Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92226 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #960 on: August 27, 2012, 11:05:09 am »

Will do other posts + Inquisition reply later tonight.  Shoot, is there any chance you could roll for Esmerelda and Fust please?  Doesn't need to be a long post, essentially looking for a 'yes' or 'no' to determine what course of action my character takes from here.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2012, 11:23:12 am »

Done. If you want I can also do some of your rolls for you. I don't want my co-GM to overwork himself.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2012, 03:00:42 pm »

I'm going to fabulous. Just need a dragonbone sword and a fully matured dragon mount and I'm good to go.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:52 pm »

Anyone realized the Bravos are awfully suspicious? I mean, aside from their previous behaviour, it seems they tortured a guy until he confessed being the burglar. Shit is so going down.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2012, 04:12:41 pm »

Kytuzian: What are your plans for your character? Although I am not absolutely sure that this is necessary, since with YaK 3's emphasis on politics and court intrigue a courtier would have plenty of things to do, your starting position seems... Suspiciously isolated.

Although a solo quest will happen from time to time and the GMs are alright with that, we try in this game to keep the players in a relatively limited space (aka the kingdom) so they'll eventually have to bump into each others eventually. YaK 2 had the problem that there was basically no limitations on where the players could go, and the result was a dozen solo quests while three people (Ardas, Taricus and I) were the only ones really interacting, and Taricus barely. We don't want any more 'singleplayer campaigns' in this one.

My idea was to leave my troops and anything else extra I had behind, but actually go into the city myself. Seeing as the king probably wouldn't take too kindly to someone marching straight into the capital with a regiment behind them.

EDIT: Actually, it might be interesting to have some who's actually loyal, without an ulterior motive for once.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:18:25 pm by kytuzian »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 27, 2012, 06:11:40 pm »

Psst.  Touchstone.  It's a sort of device you use to determine the purity of various precious metals.  It's on the House crest, along with a sunburst and a pen.  And maybe some other stuff, I haven't decided yet.

EDIT: Actually, it might be interesting to have some who's actually loyal, without an ulterior motive for once.

It would be bloody brilliant, actually.  Backstabbers are ten a penny, loyal courtiers are rarer than diamonds.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #966 on: August 27, 2012, 06:24:09 pm »

It would be bloody brilliant, actually.  Backstabbers are ten a penny, loyal courtiers are rarer than diamonds.

In that case,
Player: Kytuzian
Position: Courtier
Full name: Anakyrto Vlepo O Athiktos
Bio: Anakyrto is from Ralkarian. Seeking a new life, his desire to accomplish soemthing and the lack of general honesty and chivalry of his old homeland, Anakyrto left to travel the world. Before he did, he withdrew
all his money, used some of it to purchase a ship and crew. Over the months he was traveling with them, the crew and Anakyrto grew closer, and no longer followed him just because of money. Loyal, however, would be a
strech.

He arrived in Windheath because he had heard of the new king, and that was always a unique oppurtunity to change how a kingdom is run. Idealy, he would be able to gain a small piece of land, large enough for a
manor, but not too big, because his main concern was to be of the king and his loyalists. Long term, he hoped to become close enough to the king to advise him on all matters, and generally work the kingdom to a
higher moral standard. Short term, he needs to gain an audience with the king, and a position in his court.

He is not bad at anything, but neither is he good at anything. Anakyrto spends most of his time reading books or talking to people, especially the more important and influential, as he can.

Anakyrto is 27, has dark brown, but not quite black, hair and fair, but lightly tanned skin, and green eyes. He stands about 5 feet 8 inches (157cm), and strong, but not as muscled as a warrior.

Traits or resources: 1 Boat, 1 Diplomacy (Charisma), 1 Ducat

And would it be possible for me to a priest/bodyguard of some sort?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: August 27, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »

To be or to have a priest/bodyguard?  Both are possible, though they will have minimal game effects if you have an NPC companion who does that.  If you want to be a bodyguard, just find a landed noble and swear service to him.  If you want to be a priest, it's a little more complicated.

You either need to be a Ralkarian priest (almost nothing of the Ralkarian faiths has been written, save that there are a lot of them and the Ralkarians do not enforce any sort of state religion) or an Adranic priest, if you're going to be a priest.  Both are acceptable, but in either case you will want to read this post in the Lore Thread which describes Adranic religion (the religion of Windheath).

I have no problem with your character sheet; having the boat should prove interesting at least.  After you have approval from Shoot as well, add it to the Character Thread.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 27, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »

Approved, kytuzian.

From now on, people, I will use Richard mostly as a  (N)PC. Although he'll have plans of his own and I'll post his actions from time to time, I'll roll (behind the scenes, mind you... Wouldn't want to give any hints) for most of his decisions. I don't want to slowly become biased over time... And it should make things a little more interesting in court politics, if the mentioned rolls favor my diabolic plans.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: August 27, 2012, 07:40:04 pm »

Argh, sorry for my absence. Internet got cut off as a freak thunderstorm struck.

Rainy season and all...

Will return later on  :)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: August 27, 2012, 09:03:16 pm »

That's what my character is. No ulterior motives. Or doesn't he count?

and Shoot, I meant for a single conversation. Assassin turns up, talks, and leaves. That's it.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: August 28, 2012, 06:04:45 am »

in the interest of freeing up land for incoming players who want to play noble roles, I would like to review all those noble players that were inactive for some time now. It would be nice to know if they are still in or not, otherwise we follow a rule established at the start of the game and we redistribute the land of absent players to new ones.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: August 28, 2012, 06:23:39 am »

I'm in, just busy. Exams and stuff. I'll post, eventually, just not much till next week.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: August 28, 2012, 07:02:55 am »

you are fine micelus. I mean people like cript. I do not know whats up with them, but they haven't been very active nobles.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: August 28, 2012, 08:55:01 am »

you are fine micelus. I mean people like cript. I do not know whats up with them, but they haven't been very active nobles.

Maybe they were murdered.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111