Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Steam Greenlight  (Read 23396 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Greenlight
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 12:39:18 pm »

its laggy, anoying, requiring you to jump thru a exxsessive number of hoops, and a pain in the ass.

why? it isent.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 12:42:05 pm »

What are these "hoops"?
What is this "pain in the ass"?

You're saying random things but not defining them.

But i'll agree that the steam browser is slow and badly made, if thats what you were talking about.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2012, 12:43:15 pm »

Disliking the way a program works is not an excuse to treat human beings badly/rudely.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2012, 12:44:15 pm »

i was bashing steam.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »

AseaHeru, listen to Furtuka.  You won't make any friends the way you're acting.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2012, 12:58:03 pm »

Steam annihilates my bandwidth, even with every option that involves downloading and patching things turned off. I really, really dislike using it when I'm on my slow home network.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »

Ah, then i see why you dont like using it.
I got a f*cking great home network, so i dont have to worry about that.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2012, 01:01:16 pm »

Its laggy, annoying, requiring you to jump through an excsessive number of hoops, and a pain in the ass.

Why? It isn't.
I know normally being a spelling and grammar nazi isn't cool, but I'm mentally doing this every time I read your posts. Proofread, would you? And what are you saying steam isn't?

Anyway, back I topic, you can fucking bet I was grumpy when I bought a boxed copy of Empire: Total War at Best Buy and had to install it through Steam. All ten gigabytes or so; the thing came on three or four discs but it wouldn't let me use them. I have to say though, I DID eventually warm up to Steam mostly based on the sales in their store. As a distribution platform it's convenient and really works. It really sucks if developers have a hard time getting on there, but I don't see it being worse if a developer can't get on steam with the new system than if they couldn't get on in the first place.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2012, 01:01:48 pm »

I have a feeling Aseaheru is about 13 years old or english is his second language...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2012, 01:04:35 pm »

Doesn't really matter about him, trolls will troll any topic that is similar to what they hate(or in some cases when they are paid to hate on it), anyways, overall the greenlight looks interesting and I'll have to see how it turns out to really make a call on if its good or bad.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 01:07:30 pm »

ptw

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »

Doesn't really matter about him, trolls will troll any topic that is similar to what they hate(or in some cases when they are paid to hate on it), anyways, overall the greenlight looks interesting and I'll have to see how it turns out to really make a call on if its good or bad.

Agreed. If it turns out bad, then it's bad, if it turns out good, then its good :P .

I just hope we wont get many games that give the exact amount of required videos/screenies, but no demo, look really promising, nice flavour texts but turn out to be big piles of shit.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 01:14:15 pm »

Its laggy, annoying, requiring you to jump through an excsessive number of hoops, and a pain in the ass.

Why? It isn't.
I know normally being a spelling and grammar nazi isn't cool, but I'm mentally doing this every time I read your posts. Proofread, would you? And what are you saying steam isn't?

Anyway, back I topic, you can fucking bet I was grumpy when I bought a boxed copy of Empire: Total War at Best Buy and had to install it through Steam. All ten gigabytes or so; the thing came on three or four discs but it wouldn't let me use them. I have to say though, I DID eventually warm up to Steam mostly based on the sales in their store. As a distribution platform it's convenient and really works. It really sucks if developers have a hard time getting on there, but I don't see it being worse if a developer can't get on steam with the new system than if they couldn't get on in the first place.

i've never had to use it myself, but isn't there a way to install a game off disc and then add it to your steam account? I know you can add non-steam games to steam. Seems wierd that it wouldn't let you use the discs if all the data was there? :S

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 01:17:57 pm »

My brother had supreme commander, installed from the disk, then used the cd key on his steam account and it worked just fine, steam acknowledged that it was installed elsewhere and patched it which is still able to be played even when steam isn't running at all, know quite a few other games even when they are installed in the steam common directory that doesn't require steam running.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13