Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Steam Greenlight  (Read 23379 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Steam Greenlight
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2012, 05:13:43 pm »

In this rate, towns will be accepted to steam in 50-100 days, not that slow...

Other, more popular games, already has more than 5% in the first hours of its launch.

It's also likely that a lot of people haven't seen that Greenlight has launched or those who are already part of a games community for games already released off of steam heard about it to come and vote. It will be interesting to see what rate voting occurs at in a week or so once the initial rush passes.

edit: I'll revise that 1000 votes per 1%, towns just ticked over to 1% at 700 votes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:16:20 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2012, 05:20:22 pm »

In this rate, towns will be accepted to steam in 50-100 days, not that slow...

Other, more popular games, already has more than 5% in the first hours of its launch.

It's also likely that a lot of people haven't seen that Greenlight has launched or those who are already part of a games community for games already released off of steam heard about it to come and vote. It will be interesting to see what rate voting occurs at in a week or so once the initial rush passes.

edit: I'll revise that 1000 votes per 1%, towns just ticked over to 1% at 700 votes.

Hmm, the submitters of the game also has the Up vote / Down vote stats as well. we know the % of up votes for towns (very very high) but not the amount. we cant tell for sure because we don't know how many really vote, but i think your assumption may yet still prove correct. there are games with lower favourite votes, yet they attained the 1-2%. what visible is that they also have more unique visitors, so perhaps they also have more up votes.

Edit - NVM gnomoria just hit 700 as well and ticked to 1%. guess that's the formula. seems strange.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:35:42 pm by burningpet »

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2012, 05:24:16 pm »

The games that interest me are Trackverse, Oniken, Kenshi, Delver, Project Giana, Signal Ops, Exploding Robots, Contrast, and Towns.

Belopius

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Salvation Prophecy
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2012, 05:33:13 pm »

I also posted this on the Salvation Prophecy giveaway thread (contest is over), but I just added a greenlight entry for my game:
If you're into spacey sci-fi games, please check it out:  Salvation Prophecy on Greenlight

Greenlight is getting very crowded very quickly, and I really appreciate any help I can get.  :)

The games that interest me are Trackverse, Oniken, Kenshi, Delver, Project Giana, Signal Ops, Exploding Robots, Contrast, and Towns.

Cool, Kenshi is made with the open source graphics engine as Salvation Prophecy.  I think the game has a great feel to it, although I haven't played yet.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »

I already announced it in the HAPPY thread, but I might as well toss it in here too:

After a couple weeks hiatus from Steam, I was intrigued to see Steam Greenlight. I noticed Towns was on the list (and made a post/upvoted/favorited) and then I stumbled across something that got me all kinds more excited.

What's that in the sky? Is it a bird? A plane? ...What IS that? "FIRE!!" *KABOOM!!!* It's an airship.

Remember that one game that I had playing on my livestream channel as part of it's cycle between recordings with all the airships? That was a mod for Unreal Tournament 2k4 called AirBuccaneers, made by Ludocraft. Well, guess what? It's still in development as it's own standalone game.

As your future captain, I order you future deckhands to up-vote this game to be available on Steam.

WE SET SAIL FOR THE SKIES!!!

EDIT:
Found the game's main site, and it turns out we can download a free alpha version of the game. I would figure you get more content from the full game. Downloading it right now.

EDIT:
Game still needs a little more work, but it's beautiful nonetheless. Without an account, i wasn't able to battle against anyone (not even bots), but still, they really streamlined the controls, and the game is much easier to play functionally.

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2012, 05:47:41 pm »

Ok, the % are probably a global thing so its not a definite X up votes (or X favourited) = X% but something that takes into account other games as well.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2012, 06:09:56 pm »

That Exploding Robots thing sounds awesome -- we need more ADD adaptive AI-herding simulator RTSes!

Just imagine the funny stories that would arise from that.

"I sent fire support, but he got distracted by a bird. He has been reprimanded and says he is very sorry."
"My snipers got into a slapping war over kill-stealing! Help me distract them before they remember they have rifles!"
"I trained my engineers to repair burned robots only AFTER the fire goes out!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2012, 07:44:38 pm »

Looking at this, it certainly makes more sense why steam takes forever to do somethings (not perfect sense, but better sense than before).

Edit: missed seeing him leave, ignore this.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:46:14 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2012, 08:33:58 pm »

Well I did my duty and upvoted Towns.

Browsing through, this really looks like XBLI, where you have to wade through every first-time programmers neon-colored shit to find the [small] percentage of decent games.  Steam probably has a good idea with crowdsourcing, as that should speed up the admissions process without opening the floodgates and swamping Steam with a wave of sewage.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2012, 09:50:40 pm »

So far, with my limited patience wading through junk (mostly yesterday when there was at most ~230 things), I've found/upvoted:

Age of Decadence (looks pretty neat)
3079 (I have it, its interesting)
Platformines (the free beta version awhile back was fun)
Frayed Knights (For the humor)
Kenshi (I have it, its interesting)
Immortal Defense (Demo was fun, but I'd forgotten about it until I'd seen it a day or two ago)
Gnomoria & Towns (One I don't have, one I do, both are nifty)
Receiver (Seen someone play it, interested)
Some RPG (yay, parody?)
Kinetic Void (Kickstarted it, we need more interesting space games)
WazHack (Because its fun)
8BitMMO (It was fun before and there wasn't that much, with all that new stuff it should be even better. Maybe not tho.)
Project Giana (Looks neat)
DLC Quest (Looks silly)

On the other side of things, Muffin Knight looks like a ripoff of Supercratebox from what I can tell.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2012, 12:40:49 am »

Meanwhile, I'm going through and downvoting everything that has MS Paint graphics. Nothing against "bad" graphics, but you could put more than 5 seconds into them if you're putting them up on something that decides whether you get to make money off it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2012, 01:22:10 am »

Meanwhile, I'm going through and downvoting everything that has MS Paint graphics. Nothing against "bad" graphics, but you could put more than 5 seconds into them if you're putting them up on something that decides whether you get to make money off it.

Hee hee, I'm down voting anything that mentions "Free to Play".  I'm a spite filled gamer and proud of it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2012, 02:09:45 am »

Agreed. There are over 600 games on there so far and most of them look terrible. I saw one that looked like it was pumped through an RPG maker from well over 10 years ago.

With that said there was a free game called The Legend that looks rather good. Yes it's a Slenderman game, but it looks good. Not only that but they claim they're trying to move away from a passive Slenderman and make him more sinister. Did I mention that it has co-op where you start seperated? Let's see... a free co-op horror game with slenderman and good graphics? I like this. Why is it at 0%!?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2012, 02:11:17 am »

I demand tribute, my minions! Thumbs up No time to explain and TowerClimb!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2012, 05:00:28 am »

No time to explain made a good flash game, but i dont see it becoming a title you'd pay for.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13