Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92084 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2012, 03:51:11 am »

I'm not sure Shoot or CG approved that sheet yet. Or that we don't know about it.  :P [/I jest]

Also, if you'd meet Renart soon, make sure you be detailed on your cause and who sent you. From what I know, he suffers from short-term memory.  :P

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 01, 2012, 03:52:43 am »

I'm not sure Shoot or CG approved that sheet yet. Or that we don't know about it.  :P [/I jest]

I believe why he put me on a trial run, was that the job of an Assassin might be boring, because of a lack of PC traitors... yet.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2012, 06:49:56 am »

So.

About this YAK thing.

A man finds himself- not recovered, but focused enough to put some words to paper. Screen. Post. Whatever.
Capable of getting some writing done. Some roleplaying. Some backstabbing and bartering and whatnot.
Finds himself itching to do so.

The point- the overly long-winded point- is.

What does the game need? Warriors? Priests? Diplomats? Flamboyant artists? I care not for the role I play, so I might as well improve the health of the game by filling some as-yet unfilled shoes.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 01, 2012, 07:17:51 am »

Hey Nuke, long time no see.

I would not mind seeing you back in game, but only if your presence he will be regular. You are a veteran, you know how things run and how they go. We had few changes, and we are much more focused on one country and its internal politics, but assasins, spies and hedgeknights are welcome and needed. We are rather short on errand runners.

get you char up in here and shoot and CG will judge it. I hope that all the bad blood from last time is gone by now.
They will also say what roles you could play. All scientists, mages and artists are gone though, they were seen as uneccesary.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:21:26 am by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 01, 2012, 07:49:20 am »

What, no artists? Bah, for shame! Uncultured swine!

Heh heh heh.

Yeah, I'd spotted that. Probably for the best. I read through the first few posts of the thread- and seeing as how I was the one that wrote them, I spotted the differences quite easily.

With regards to the consistency of my presence- well, I can only promise to try, and give some more- or, indeed, any- warning before I collapse into another self-pitying fit of depression.

Heh heh heh.

Anyway. Errand running Hedge-knights? Not the most exciting of characters- but someone has to act on the fiendish plans of the politicians, I suppose.
Very well.

"A knight's place is on the battlefield. Failing that, it is by the right hand of their liege, doing their bidding without question or hesitation."

So who's in the market for an errand-running hedge-knight?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 01, 2012, 07:56:11 am »

There is one fella, Deny, the rest are prancing around in cloacks with daggers. Oh, and there is also filex. but don't pay attention to him. :P

as for who may need errand runners, check with dukes of the kingdom.

Another thing, we are on a new channel in IRC: #YaK3. things get done much quicker when everyone is on.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:02:05 am by Ardas »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:32 am »

We have nobody on the priesting department yet. And our pantheon is not defined. If that interests you, here are some details about our religion:
-It's very much against other religions in general
-The Holy texts are in a long forgotten language, so no one is quite sure what they're about. This lead to the religion dividing itself in three.
-Our branch allows polygamy (for males, females and, probably, priests) and slavery.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 01, 2012, 08:28:21 am »

So who's in the market for an errand-running hedge-knight?

>Be brothel enforcer
>Break legs of Ralkarians
>???
>Profit
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 01, 2012, 08:39:04 am »

Tiruin, travels take no rolls, you're at Northwatch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 01, 2012, 09:05:29 am »

Yep on the travels, I post that up just in case anyone wanted to have a last talk with me, like kingfisher's character for one.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:27 am »

I have a feeling if I get found out, I'd be more screwed than the Inner Sphere in 3050

And anyone know any good bard song to sing? Maybe a Medievalised Magic Carpet Ride?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:30 pm »

Could you roll my action, since it seems fun to ignore me
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:00 pm »

If you have an outstanding roll that needs doing (which I'm not involved in as a character), post here.  I'll do a spot of relief GMing.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 01, 2012, 03:40:32 pm »

Could you roll my action, since it seems fun to ignore me

I can't find it, Fil. Where is it?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 01, 2012, 03:58:29 pm »

Option One:

Hedge knight errand runner: Bradwr the Forgotten.
The third son of a some minor lord, Bradwr was raised from birth to be a warrior and a servant. He served as his uncle's squire, then as a knight for his uncle's liege, then as an assistant to a friend of his uncle's liege, then as a knight to a vassal of a friend of his uncle's liege.
Around this point, he started to lose track.
A few years- and several dozen transfers of vassalage- later, and Bradwr found himself in the employ of a senile old fool, lord of some huge- but ruined- castle miles away from proper civilization. The senile old fool in question had neither family nor friends to inherit his lands and titles, nor were many interested in claiming them.
Bradwr spent many a dreary day lounging in the ruins of once-great halls, hoping his liege might finally grow tired of his presence and send him to some long-forgotten relative. But this day would never come, and when the old man finally died in bed, his servants gathered and realized that they had all been Forgotten, along with the old man and his castle. With no other options, they split the old man's remaining coin between them, and went their separate ways, some to live as freemen, some to seek a new liege, whose service might offer a bit more excitement.

Sounds plausible enough, doesn't it? Yeah. Happens all the time. Where'd you say that castle was? Ah, you're right. It doesn't matter. You know, I could use a knight with your experience.

Option Two:

(Monk type fellah) Grand Reader: Servus Kninh

Many have tried to make sense of the old texts. Many have gone mad doing so. Those who are not reduced to gibbering lumps might gain some insight into the nature of the faith, and some authority amongst its practitioners.
Servus Kninh is one such person. Many a year he spent poring over the old texts, many a year he spent travelling to long-forgotten cities, digging through old libraries and tracking down the scraps of older books to trace the evolution of language. Many a year he spent in silent meditation in quiet monasteries. Finally, after decades of research, he claims to have produced an accurate translation of a passage which has been cause of much strife between the branches of the faith. He emerges from his monastery, eager to end the centuries of religious strife which have plagued the world.
Unfortunately, his conclusion runs somewhat contrary to the teachings of not just Eldanic and Altanic branches of the faith, but also those of the Adranic priesthood.
His fellow priests may respect him and his years of patient research- but preaching heresy will erode such respect with remarkable speed.

He goes forth upon the world now, seeking not musty tomes or quiet monastaries- but noblemen seeking a wise man for their council. Employing a Grand Reader is a mark of some status amongst the faithful- not to mention the practical value that their years of study may yield. And once in a nobleman's court, the seeds of a righteous crusade can be planted- a righteous crusade that could once and for all end centuries of pointless bloodshed.

Arright. Which one should I go with? (or should I come up with something completely different?)

I'll create a proper list thingy and such once I know for sure which it'll be.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111