Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 91989 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:19 am »

So, businesses are different now.
They have three levels, each level providing +0,5d/season - meaning a level 3 businesses gets you 1,5d/season or 6d/year. It costs 3d to make a business or to upgrade it - meaning a level 3 business cost 9 and gets you 6d/year, so it'll get your profits after a year and a half. They no longer produce resources unless a businessman gets the authorization of a noble to take resources from their lands - in that case, the noble gets a free trade route and the businessman can make his business.

A businessman can own up to two businesses (if they're both level 3, that gives him a higher income than Ardas, who is the kingdom's richest duc, so it's not like they'll be poor). Someone cannot own land and businesses at the same time, since having land makes creating businesses too easy.

It's up to Dwarmin to decide what's the business tax. I suppose it'll be similar to the nobility tax (15%) but that's up to him.

What this means: Yoink, you can start with a level 1 business. A brothel, in your case.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2012, 10:40:09 am »

((Just reserving a spot if possible for later use( in other words when i'm finished with my exams). I hope Dragor doesn't mind my family relationship with the Blackshields...if yes i will remove it...))

Player: Ghazkull
Position: Lord of the Pact, Keeper of the Crown
Full Name: Harald Stonewood
Bio:
"Like apples from a tree"-Motto of House Stonewood

House Stonewood has been tending to the Pact and the Crown...actually nobody knows since when. There had always been a Stonewood in the Pact and Harald only being the last of an illustrous line of Lords and Ducs. As one of the main producers of Gems, House Stonewood could have been considered rich if not for the War of the Hounds. While not stripped of Titles and lands( as the Stonewoods ability to find gems in the Crown was considered to valuable), they had to pay enormous sums of reperation fees to the rest of the Kingdom, which drove them into poverty.

Harald himself has always been to "straight-forward" for his father. Although he doesn't lack the apparent inherent abilities of his family his father had always joked that this must be the Blackshield blood(from his mother) in him that made him more of a soldier than anything else. Harald had come to power under rather tragic circumstances. After the almost eradication of the Blackshields, his mother had commited suicide, driving his father into a deep depression and retirement. With 20 years Harald is pretty young for such a position as the Lord of Stonewood, but his father had him well prepared and Harald is willing enough to restore the wealth of his House.

Traits:

Stonewood Blood: doubles the Income   ((i hope that's not OP))

A Trickle of the Grim Shield: +1 on Defending
A trickle of Blackshield-Blood courses through this mans veins

Economic Warrior: +1 on Attacking
It's all about the Aggressive Expansion.

Landed nobility costs one trait, twice the income is ridiculously OP. If you keep the last two traits, you can change them to +2 on defense/attack.
Also: you'll have only seven parcels instead of eight, cause that's all that's left.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:56 am »

((Just reserving a spot if possible for later use( in other words when i'm finished with my exams). I hope Dragor doesn't mind my family relationship with the Blackshields...if yes i will remove it...))

Bio:

House Stonewood has been tending to the Pact and the Crown...actually nobody knows since when. There had always been a Stonewood in the Pact and Harald only being the last of an illustrous line of Lords and Ducs. As one of the main producers of Gems, House Stonewood could have been considered rich if not for the War of the Hounds. While not stripped of Titles and lands( as the Stonewoods ability to find gems in the Crown was considered to valuable), they had to pay enormous sums of reperation fees to the rest of the Kingdom, which drove them into poverty.

Harald himself has always been to "straight-forward" for his father. Although he doesn't lack the apparent inherent abilities of his family his father had always joked that this must be the Blackshield blood(from his mother) in him that made him more of a soldier than anything else. Harald had come to power under rather tragic circumstances. After the almost eradication of the Blackshields, his mother had commited suicide, driving his father into a deep depression and retirement. With 20 years Harald is pretty young for such a position as the Lord of Stonewood, but his father had him well prepared and Harald is willing enough to restore the wealth of his House.

