Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question: Superdwarf?  (Read 1890 times)

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question: Superdwarf?
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »

Straight to my point
Is it possible to make a dwarf stronger if said dwarf was given candy sutures and other surgical items? Or would that not affect the dwarfs protection agaisnt future attacks? Has any !Science! really been done to prove this?
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Question: Superdwarf?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »

I dont really think it would.
That being said, i have no experience on the matter.
It just seems to me that whether i get stiched with thread or chucknorrismetal, i'll still just be someone with stiches in my face.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:39 pm »

Implanting adamantium won't turn a dwarf into Wolverine, no.  Getting acid directly into his bloodstream will turn him into Plastic Man, though.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:57:27 pm »

However if you want to go hang out in the modding forum, you might be able to take advantage of the new interactions framework (the bit that makes vampirism and lycanthropy contagious) to build an interaction that gives your dwarves superdwarvenly powers.  Mod cave spiders, for example, to inject a venom that causes your dwarves to become superdwarvenly agile and strong and increased healing.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 06:04:04 pm »

However if you want to go hang out in the modding forum, you might be able to take advantage of the new interactions framework (the bit that makes vampirism and lycanthropy contagious) to build an interaction that gives your dwarves superdwarvenly powers.  Mod cave spiders, for example, to inject a venom that causes your dwarves to become superdwarvenly agile and strong and increased healing.

I'd mod crundles for that, crundle breeding ftw!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »

I'd mod crundles for that, crundle breeding ftw!

Crundle-dwarf! Crundle-dwarf!  Doing all the things a crundle ... can. 

Ewww, I think I just got squicked..
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »

Thanks for all of your replys guys, Bay12 is so helpful!
Another question.  Who will give me to raw to get these super weird cave spider injecting super powers? :D
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »

Thanks for all of your replys guys, Bay12 is so helpful!
Another question.  Who will give me to raw to get these super weird cave spider injecting super powers? :D
Look up VAMPIRE and LYCANTHROPE in <DF directory>/data/raw/objects/ to see how their affliction is spread. Just looked myself, only to see that they aren't listed that way.  Check the mod section, as I know its been posted in there which file has the tempates Toady provided in the raws.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:13:36 pm by krenshala »
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 07:51:45 am »

Okay, thx. Im going to go to the modding section so that I dont get to off topic.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 11:17:18 am »

Now I have to mod in a rare spider thats bite gives a dwarf spider powers, like shooting webs. No wall climbing yet though.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?