Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Steam Greenlight  (Read 23412 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Greenlight
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2012, 09:39:29 am »

Really? Every game I've ever tried has worked fine, fair enough.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2012, 09:40:29 am »

Have you done it when steam is not working?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2012, 09:43:20 am »

I've done it when the internet is off, aye. Worked with Football Manager and a few other games that I can't remember right now..

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2012, 09:50:14 am »

I've done it when the internet is off, aye. Worked with Football Manager and a few other games that I can't remember right now..

This man speaks the truth.  If it doesn't have DRM, you can launch the .exe without any issues.

If it has DRM you can launch it in offline mode in Steam without any issues.

If you encounter a bug with offline mode you should submit it to them so they can fix it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2012, 10:26:41 am »

Oh, and they fixed the offline mode bug, so now you can simply shut down your computer and offline mode will work.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2012, 10:32:43 am »

Oh, and they fixed the offline mode bug, so now you can simply shut down your computer and offline mode will work.
Oh?
Sweet.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2012, 10:53:53 am »

Really? When was that? Because it wasn't working for me last time I had to try... Granted, that was more than a month ago now.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2012, 10:58:36 am »

offline mode still requires steam to connect to the net.
Civ 4 piracy: 10%
civ 5 piracy(after steam): 60% say they did.

questions?
Civ 5 also is considered a crapshoot game in the series. nothing is DRM safe, i was running Skyrim for a while till i bought the game. For civ5 they require one time steam activation so its easy to distribute after that.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2012, 11:17:21 am »

Really? When was that? Because it wasn't working for me last time I had to try... Granted, that was more than a month ago now.
Quote from: Steam Update, 20th of august
Steam client update released

- Fixed broken offline mode if Steam process didn't shutdown correctly
- Fix jittery scrolling in Steam client web views
- Fixed pre-load UI for games using new content system
- Reduced disc load while updating games using the new content system
- Grid view supports more kinds of PNG images (e.g. grayscale, grayscale with alpha)
- Fixed back/forward buttons not working correctly when searching in the store or viewing workshop discussions
- Fixed "Open link in new tab" in overlay browser
- Fixed creating shortcuts for games with Unicode names
Yup, no clue why it took them so long, but that should be it for that stupid bug.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2012, 11:20:33 am »

consitering that steam is a raving asshole that MUST be shot, how the hell is this GOOD?

You sound like a iliterate raving asshole that MUST be shot, how the hell is this post GOOD?

You must be diving below the 90 treshold IQ.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »

Greenlight is a go!  Now where is Towns and phr00t's games.   :P

Edit:  And I already hate how greenlight seems to order things randomly.  How am I supposed to check out new entries without reviewing everything each time I visit! 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 12:47:06 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2012, 01:05:00 pm »

This game sounds a bit like DF. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2012, 02:56:34 pm »

That exploding robots game does look pretty nifty.
Towns is there.

There are a few titles on greenlight that look interesting, but it seems to me that most of the titles are zombie games, parody games, clones, and/or trash.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2012, 03:01:14 pm »

I'm confused. Why did they let anyone upload games on to Greenlight instead of having the developers have to go through Valve? There's a whole bunch of games (like SCP: Containment Breach) that have been uploaded by random people. What's the point in letting people upload games when the developer might not have any interest in having their games on Steam?

Seems like the system is a little flawed now. Also the amount of zombie games and MS Paint concept art is pretty hilarious.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »

I'm confused. Why did they let anyone upload games on to Greenlight instead of having the developers have to go through Valve? There's a whole bunch of games (like SCP: Containment Breach) that have been uploaded by random people. What's the point in letting people upload games when the developer might not have any interest in having their games on Steam?

Seems like the system is a little flawed now. Also the amount of zombie games and MS Paint concept art is pretty hilarious.
They seem to be removing the games that aren't uploaded by the copyright holders. It's not going through valve I guess to reduce the manpower required and let even the smallest devs go for it.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13