Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131260 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Winter 937 AAL
« Reply #1320 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:17 pm »

Skald Thymmrk..

Skald Thymmrk...

Is that a burn wound?

"Hold it there lad," Renart said as he sat down and looked Trent in the eye, "Nobody ever said I deny the existence of the Haegar in the North. If you say my...'colleagues', as a merchant puts it, believes such, I cannot doubt your word.

"So what are with all these edicts? Why not just stop them before they attack? A small saboteur party, or something along those lines? And a war-camp? They have been silent for many years, does this mean they are in a clan war once again?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: October 21, 2012, 08:45:28 pm »

"Hold it there lad," Renart said as he sat down and looked Trent in the eye, "Nobody ever said I deny the existence of the Haegar in the North. If you say my...'colleagues', as a merchant puts it, believes such, I cannot doubt your word.

"So what are with all these edicts? Why not just stop them before they attack? A small saboteur party, or something along those lines? And a war-camp? They have been silent for many years, does this mean they are in a clan war once again?"

"The edicts are to protect the lives of the people of Windheath, and that is all I can truly do. I tried once to sabotage that fort, lost two good men in the process, and nearly lost my life as well. I did some damage but I am unsure how much, surely not enough to slow them down, and I will not risk another saboteur party for they'll probably be ready this time around."

"As for the clan war I honestly do not know. It is possible, it could even be possible that the clans are planning to begin raiding Windheath again for all I know, but I do not think so. A clan war would have been easy to notice from how far I traveled, and from that journey I learned many things."

"The biggest of those was this, the reason the Haegar are still here is because they are not worth the price that must be paid to crush. You cannot conquer the Haegar, no one will ever conquer the Haegar except perhaps for one of their kind. The price you would pay to take their lands would be to high, an army of a hundred-thousand could march North to crush the Haegar and a few hundred would be what returned if any."

"That land is theirs as surely as the blood in my veins is mine, to tear it away from them would require the genocide of the Haegar, and more lives then the nations of Altageria could muster."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 21, 2012, 08:50:13 pm »

Renart sighed.

"Let me handle the edicts. It..."

Did he just insult by nobility?!

"...It would be better done with my hands than that of the Trollslayer.

"Does a show of defensive force strike easy on your mind?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 23, 2012, 01:41:51 pm »

It took only a little while for Reksen and Marcant to get settled in at Dechire Manor. He was now seated behind a desk, looking several reports over. With a lick of his fingers, he pulled out a new sheet of paper, quill scribbling out a command.

Order all the Pactish Wool products in the province -- After explaining it to the people that it's causing the Grey Death -- to be placed in a thick stone bin outside of Dechire city, all the carriers are to wear thick gloves and be blessed by a preist, the bin is to be guarded heavily. Carefully nudge anybody in the city to buy Red-Spear wool to sell for the winter, giving discounts to replace the Pactish wool.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 02:35:40 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 23, 2012, 02:24:00 pm »

All Pactish Wool is to be confiscated and the Heralds are to announce the reason being the Blue Dye from Arendalis causing it. Claim that this was done on purpose by the Arendalis People and that all traders from there are declared Outlaws. Arrest all traders from Arendalis and find out from whom the Blue Dye had been bought.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 23, 2012, 03:47:06 pm »

Order all the Pactish Wool products in the province -- After explaining it to the people that it's causing the Grey Death -- to be placed in a thick stone bin outside of Dechire city, all the carriers are to wear thick gloves and be blessed by a preist, the bin is to be guarded heavily. Carefully nudge anybody in the city to buy Red-Spear wool to sell for the winter, giving discounts to replace the Pactish wool.

[1] Given the winter conditions and the arbitrary nature of the order, people and merchants alike refuse to hand over their wool and cloth, and are uninterested in buying new wool. The guards are unconvinced eiher, bringing you miserable amounts of Pactish wool or not following the orders at all, reluctant to deprive their families and neighbours of clothing during winter.

All Pactish Wool is to be confiscated and the Heralds are to announce the reason being the Blue Dye from Arendalis causing it. Claim that this was done on purpose by the Arendalis People and that all traders from there are declared Outlaws. Arrest all traders from Arendalis and find out from whom the Blue Dye had been bought.

[4] Your words ring true in the ears of your people and the confiscation and arrests go smoothly; people are willing to do anything to address the plague. [6] Your men interrogate the merchants and get a lot of information, but most of it is of mixed value, as the dye is being produced all over country and shipped from central warehouse in the Arendalian capital, making any attempts to trace the manufactuer or discern the infected batch rather difficult.

