Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More stockpile problems  (Read 939 times)

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More stockpile problems
« on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:00 pm »

1st problem is i have a large gem that is encrusted with gems sitting in my jeweler workshop. Even if i make a finsihed good stockpile that only allows "large gems" it will not take it. i can't seem to get it out of there.

2nd i have two finished goods stockpiles. 1 accepts from a craftdwarves workshop and gives to the jewler for encrusting, it only takes from links. The 2nd finished goods stockpile only accepts from the jewler and gives is not set, it only takes from links, that problem is dwarves are comming in and grabbing from the second stockpile and mixing it with the 1st meaning that all encrusted finsihed goods are mixed with non-encrusted finished goods. I dont' know how to prevent, utilization of burrows is not an option to resolve either issue.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More stockpile problems
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 07:26:56 pm »

That finished goods pile is the problem. Since it's linked to the jewelers shop, no others can take from it. Link your Large gems stockpile to the workshop as well.

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:44:46 pm »

That finished goods pile is the problem. Since it's linked to the jewelers shop, no others can take from it.

Not sure i understand "that" do you mean the first or the second finished goods stockpile.

The problem isn't that goods are not being taken, the problem is they ARE being taken and mixed with other goods that are not encrusted and then placed back into the finished goods stockpile that gives to jewler and takes from craftdwarfs. This means items that are encrusted may be doubly or triply encrusted, id'e like control over this process

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 10:47:39 pm »

1st problem is i have a large gem that is encrusted with gems sitting in my jeweler workshop. Even if i make a finsihed good stockpile that only allows "large gems" it will not take it. i can't seem to get it out of there.

2nd i have two finished goods stockpiles. 1 accepts from a craftdwarves workshop and gives to the jewler for encrusting, it only takes from links. The 2nd finished goods stockpile only accepts from the jewler and gives is not set, it only takes from links, that problem is dwarves are comming in and grabbing from the second stockpile and mixing it with the 1st meaning that all encrusted finsihed goods are mixed with non-encrusted finished goods. I dont' know how to prevent, utilization of burrows is not an option to resolve either issue.
1. Large gems have been an issue for a while, and still are. You can't really do much about this except trading it off.

2. Try getting rid of the second stockpile. Frankly, I don't think it's necessary, and that might be the reason why it's going back to your first stockpile.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 10:53:48 pm »

Thanks for the reply

1. another bug!!!
2. IF i remove the 2nd stockpile then my encrusted FGoods will mix with my non-encrusted and any additional encrust orders will potentially target already encrusted goods. This wouldn't be bad if theft wasn't an issue but i don't wanna put all my eggs in one basket, or all my gems on one good.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 11:19:20 pm »

1. another bug!!!
2. IF i remove the 2nd stockpile then my encrusted FGoods will mix with my non-encrusted and any additional encrust orders will potentially target already encrusted goods. This wouldn't be bad if theft wasn't an issue but i don't wanna put all my eggs in one basket, or all my gems on one good.
1. Yes, another bug. This is an alpha game after all..

2. Since your first stockpile is set to take from links and give to links, there shouldn't be a problem of mixing finished goods. Alternatively, you could try changing the quality levels under stockpile settings for those two stockpiles. Since encrusted goods are worth more than non-encrusted goods, you should be able to prevent encrusted stuff from going into the first stockpile.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."