Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Random adamantine longsword?  (Read 3217 times)

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random adamantine longsword?
« on: July 09, 2012, 03:05:26 pm »

So I've been hammering away creating a passable fortress with a fledgling steel industry and a recently employed danger room to create legendary warriors, and as I was building the first danger room I noted something strange. As I was linking the Danger Room to a lever, I noticed there was one more upright spike/spear for it to link to. At about level 16 in an area I had not dug out yet, there appears to be an upright Adamantine Longsword. Any idea what this may be, guys?

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Random adamantine longsword?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »

I say link it and pull it
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 03:10:16 pm »

OH YES. You have a clown tent!

That means there is a HFS in the caverns, dig deeper and find that fortress!

Spoiler: SPOILERS (click to show/hide)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:10:51 pm »

It's either treasure, a warning, or some kind of sword in the stone magical locking mechanism waiting for something to happen.  What do you think is the best course of action?

Spoiler: what's really going on (click to show/hide)
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 03:12:18 pm »

Oh you guys. Why couldn't this be ecret until he did it, like it was with me? You guys suck. =[
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »

That's what spoiler boxes are for.  If folks want secrets, they don't have to look.  If they want the real information, well, that's why a lot of people come here.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Mohawk_Bravo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:10 pm »

I figured it was not good. Upon looking I realized it was at floor 160. I do not plan to go that deep for awhile. Of course, should a siege end up nearly killing me, I'll probably hook up a self destruct system to it so that I can at least take the entire province with me.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 03:40:50 pm »

Just make sure it's a well-guarded self-destruct mechanism.  There's a story floating around somewhere of a kobold thief that actually managed to sneak down there, trip the thing and damn the fortress.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 03:42:13 pm »

Just make sure it's a well-guarded self-destruct mechanism.  There's a story floating around somewhere of a kobold thief that actually managed to sneak down there, trip the thing and damn the fortress.

Do you have the link? I must see this.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 03:44:38 pm »

I saw it linked in somebody's sig, search up the quoted comment Solid Kobold: Fortress Eater.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 03:49:54 pm »

That is why I love kobolds. There freaking terrorists, destroying entire settlements by unleashing demons.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

who says it's bad anyway? You know now what is comming, you know where they'll come and when. So it's just a matter of linking the thing, walling off the area around it (keep in mind stairs and stuff) and set a lot of spike traps to a lever and pull it repeatedly, military mop up any that were stone, gem or metal material
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 04:56:05 pm »

You guys suck. =[
That one was great fun. Why can't more people take the subtle approach?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2012, 07:40:36 pm »

You guys suck. =[

Subtlety is a dying art. Honesty killed it with its own dismembered leg.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 02:19:06 am »

You guys suck. =[

Subtlety is a dying art. Honesty killed it with its own dismembered leg.

We must get the paddles of life and bring Subtlety back. That time when you got Spiral was hilarious. I.E it needs to happen again.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: [1] 2