Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92126 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #510 on: August 03, 2012, 09:49:13 am »

Dwarmin, when will you post the meeting with me and Aveline?

Yeah, I was going to combine it with taking your job at the Iron Hound. :P

I should have made that clearer...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 03, 2012, 10:51:39 am »

Further court posts will be dealt with later, after I've tidied up and had some food, but I needed to do Tiruin's to get that NPC in.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 03, 2012, 10:59:25 am »

Further court posts will be dealt with later, after I've tidied up and had some food, but I needed to do Tiruin's to get that NPC in.

Excuse me if they are included in said court posts, but I have two actions pending. No hurry though, just a reminder since I may have been accidentally skipped.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02:08 am »

Dwarmin, I think you still skipped me over
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2012, 11:16:25 am »

Dwarmin, I think you still skipped me over

Honestly, if you guys don't BOLD YOUR ACTIONS, I'm not going to see them. When I skim over replies, I'm looking for bold text, actions, I will have to respond to. Otherwise, don't expect a snappy answer. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »

Well no-one else bolds their conversations with you
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2012, 12:27:02 pm »

Actions not conversations Deny :P

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2012, 12:30:17 pm »

But what he skipped over was an in-game conversation, so :P
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 03, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »

Windheath's court rolls will need their own post.  Not that the king doesn't have enough on his plate right now, of course.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 03, 2012, 04:10:55 pm »

Thanks so much Iituem!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 03, 2012, 05:06:17 pm »

The Countess makes the perfunctory etiquette to leave the table, then departs immediately.  You think you can hear her start to cry as the door closes.

Task Successfully Completed!

Hilarious :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2012, 05:37:55 pm »

So, proposed new system.  We'd keep track using the same spreadsheet as for taxes and so on, different tab.

Unrest

Drawing off the old unrest system from YaK2, unrest is event-based.  Different events and actions raise and lower unrest in a region, usually as a result of the lord's actions.  For example, failing to deal with the worg threat would have raised common unrest in War's End, whereas eliminating it has lowered noble unrest.  Marrying a local noble, whilst not gaining you land and maybe a smaller dowry than a foreign noble, improves noble loyalty in the region.  Building public baths doesn't net you any fiscal return, but raises urban loyalty instead.

There are three different types of unrest; Common, Noble and Urban.  Urban unrest only applies to cities, not forts, but each represents the level of unrest (and loyalty) of different classes.  Certain events or conditions may also raise and lower general unrest, such as an excellent or bad harvest and the dreaded worgrise (if worgrise happens, you have much bigger problems).

If the total unrest reaches 5 or above, a class will either revolt or stop paying taxes.  Note that you can have noble unrest of 5 and common unrest of -2 (the people love you), preventing a revolt.  If any specific unrest reaches 10, though, that class will revolt anyway.  Don't think you can tread on the commons just because the townsfolk and nobles love you.

Why have this system?

It allows for consequences to player actions beyond simple money and arms.  Doing good things for your people might well be expensive and have little direct benefit, but it permanently increases their loyalty/lowers unrest.  Which is good if you want to then have a buffer for screwing over some other class (make the commons happy, then start eroding the rights of the nobility...).

Anyhow.  That's my proposal, what do we think?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »

Since I suggested few things to Iituem about this, I'm obviously in favour.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2012, 05:50:43 pm »

Yes. Absolutely. It fits in with other ideas I had to make bigger nations harder to hold together. Though I would probably force players to keep track of it in their own holdings.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 03, 2012, 05:57:02 pm »

Here we go, then.  This is the same sheet as for taxes, but check the third tab along for current unrest levels.  Most things are currently neutral right now, but if things exceed the unrest limit the rightmost column will flip to 'Revolt!' and the midden will hit the windmill.  Some regions start with bonuses because of court actions.

Speaking of which, I'd better get started on Dwarmin's court.  It's only been, what, a day?  =D

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 111