Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The B&W Franchise.  (Read 6093 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: The B&W Franchise.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2012, 04:47:58 pm »

So I'm a shopping noob.  Anyone point me to a link where I can click "buy now" and enjoy the game?

Also any digital download options?

Black & White

Creature Isle

Black & White 2 + Battle of the Gods.

Couldn't find any digital alternatives :(

Alternatively, I could post you my copy of the original B&W if I can find it and you pay the postage.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2012, 04:52:51 pm »

I really felt like a God in the first one, though my favorite part of it was the creature. I always picked the cow and had the most adorable do-gooding cow ever seen though I couldn't stop him from watering trees :P

I've seen some fun behaviour online as well. My creature (good) was fighting an evil creature that kicked it's butt (Fights in this game were pretty awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxD15UOdj38) . After my creature was down for the count, the enemy creature turned his back on me and started pooping on my creature. That was pretty funny. The owner said it took some time to teach him that :P

B&W2 is fun in its own rights as it was fun to build a city and the missions had a nice flow, but things like the creature and how you unlock new buildings were a huge letdown for me for the same reasons as Kagus explained.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2012, 05:30:17 pm »

Oh yeah, and just for the sake of nothing in particular...   I'd like to point out that both Blackey and Whitey were voiced by the same guy; Marc Silk.  Now, he pretty much did most of the voices for the original Black & White, but I still think it's kind of cool to have the two sides of a conscience done by the same person.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »

I've seen some fun behaviour online as well. My creature (good) was fighting an evil creature that kicked it's butt (Fights in this game were pretty awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxD15UOdj38) .

Aren't there better examples of creature combat on Youtube? No offense to that guy, but he's pretty terrible at it... :)

Just had a look myself, and there really aren't any good videos. Shame, really, because click-spam is a poor strategy. It'll also teach your creature to be overly offensive in auto-fights, meaning he'll not know how to block or dodge effectively, and is more likely to get his butt kicked in an unguided fight.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:21 pm »

So, what's the consensus on BotG? I bought Black & White 2 a couple years back, and have since gotten many hours of enjoyment from it. After having beat the game several times, I have been considering getting the expansion for a while now, but have never felt quite certain of whether or not it would be worth the money, especially considering how little I have to spare. at the moment.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2012, 12:33:26 pm »

A while ago, I tried teaching the cow Creature to eat babies, and do other evil things.

He got fairly good at the eating babies thing. But he got tired and thirsty too easy.
He also developed a taste for cows.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]