Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92112 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #465 on: August 02, 2012, 12:47:56 pm »

Alright.  You hold court and petitioners arrive.  There's some scenarios to play with, some of which might require you to interact with the other nobles to resolve.  Should give you a little something to work with.  =D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #466 on: August 02, 2012, 12:56:45 pm »

My woods don't have fine lumber, forests and mountains can only have 1 type of resource.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: August 02, 2012, 12:57:12 pm »

If you buy and upgrade stuff like Weasel did, I suggest (read: order you to) noting your holdings in the characters thread. It would help me alot.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: August 02, 2012, 01:02:07 pm »

My woods don't have fine lumber, forests and mountains can only have 1 type of resource.

This is true.  Allow me to confer with Shoot on this.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: August 02, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »

Fixed.  Now they're offering to set up latifundia to regenerate the marginal land by the forest.  It still uses massive amounts of slaves and requires them to buy out the nearby peasants, but if you succeed it'll grant a permanent increase to the number of parcels you have.

Also, lore thread for collating little bits of lore like the meaning of the word 'Saer'.

Edit to avoid triple-posting:

I'd like to propose a slight change to one of the tactic types, "Feign Retreat".  Instead of or in addition to its current roll of assisting "Split the Enemy", it allows you to switch from being the defender to attacker or vice versa on the next round.  The idea is that it either lures the enemy into a trap where your defensive abilities can come into play, or it exposes their own weak sides so your attackers can use their abilities effectively.  The attacker/defender rolls reset the next round of combat unless the situation changes or another Feign Retreat is achieved.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:27:35 pm by Iituem »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 02, 2012, 03:50:06 pm »

[...]
The merchants desire your political assistance; if you can get three trade routes of a specific resource set up to Stormstead, Windheath will be able to trade that resource on an international scale.

KoTW, we currently have two trade routes of pelts heading to Stormstead [me and you], one of Gems [Taricus].

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: August 02, 2012, 03:56:47 pm »

[...]
The merchants desire your political assistance; if you can get three trade routes of a specific resource set up to Stormstead, Windheath will be able to trade that resource on an international scale.

KoTW, we currently have two trade routes of pelts heading to Stormstead [me and you], one of Gems [Taricus].

We'd need 3 pelts, that's how trade routes work.  Also my guy hates slavery, he's not gonna encourage it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: August 02, 2012, 03:59:10 pm »

Also my guy hates slavery, he's not gonna encourage it.
SHUN THE ALTAN!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: August 02, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »

We'd need 3 pelts, that's how trade routes work.  Also my guy hates slavery, he's not gonna encourage it.

Yep, just notifying you of how many trade routes you need. :3

Also, it is possible to train under two teachers if you've no skill in a certain skill, right? Like Logistics under Richard, and Weapon aptitude personally?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: August 02, 2012, 04:18:02 pm »

Also my guy hates slavery, he's not gonna encourage it.
SHUN THE ALTAN!

I'm Eldanic and Adranic, I was basically, if not, a slave until I was 13/14.

Also I don't need those routes since i'm not getting slaves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: August 02, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »

Well, then the third pelt route is up for sale!

And if we accomplish that, King Albert can import something that would benefit the realm greatly!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 02, 2012, 04:20:20 pm »

As if Albert would work  :P

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 02, 2012, 04:20:28 pm »

Well, then the third pelt route is up for sale!

And if we accomplish that, King Albert can import something that would benefit the realm greatly!

Horses or HQ wood.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 02, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

So, let's deal with this nasty little boggart.  Bear in mind this is a suggestion and needs GM approval to be counted as valid.

Adranic Rules of Succession, or Agnatic-Cognatic Succession

Polygamy makes rules of inheritance tricky, so here's how it works in Adranic society in order of precedence.
  • Male heirs inherit over female heirs.
  • Primogeniture is in effect: Firstborn sons inherit over secondborn. (i)
  • If there are no heirs, the Prime or first spouse inherits the property of their spouse. (ii)
And some caveats.
  • (i) The eldest legitimate child inherits, regardless of which spouse they are produced from, be it first wife or third.  Children inherit directly from their parents.
  • (ii) The deceased spouse does not have to be the Prime of the receiving spouse, the recipient needs only have been the Prime of the deceased. (iii)
  • (iii) There is a legal obligation for the Prime spouse, if they inherit, to take care of any fully widowed spouses of their former spouse.  If they fail in this (can be as simple as providing a roof and food), they can be taken to court for neglect.

Worked Example
  • Albert is married to Alice, Beatrice and Claire, in that order.
  • Alice is married to Albert, Bob and Clive, in that order.
  • Bob is married to Danielle, Alice and Erica, in that order.
  • Clive is only married to Alice.
  • Beatrice is only married to Albert.
  • Claire is only married to Albert.
  • Erica is only married to Bob.
  • Albert has two sons with Claire and Alice, in that order.
  • Alice has a daughter with Bob, a son with Albert and a son with Clive.
  • Erica dies.  Because Bob is her Prime, even though she is his Third, Bob inherits all of her stuff.
  • Claire dies.  Her son inherits rather than Albert.
  • Claire's son dies.  Albert inherits, being the closest direct kin (over Claire's son's half-brother).
  • Alice murders her son with Albert (forcing Albert to inherit because male next-of-kin) and then murders Albert, fully inheriting everything from him.  Because Beatrice is now a full widow, Alice is required to support her.  Alice gets away with the murders.
  • Alice dies from karma.  Her son with Clive inherits, even though her daughter with Bob is older.  Beatrice is left to the wolves.
  • Clive's son dies, so Clive inherits everything from him.
  • Bob dies, leaving everything to his daughter.  Danielle depends upon her daughter-in-law's charity to survive.
  • Clive marries Danielle, having no children.
  • Clive dies, Danielle inherits.  Danielle dies, but her old marriage to Bob's daughter is enough to let her inherit - in some cases the state might just seize everything.
  • Bob's daughter with Alice inherits everything.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:45:49 pm by Iituem »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 02, 2012, 05:10:40 pm »

Two social standards, additionally:

-One to five spouses is socially acceptable. More is a little decadent.
-In a marriage, only the highest ranked individual can be polygamous. Example: If a comte marries a baronness, then the comte can marry other women, but the baronness cannot have more husbands. This is to avoid having indiviuals with more than one household. If two nobles marry and have the same rank, the male is considered the highest ranked.

E: Ardas, with training time you only have one unupgraded regiment. You don't have any more troops than anyone else.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:49:25 pm by Shootandrun »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111