage at childish displays of immaturity on the Internet, but I was kind of shocked. There are places you expect to see tasteless sex appeal, and others that you don't.

That was "Zombeer". It had an animated gif of a female zombie shaking it's tits around with absurd amounts of jiggle physics. They've changed the icon now but it's still in the trailers. I was speechless when I saw it but I'm sure it will get Greenlight. They know what the Steam demographic is like :/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93088563&searchtext=zombeer

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2012, 04:09:51 pm »

There's tasteless sexualization bordering on necrophilia, and then there's the incident Aklyon was referring to.  Considering the average XBLI game I'm surprised we haven't seen more poorly doodled anime tits.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2012, 04:16:45 pm »

There is more than plenty of that, Microcline. Its just scattered throughout the internet instread of coalesced into game form.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:22 pm »

That was "Zombeer". It had an animated gif of a female zombie shaking it's tits around with absurd amounts of jiggle physics. They've changed the icon now but it's still in the trailers. I was speechless when I saw it but I'm sure it will get Greenlight. They know what the Steam demographic is like :/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93088563&searchtext=zombeer
Tried to read the description. Oh Zeus, the poor grammar. What have it done against the developers of this game? Seriously, they haven't even bothered to pass the description of the project, its very face for most people, through a spellchecker, let alone actual revision.

An excerpt, to share the suffering:
Yes … you must drink some beers if you don't want to transform into a Zombie (like in the real world?), but if you drink too much you'll have some troubles to contrl the player (like in the real world, hehe).
Yes, this is part of the description of the game project in Steam Greenlight. It's not an informal post in a forum, it's not some quick tweet, not some small fragment lost among a truckload of text, it's the Amok damned description.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2012, 12:59:21 am »

On a positive note, I just found Sang-Froid, a game where you play as a pair of Canadian lumberjacks who must protect their sister from the Devil and his werewolf minions using traps and historically accurate liquor and firearms.  The gameplay looks a bit like Orcs Must Die but with more open environments and much stronger enemies, like what would happen if you combined OMD with the strider battle from the end of Episode 2.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2012, 04:15:17 am »

Sang-Froid is from the same folks who inspired the makers of Castle Story. I definitely gave that one a thumbs up.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2012, 10:15:39 am »

It's a pity there is no option to not rate a game and just remove it from the big list of unrated games. I don't really want to have to downvote games that may be good but are not of a type that I would be interested in simply to get them out of the list.

Down voting essentially just does that (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32641767&postcount=5)

Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13