Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92141 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #585 on: August 06, 2012, 01:41:09 am »

They're technically monsters so who knows? 50 years in the least, if they ever actually die from old age.  I assume they're either killed for the rights to mate withe matriarch and the matriarch is killed or banished when she becomes to old to produce offspring, but still we have no idea how long that is.  They're hunters though so they can't have pups that stay pups for long.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 06, 2012, 01:42:14 am »

Going from the natural lifespan of normal wolves and other predatory quadrupeds, I'd say a lifespan of 30-50 is not out of the question, barring combat, disease and lack of food.

Also, Shoot: can I write up some lore for the Haegar?

Ninja'd.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 06, 2012, 01:49:49 am »

Wolves reach sexual maturity between 2-3 years of age.  A worg might reach full size (i.e. about the size of a horse) in 4?  Say your whelp is about 6 months, he still sort of looks like a big dog.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #588 on: August 06, 2012, 01:52:13 am »

I'd suggest taking an older one and spending whatever points you may need, it'd be weird to be an adult with a worg puppy, much cooler to have a worg companion you've had since you were a child.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 06, 2012, 01:59:49 am »

I'd suggest taking an older one and spending whatever points you may need, it'd be weird to be an adult with a worg puppy, much cooler to have a worg companion you've had since you were a child.
Yeah, that was my idea and the reason I was asking about size, age and maturity. Childhood friend makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:14:38 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 06, 2012, 06:08:57 am »

oh shit there you away a few days and suddenly everything has 20 pages more XP

ok managed to sift through all that stuff Oo
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:33:13 am by Ghazkull »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 06, 2012, 11:26:09 am »

I'm going to do the open courts for Micelus and Ghazkull today.

The worg thing: it depends on how you want to use it.
If it is only for fluff then you do not have to spend points on it, but you will never be able to use it in fights or any action whatsoever.
If you want it as a mount then that counts as if it was only for fluff - individual horses don't cost anything, either. Some Haegars have been known to use worgs like mounts.
If you want to use him as a bodyguard/mount kind of thing then it costs one point. It will be able to seriously help you in fights (allowing you to fight two on one) but it might die eventually.

Anyone can write lore about anything, as long as it does not contradict previously written lore.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 06, 2012, 12:25:53 pm »

On an entirely unrelated note.

How would folks feel if I provided NPC priest services to all and sundry. Ie Oracles, Mages, Doctors, Historians- priestly things.

Given the pretty clear ruling with regards to the existence of magic, the effectiveness of such services may be in question. No reason not to have them, though.
Also it would give me something to do besides slowly convincing the king to raise the entire kingdom in a continent-spanning crusade.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 06, 2012, 12:27:42 pm »

So you would like to gm for the Holy Church?

Sure, if nobody's got a problem with that, you can.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 06, 2012, 12:44:03 pm »

If you want to use him as a bodyguard/mount kind of thing then it costs one point. It will be able to seriously help you in fights (allowing you to fight two on one) but it might die eventually.
Well, if it raises my character's hp to, let's say, 6/6, how would damage be distributed? Could it alternate so damage would go first to the worg then to the character, since when fighting together they expose themselves around? That way, the worg would only die when my character's+worg hp reached 1.

Also, sheet.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 01:06:29 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 06, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

One problem - how did slaves rise to being knights?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 06, 2012, 12:56:03 pm »

I'll have to explain things better. Let me write it clearer.
>Yes?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 06, 2012, 01:08:39 pm »

Ah, because might makes right.  That works.  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 06, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »

Works. You got any plans for this character?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 06, 2012, 01:23:50 pm »

Works. You got any plans for this character?
His family is moving towards even deeper problems than they usually face, so Talinth wants to offer his services to a noble, preferentially the king or the Marquis of Northwatch (closer to his lands) and get his house free from the "middlemen" family. He wants to spread his family's business as well, amassing enough gold to get forges in cities of the kingdom.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111