Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Pokemon Canterbury (Pokemon FireRed romhack) V0.2.0 NOW AVAILABLE  (Read 48980 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Canterbury (Pokemon Ruby romhack) CURRENT STAGE: PLANNING
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 08:41:35 pm »

I've done some spriting in my day. I can probably help you out as I have made a couple of good fake-e-mons before when I was on a poke' RP site. Just tell me what you need and I will see what I can make. It's been a while though so don't expect anything over the top fantastic.
Excellent. Can you try and sprite a Scareel, possibly following up with Pythobia and Paniconda if you have the time/if you feel like doing so? Colour reference is here.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:07:22 pm by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »

Err, unless Paniconda is supposed to be a Teenage Girl pokemon, I think you have the wrong image.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 10:06:56 pm »

der fuq

EDIT: Dang imgur and its capitalization issues. Link fixed.

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 10:47:19 pm »

Snakes... Why did it have to be snakes...

But in all srsness I should be done with one or two by sunday or monday. Shading is a problem for me but my younger bro just learned how to do it. If anything is majorly wrong I can always try again.

Btw. What are the pixel num? 160x160? 100x100? How much room do I have to work?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 11:01:29 pm »

64*64 pixels (Gen3 sprites are irritating because everything beforehand uses GB graphics and everything afterwards is 80*80), 15 colours max. I can touch up shading and such if need be.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 04:51:19 pm »

All Pokemon that would normally evolve by trade, including those requiring hold items, now evolve by using a Pulse Stone, which can be purchased at any PokeMart after obtaining your fourth Badge. The Pulse Stone simulates the electrical effect that causes certain Pokemon to evolve when traded.

(Clamperl and its evolutions aren't in this hack, so this doesn't apply to them.)

EDIT: Also, all items and their descriptions have been decapitalized; all Pokemon, Trainers and dialogue will likewise use normal casing. The game is no longer shouting at you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:34:50 pm by Zaerosz »

Frontestro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 08:19:39 pm »

But The Shouting Was One Of The Best Parts!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »

Moveset required for Wyvital, Wyvernal and Wyvernate; Ghost/Dragon, pseudolegendary, evolving at levels 25 and 50. Wyvernate has to be able to know Lick, Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath and Twister somehow. Changes to the original design include spindly little back-claw-arms on Wyvital, and larger ones on Wyvernal; the spikes on Wyvernate's wings are extended and enlarged to match.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:22:01 pm by Zaerosz »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 10:13:33 pm »

Replaced the list in the first post with a Google Docs link to a regularly updated list.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Canterbury (Pokemon FireRed romhack) CURRENT STAGE: PLANNING
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2012, 04:36:26 am »

Moveset required for Wyvital, Wyvernal and Wyvernate; Ghost/Dragon, pseudolegendary, evolving at levels 25 and 50. Wyvernate has to be able to know Lick, Dragon Claw, Dragon Breath and Twister somehow. Changes to the original design include spindly little back-claw-arms on Wyvital, and larger ones on Wyvernal; the spikes on Wyvernate's wings are extended and enlarged to match.

What gen can I go up to? I should be able to write something up in the next couple of days providing you can give a bit more info on what you want RE strengths/weaknesses

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 09:02:38 pm »

What gen can I go up to? I should be able to write something up in the next couple of days providing you can give a bit more info on what you want RE strengths/weaknesses
Gen3, and I'm thinking high ATK, SP. ATK and SPD, with low defenses and middling HP. Relatively speaking, anyway, its BST is 600 at the end of the line.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2012, 10:41:41 pm »

You know... if Shiny pokemon have an entirely different sprite (which I am still convinced they do not) why not just make them look different?

Also Generation 3? Well I think shadowball was one of these. Don't forget Bite, Leer, and Scary Look.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:50 pm »

You know... if Shiny pokemon have an entirely different sprite (which I am still convinced they do not) why not just make them look different?

Also Generation 3? Well I think shadowball was one of these. Don't forget Bite, Leer, and Scary Look.
Shiny Pokemon use the same sprite as regular Pokemon, but a different palette, i.e. every colour on the original is replaced with a different colour on the shiny.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22