Traits:

Stonewood Blood: doubles the Income   ((i hope that's not OP))

A Trickle of the Grim Shield: +1 on Defending

Economic Warrior: +1 on Attacking

Landed nobility costs one trait, twice the income is ridiculously OP. If you keep the last two traits, you can change them to +2 on defense/attack.
Also: you'll have only seven parcels instead of eight, cause that's all that's left.

I do also not mind that you're related to my character.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2012, 10:53:36 am »

Player: Child of Armok
Position: General
Full name: Leandros Aeragionin
Bio: Leandros grew up in the Capital, while he was forgotten by his parents.
He grew up in the rough streets and hardend.
When he was 16 he joined the Imperial Army, where he quicly impressed the Trainer, so he was quicly promoted to sergeant.
After that his career only grew, but the High leader's of the army had doubts because of his harsh and mysterious way's

Traits:
Army nobility:He has influence in the high paces of the army and know how to fight a battle.
Nobility +1

Feared fighter: he has skill in the sword and is feared, most because of his mysteryious and harsh way's.
Fighting +1
Fame and fear for him +1
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:03:16 am by Child of Armok »

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2012, 11:04:54 am »

Player: Child of Armok
Position: General
Full name: Leandros Aeragionin
Bio: Leandros grew up in the Capital, while he was forgotten by his parents.
He grew up in the rough streets and hardend.
When he was 16 he joined the Imperial Army, where he quicly impressed the Trainer, so he was quicly promoted to sergeant.
After that his career only grew, but the High leader's of the army had doubts because of his harsh and mysterious way's

Traits:
Army nobility:He has influence in the high paces of the army and know how to fight a battle.
Nobility +1

Feared fighter: he has skill in the sword and is feared, most because of his mysteryious and harsh way's.
Fighting +1
Fame and fear for him +1

I don't understand your traits.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:08 am »

He's a noble in the army: a general. oke?
he's a skilled swordsman.
And he's feared by soldiers, peasants, and other low-caste people.
Oke? :)

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2012, 11:14:40 am »

He's a noble in the army: a general. oke?
he's a skilled swordsman.
And he's feared by soldiers, peasants, and other low-caste people.
Oke? :)

That's not my point. The bonusses are not really make sense.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2012, 11:18:14 am »

He's a noble

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2012, 11:24:10 am »

He's a noble

Oh, really?
HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE AS STREET ORPHAN.
Also, that's not my point anyway.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 11:25:41 am by Dragor23 »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2012, 11:29:05 am »

Bio and traits make no sense. He was forgotten by his parents, because, you know, babies are kinda easy to just leave lying around then forget about. He became a street orphan, then joined the Imperial Army - too bad there is no empire in the game. He then proceeded to become a general AND a noble, despite the fact that you have to be a noble to become a general and not the opposite. He did that without a single skill as a commander, and with "strange and mysterious ways".

You'll need to rewrite that completely. Read the first posts of the IC thread, learn about the game world and the player kingdom, then write something that makes some sense.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2012, 12:16:56 pm »

Bio:

Traits:

Stonewood Blood: Inheritor of the Pact and teh Stonewood Holdings

A Trickle of the Grim Shield: +2 on Defending

Economic Warrior: +2 on Attacking

Is that legit or did i misunderstand the thing with the two traits?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2012, 12:46:32 pm »

Oh goody, I'll post my sheet tomorr-- Err, later today. Assuming I live that long IRL! :-\ Damned driving lessons...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2012, 01:21:43 pm »

I want a tournament.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2012, 01:23:02 pm »

Sorry but I'm trying to introduce myself to everyone ( at the coronation) but I'm not getting much reply from the prince lol

I hope the feast doesn't end before I can properly thank the king....My computer goofed up the intro for that.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2012, 01:28:04 pm »

Sorry but I'm trying to introduce myself to everyone ( at the coronation) but I'm not getting much reply from the prince lol

I hope the feast doesn't end before I can properly thank the king....My computer goofed up the intro for that.

I missed your post. I'll add my reply in a few minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 111