Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92356 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #1215 on: September 13, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »

Just confirming something; it is assumed we all paid the 15% on royal taxes for our starting gold, nay?
Nay, we start with what is listed (as nobles) on the list. The royal tax comes at the end of winter, sire.

So that means subtract in advance to be sure.  :P

I am refering to the royal taxes having been paid in the year prior to the game's beginning, effectively reducing the amount of gold us nobles started with by 15%.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: September 14, 2012, 12:02:09 am »

Iirc, I recall us starting with our full wage without tax at game start.

Edit: Did I go too far in my conversation with Trent?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:27:01 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: September 14, 2012, 01:07:28 am »

Extremely important question: Are there any regiments directly within the castle?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 14, 2012, 04:35:51 am »

FYI people, all regiments are trained up. The kingdom and its nobles have all of their troops recruited in srpinfg now ready to use. Look up the goddamn spreadsheet and note, you can use your soldiers now. So don't fret about it in IC.

tl;dr: your soldiers are in your castle, yes. You can use them now.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 14, 2012, 05:40:02 am »

I still need a reply from Aveline, somebody please help.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 14, 2012, 05:42:14 am »

Oh well, I phrased that wrong. I mean in Stormstead. Eh, stupid question anyway.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 14, 2012, 05:47:19 am »

If anything, there are my people in the castle, plus allied levies gathering up around the city. We are secure for now.

Kestrel, bear with me there. If anything, someone will take over Aveline soon. As you might have noticed, Iituem and Shoot are rather busy now, and I can't make any decisions myself (i'm not a GM).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: September 14, 2012, 07:39:43 pm »

Should I still talk to the two major lords in Northwatch who withheld their forces during the Cold Drake Hunt or begin with my goals in the fight for the realm instead? The former lets me at least fix a few things before rallying the populace...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 14, 2012, 07:52:00 pm »

Tired.  Doing rolls now, including Aveline and Northwatch.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 14, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »

You can delay mine for later on when you feel better, I'm happy with the wait.  :)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 14, 2012, 08:21:16 pm »

If anything, there are my people in the castle, plus allied levies gathering up around the city. We are secure for now.

Kestrel, bear with me there. If anything, someone will take over Aveline soon. As you might have noticed, Iituem and Shoot are rather busy now, and I can't make any decisions myself (i'm not a GM).

Actually, you are effectively King.  Any matters that are not in your direct self-interest or directly affect you, you can roll for.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1226 on: September 14, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »

What should I do about the king's illness? I was in the middle of a conversation with him...

And also, what kind of stats would my boat have, in case I decide to fight the slavers by Arborvent?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: September 15, 2012, 01:31:21 am »

What should I do about the king's illness? I was in the middle of a conversation with him...

And also, what kind of stats would my boat have, in case I decide to fight the slavers by Arborvent?

The king considered your words carefully and said that he might have work for you, but that you were to come back in three days' time and speak to him again.  During that time, he was taken with illness.  You are free to talk to the Regent though, or even to head to Altaregia by ship and throw your lot in with the Prince.

Basic transport capacity of 1 regiment and 1 str in a ship fight (but ship fights are added to by marine units or ranged units).  Ship-to-ship combat might need reworking.

So, if you wanted to get into naval combat, hauling archers or marines onto the ship would work well.  Or, of course, you could use your ship to ferry troops in the current crisis.  You could technically blockade the port, at that.

I believe Osir is the only man with marine troops at present, mind.  On the other hand, since there isn't a Royal Navy... you are in a unique strategic position regarding the civil war.

Edit: Regarding Trent raising a 'common' levy.  That isn't a normal game mechanic.  I decided that there was a secret mechanical benefit to his becoming a Trollslayer, which was attaining Popular Hero status.  Tiakath might benefit similarly, but not in the exact same way.  If a situation arises, it may spontaneously generate a benefit.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 15, 2012, 02:53:17 am »

Despite this being a political/national crisis, I'm enjoying myslef more than before.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: September 15, 2012, 05:27:27 am »

Guys, I'm at a sort of dilemma. Tiakath is no fun anymore, and I want to start a new character. But I feel like I will just screw everyone over by doing it. Do you guys think it is okay?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 111