Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92406 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #1335 on: October 02, 2012, 07:30:47 am »

ok back from hospital...what did i miss?

Not much, apart from the build up to Richard's downfall.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 02, 2012, 07:52:02 am »

And im just starting to work on my assassin army.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 02, 2012, 08:07:37 am »

And im just starting to work on my assassin army.
Don't count on it until it happens.  :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 02, 2012, 10:31:59 pm »

adwarf, how did you get into the war camp surrounding Stormstead?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 03, 2012, 05:22:04 am »

He was there before you...besides, how can you surround Stormstead if its covering an island? On another note it seems to me  like an glorious idea to burn down all the bridges of the country to fend off enemy armies, when the war is over the trade will totally not be interrupted...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 03, 2012, 06:39:06 pm »

On this subject, let's do a mechanical ruling/clarification which might well become important in the very near future.

Fortification Combat

Fortifications (keeps, castles and to a lesser extent city walls) all provide bonuses to defenders that hold them, provided they are on the defensive.  A standard motte and bailey fort (like Windheath's starting forts) grants a +50% defensive strength bonus to defenders.  City walls grant +25% defensive strength bonus to defenders.  Higher level forts grant an additional +50% strength bonus per level.

Cavalry lose their plains bonus when attacking units in fortifications unless the fortification has been breached by siege equipment.  They still retain their tactical and general strength bonus, but horses aren't great for attacking walls.

Bridges

Bridges cannot be breached, but they can be destroyed.  Bridges are special in that they force a maximum of three melee units per side to engage because of the width of the bridge.  Ranged units (archers) may continue to take part in the fight as normal on either side, but generals must choose which three units (or less) of their army to stick on the front line and fight for the bridge.

Collapsing the bridge (via siege engine damage) will destroy all units fighting in melee on the bridge.

Bridges can be burned by armies that are present at the bridge, provided they are unassailed by other armies and provided there is not a hostile fort next to the bridge (e.g. in the case of Westwatch).  In such a situation, fort defenders sally forth and kill the engineers until the fort is taken or otherwise neutralised.  The best way to secure a bridge is to build a fort next to it.

Garrisons

Cities and forts (but not bridges) have an immovable garrison of 1 standard regiment, no matter what other forces occupy them.  This regiment is replenished after a fort is taken by force and is always there to provide a certain degree of resistance even if the rest of the army is off fighting elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:42:12 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 07, 2012, 09:09:28 pm »

Can anyone provide me with a TL;DR update? I was out away from internets for a week.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1342 on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:52 pm »

Hey ghaz, your post starts off by answering a question that wasn't said out loud, so.. you should look into that.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »

In case anyone is wondering where I got the evidence from, Rakon sent it to me by boat.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 08, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »

Uhm Weasel i dont see a problem with what i wrote...could you elaborate maybe im just a bit blind :P

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1345 on: October 08, 2012, 05:50:23 pm »

Uhm Weasel i dont see a problem with what i wrote...could you elaborate maybe im just a bit blind :P

Your very first line of dialogue, is in response to something tiriun said in his head, since it has no quotes around it and isn't colored green.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:53:14 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:32 am »

...man, what?

Has the civil war been averted?

Dammit. I guess there's still SORCERERS to hunt.

On a more serious note, I, uh, may not have been paying as much attention to the thread as I should've. As such, I may have missed any actions targeted at Jitpau/the priesthood.

Not the bridge thing. Jitpau was not available for the bridge meeting. He was bumbling around Richard's camp getting lost.

Long Live United Forenia!

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 09, 2012, 09:06:58 am »

In case anyone is wondering where I got the evidence from, Rakon sent it to me by boat.

Just assume I made it public.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 09, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »

...man, what?

Has the civil war been averted?

Dammit. I guess there's still SORCERERS to hunt.

On a more serious note, I, uh, may not have been paying as much attention to the thread as I should've. As such, I may have missed any actions targeted at Jitpau/the priesthood.

Not the bridge thing. Jitpau was not available for the bridge meeting. He was bumbling around Richard's camp getting lost.

Nothing specific, except that Talinth may be off to visit the Liodnyans.  I'll send you the necessary info.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 09, 2012, 04:30:56 pm »

Guys, its not just me and shoot in the council room, go ahead and speak up if you want.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 111