Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 111

Author Topic: You are King III: OOC thread  (Read 92223 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: OOC thread
« Reply #930 on: August 23, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »

@Kestrel: But by wanting to do it, didn't you already miss an important point? :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 23, 2012, 11:07:29 pm »

Letters are instantaneous. I'm just waiting to know if those drakes have any worth.  :P

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 23, 2012, 11:50:14 pm »

@Kestrel: But by wanting to do it, didn't you already miss an important point? :P

Good point. Which YaK was this character in?

No matter, I shall kill the traitorous scum, and the Second Adranic Kingdom shall be born!
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 24, 2012, 12:41:51 am »

First one.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 24, 2012, 05:28:12 am »

All the best characters were in YaK... Till now

And who would handle Aveline's letter?

And a third question. We have an Assassin, two Spies, two knights, a monk and some nobles., so where is the thief that is the talk of everyone? I don't want just me as the only rumour provider...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 24, 2012, 06:14:14 am »

You saying my sexually-repressed white-haired and sheltered Elv mary-sue who only stayed around for a week wasn't considered amongst the best? /sarcasm.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 06:28:46 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 24, 2012, 06:25:49 am »

You saying my sexually-repressed white-haired and sheltered Elf mary-sue who only stayed around for a week wasn't considered amongst the best? /sarcasm.

Who the hell was that?/sarcasm counter

Maybe the drug guy in the Drifting Chemise will have a drug explosion. That'll be a hoot.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 25, 2012, 02:55:30 pm »

Letters, like non-tactical travel, are instantaneous.  Roleplay that an acceptable amount of time has passed, though (it takes a fast horse a week and a half to get from Stormstead to Northwatch if the horse is changed at every stop).  Strategic travel, e.g. getting a message there in time to stop an execution or cutting off an army's march at a bridge, depends on GMs and may need rolling.

Working on a carto-style map anyway, we should probably define distances at some point.

Back, doing rolls.  Will need either Shoot or Nuke to do whether Esmerelda accept's Fust's proposal*.  Up to you whether you do it purely by roll, by reason, or a mix of the two.

*Normally Nuke only does clergy rolls, but I think Shoot's still sick so I'd like him to do it because the King can't, if he feels neutral enough.

Edit:  If you get this before I do the roll, can adwarf please clarify: Did you want Darnell to run back on his own, with Ardella, or with Ardella and Talinth?

Edit 2: Micelus: Are you just after the fluff armour, or paying the 0.85d for heavy armour?

Edit 3:  For Nuke's consideration, how do we feel about the following for religion?  Effectively it makes the Inquisition more of internal policing for orthodoxy rather than full-out fire and the sword purges.

The Status of the Inquisition

The only permanent officers of the Inquisition are the High Inquisitors, of which there is one for each recognised Adranic kingdom.  They are appointed individually by the Adranic Council, who serve as something of a central body for determining religious orthodoxy (though their powers are looser than a fully centralised religious heirarchy).  High Inquisitors keep watch for potential heresies and investigate them, usually using their powers or influence to encourage secular authorities to curb religious unorthodoxy.  Quite often this can be as simple as pressuring a heretical priest to go live in a very distant monastery if they want to keep their head and livelihood.  If they need a more direct response, they may appoint Inquisitors from among the clergy to act as their agents.

The office of Inquisitor is usually a temporary one, appointed by one of the High Inquisitors for no more than three months.  By custom, High Inquisitors may not extend a single appointment for more than a season without approval from the Adranic Council or appoint more than a handful of Inquisitors at once.  Inquisitors are however responsible for rooting out perceived heresies and trying those responsible.  They generally have as much power as local secular authorities will allow them to have (in theory the High Inquisitor gives them as many freedoms as he sees fit, but in practice Inquisitors who act too above the law tend to fall foul of it) and this only tends to extend for as long as heresy is being investigated or rooted out.  Secular authorities do not like Inquisitions carrying on for longer than they need to and tend to hasten them to their end as quickly as possible.

Full blown Purges are extremely rare, and each time one has happened throughout Adranic history it has required direct approval by the Adranic Council.  During a Purge, the High Inquisitor may appoint as many Inquisitors as he needs and call upon local secular authorities to wipe out a perceived threat to orthodoxy.  This lasts until the threat is gone or the Council calls for its cessation.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:33:57 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #938 on: August 25, 2012, 06:04:58 pm »

Wondering if there's still space for another person?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 25, 2012, 06:06:14 pm »

i suppose so. What role do you want to play?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #940 on: August 25, 2012, 06:09:59 pm »

I was planning on making a minor noble from another land (not one on the map), who's trying to essentially play "puppet master", and control people without them realizing it.

Do you already have 10 of those?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:12:57 pm by kytuzian »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 25, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »

I don't know about either the "other land" thing. As for the puppet master, well, you will have to contend for that role with others IC!

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #942 on: August 25, 2012, 06:14:47 pm »

Well it wouldn't be any fun if I didn't.

I could change it to some place in Adranic, I suppose.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 25, 2012, 08:00:10 pm »

While I am not a GM, I do believe outlanders are vetoed. As far as has been established thus far, travel between the known world and other regions is either not known of or altogether impossible as far as the current means of transportation go.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 25, 2012, 08:05:39 pm »

Heavy armour, Iituem.

While I am not a GM, I do believe outlanders are vetoed. As far as has been established thus far, travel between the known world and other regions is either not known of or altogether impossible as far as the current means of transportation go.

Haegar outlander reporting for duty!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:09:43 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 111