Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131176 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Winter 937 AAL
« Reply #1410 on: November 12, 2012, 10:55:08 pm »

The drakefangs journey back to northwatch is uneventful. The tracks the group leaves is replacesd with a layer of fresh snowfalls periodically, rendering the tracks untracable from a certain distance.

Their return was similarly uneventful, before they headed towards the army camp after finding out the Marquis was not available at the castle from the gate guards. The reception the mercenaries got from the royal army was a mostly indifferent one.

Of course, the guards at Richard's tent were more observant and/or competant however, actually refusing the mercenaries entrance. However, a small bit of quck thinking, a distraction and some blunt force being applied to the guard's private parts Adrien peers his head into the tent. Seeing renart, Adrien's instict acts, with nary a thought to any of the other occupants of the tent.

"Ah, Marquis, I've got good news and bad news for you!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »

Leave the tavern and check the warehouse itself with Sahainn. Circle around, search for anything suspicious and then get into hiding, waiting for anything worthy of note to happen.

[3] It begins to sprinkle light, freezing rain that chills you to your marrow, your breath like smoke in the harsh winter air. Thunder rolls in the distance, a flash of light illuminating far, far into the cloudy horizon.

[2] The lights are on in the warehouse, dimmed by the black paint over the window, the light under the door is obviously muffled by a thick cloth set into the door jam and under it.

[2] You circle around it the best you can, and you can’t find anything of interest. The air is thick with anticipation of what’s to come, but it’s all quiet.

[4+1 vs. 5+1] When you cross a street, Worg at your side, a crossbow bolt rips into your shoulder, the barbed tip slicing through your armor and piercing your flesh. A numbed coolness begins to pulse through your arm, and your fingers lose feeling.

[4 vs. 3] A man drops from a nearby rooftop, blade drawn, and he throws a thin, broken, mechanism aside, without much care, the cheap wood shattering. His armor blends into the dark street, face hidden behind a mask that shows the image of a grinning, demonic beast.

He raises the tip of his blade to you, “Let’s talk.” his dark growl of a voice pratically commands.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:38:30 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: November 12, 2012, 11:47:21 pm »

"My apologies Sir. You do not shoot a man then ask for a handshake, unless you want to talk with metal." Talinth says before his gray eyes narrow and his teeth grit in concentration.

"And I may consider being a diplomat."

Fight.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:58:48 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: November 13, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

Renart was silent as Osir was brought in, staying quiet as Richard announced his sentence. His silence was only broken as a familiar face appeared soon after.

"Ah, Marquis, I've got good news and bad news for you!"

"The best two shades of news. Let's hear it." Renart said, beckoning the mercenary inside along with a casual nod to the Prince.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: November 13, 2012, 12:17:14 am »

Osir had barely entered the tent when the Prince, well king now, started giving him his terms. Yes, they were merciful terms, but also extremely political ones. Osir made a mental sigh, and nodded.

"You Conrichts are so...pragmatic, aren't you? Willing to forgive and forget, or crush and eradicate when ya need to. Well, I guess I shall swear fealty...your majesty." Osir bowed, and made a slight glance to Renart.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: November 13, 2012, 12:19:07 am »

Fight.

[6 vs. 1+1] The blade flies from his hand as you strike it, your Worg circling around the man. He sighs behind the mask, rolling his shoulders, eyeing you through the eye-slits.

[5+4 vs. 6] His fist lashes out, glancing against your armor, your hammer slamming hard into his chest, his breath turning into a wheeze as it catches in his throat. He staggers back, dodging the sudden lunge from the Worg with a low growl

[1+3 vs. 2+1 ] Then he’s up again, rushing towards you. His booted heel swings up and around, slamming hard against your hammer. You grunt, before slamming back against you with the haft of your weapon, forcing him off-balance to fall to the floor.

[6+3 vs. 6] He’s back on his feet, but you strike him hard across the face, sending him flying into the gutter, making his mask go slightly askew, the pale skin under the mask dripping blood. “Fuck. That…Smarts.”

[4 vs. 3+1] A vial of a greenish substance is produced from the folds of his armor, and sets it on the ground and rolls it to you, panting roughly. The blood pools in the drizzle beneath him as he pulls himself to his feet with ragged, wheezing breaths.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: November 13, 2012, 12:34:38 am »

"Good news is that the haeger troops have scattered, due to a massive inferno inside their camp. Along with the fact that they were seemingly more interested in fighting one another. Dunno what cuased the infighting though, though I wouldn't be surprised if they went berzerk after one of their number blew up their booze reserve.

At any rate, what haeger troops are still live will probably be rushing back to their territory tail between their legs. Hate to tell them they picked starvation though, what with this weather.

Now, the bad news. I'm charging you more. About five ducats as a whole."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: November 13, 2012, 12:36:42 am »

Renart nearly felt his jaw drop at the proposition, his only surprise evident as he blinked.

"You did nothing to aid us."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: November 13, 2012, 12:50:19 am »

Talinth pointed his hammer at the man, Sahainn moving to cut off any escape routes.
"Is this the antidote to what you just shot me with or something else? Trying to poison me further will anger Sahainn, even if I happen to die, and you are not in the best of conditions to fight her."

"Also, start talking if you may. I came here for information, and I want it. What do you know about the poisoned pactish wool scarves?" the knight asked, picking up the vial.

Talk to the man, drink from the vial if it happens to be antidote. Double check just in case. If he tries to escape, knock him out cold.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: November 13, 2012, 12:56:06 am »

"I consider that upon the commander that was intending to use us like a common peasant levy. And the enemy was divided and scattered to the point that the royal army need no longer be in the region to keep it secure as your own ones are sufficient to keep the march safe. I'd consider that in part of aiding, Marquis.

Any more questions?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: November 13, 2012, 12:58:22 am »

"You knew the Royal Army was coming? And you dare to intuit on my plans for those who pledge their weapon under my banner and name?"

KILL HIM NOW
TELL THE GUARDS, KILL THE MAN!
HE'S DEMANDING FAR MORE THAN MOST OF WHAT YOU CAN DO. KILL HIM.

KILL. HIM.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: November 13, 2012, 01:05:33 am »

"Actually, we had no idea the royal army was coming. I was actually planning to raid the siege camp at night. My troops and I aren't meant for a pitched battle. And as a duty to my troops, I do dare intuit on your plans. I do not intend for my men and I to die for some stupid or vainglorious battle plans.

Any more questions, or are you out of them?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: November 13, 2012, 01:42:32 am »

"I'll take that as a compliment," Renart said, referring to his strategy. "Now, why the high price?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: November 13, 2012, 01:57:51 am »

"Well, I need a way to weed out the bad employers, and judge of character isn't reliable enough for such. So, I make the price exorbantly high, and see how willing they are to pay it. Anyone that agrees immediately is not someone we'd like to work for repeatedly. On the other hand, one that refuses to pay for whatever reason is not worth hiring ourselves out to.

You however, are the middle mark. The sort, while reluctant to pay, is more than willing and able to do so. The sort that makes for a good, repeat customer. So, tell you what. We'll give you a discout. You only have to pay 150 crowns for our services, delivered at the start of spring along with a discount on any futher dealings with us. Acceptable?"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 01:59:35 am by Taricus »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: November 13, 2012, 03:17:44 am »

it was a regular night, and Karas decided he wanted a challenge. He looked at a tower, not far from the Palace. It had some handholds, and looked like it had a great view. It would be perfect.

Starting at the building, climbing up the tower, he started to feel like himself again. halfway up, he was really getting into it, when he missed a single handgrip. After a third try, he found his grip again, and finished to the top of the tower.

Look out at the city.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 101