------------------------------------

Edgard was sick of the situation slipping out of his hand. It was ridiculous that the prince was gone again. That man was irresponisble and really started to grate the Regent's nerves. He shuddered at the thought of having Richard as his future king.

Spoiler: Letter to Harald. (click to show/hide)

Prince Richard is called upon to reveal himself and engage duc Parnoth, alongside lords Theor and Harald. He is being reminded of his duties as Marshal to protect the integrity and territory of the kingdom.

Duc Rakom is requested to deliver any forces he can spare to the capital to help reinforce lord Blackshield and apprehend Duc Parnoth.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:09:41 pm by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 23, 2012, 04:13:56 pm »

Barely at home he had to go again, Harald was almost sure that in the whole year he had been more in a saddle then in a proper bed...

Bring my Regiments to the Help of Lord Blackshield

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 23, 2012, 09:09:12 pm »

Reports of violence had been coming from throughout the Kingdom, something about barbarians in the north...or was that the east?, and armies lining up on the western borders. Blast it. Zacharie had been hoping to remain home for good, at least for a while yet. It was winter, after all- He had beds to warm, wine to drink from the spring before, and whatever it was Alistair had been rambling about (something-something blahblah responsibilities blah the people blah liegelord nagnag expectations bluh).
That would all have to wait, though, for the Marquis Oathbreaker was not about to see his fief threatened.
So it goes.

Approach the western borders of Oathbreaker with my regiment, send a runner to request an audience with the leader of the Donnerstein regiments at my border- Willingly agree to go to them, if they'd like.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 25, 2012, 06:06:03 am »

The falling snow outside, the tranquil landscape and the white that covered everything, from rooftoops to the fields on the banks of the river gave off an image of a peaceful, quiet land.

but Edgard knew nothing could be further from the truth, looking out of the window in his chamber, fireplace alive with flames. Snow only covered the surface of the kingdom that burned with a fever, unlike the one experienced by Albert every day. The place was sick, and Edgard battled with numbers, reports and horrible thoughts. He let Osir go north to his ancestral land, and now trouble was brewing. just as the old Eldanic proverb said: "He who sows the wind, will reap the whirlwind." But no one knew of the mission, and no one asked any questions. Osir refused to reply, or he did not get the message... Edgard did not know which option was worse.

And then there was Parnoth. Edgard looked forward to meeintg the man and weavign him into the windheath kingdom, but it all turned out to be one big sham. Was this some elaborate Arendalian scheme? Charles was the oldest among all the foxes in the Adranic lands, it would be not unusual to suspect him of organising the entire scheme to put the kingdom in turmoil. But Parnoth himself? Playing with lives of his daughter and his own? This was all a big mystery to the Regent. A mystery that will be answered when he sees that man brought before him.

The Regent was a lone figure, but not completely alone. In this battle to keep the kingdom of his liege together, most of the nobles were content with follwing him, be it as his vassals, his friends or his subordinates, save for the young, uncontrollable prince. Who would hide with the bulk of army when a threat of invasion loomed at alrge and enemies were plundering the heartland already? Edgard wondered to what extent the Conrichts seemed fit for rule. Was it his place to judge,as the custodian of his master's domain? It certainly wasn't. But was there anyone in the kingdom apart from him that would dare to ask the hard questions? Anyone that would not fear retribution or the turmoil that could further stem from such questions?

No, no, Regent must not think of such things. Hate and Lust were the downfall of Ursa, Greed will be the fall of Osir. But Edgard? Will he fall to Pride? It was easy to accuse him of it, harder to defend against such accusations. But prince was proven wrong, the Regent's reputation remains untarnished, all that remains to be solved was the immediate threats.

Staring at the falling snow, Edgard hoped that the tranqulity of the landscape could be extended to the minds of all men. He murmured few words of player, asking Bohromu and Daliochadun to help him in the future endeavours. The kingdom certainly needed it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 25, 2012, 08:19:25 pm »

I've no intention of breaking custom; besides, one wife is enough.

You arrange a political marriage with the most powerful clan in the region available; they bring [3] 3 more regiments to your cause, [4] all of them berserkers, which could be an interesting asset for your plans.

Your army is, for all intents and purposes, ready for war. However, you must act quickly now; the Haegars will not stand by a ruler who waits and waits; they will want to raid quickly and go home afterwards.

"Well, looks like our next step is seeing if the local le crasse de sang bleu has any work for us. I don't expect it to be as well paying for the effort though..."

Adrien sends off messengers to the local barons inquiring about any work.

[2] Once again, nothing turns up - though this may be due to the fact that all the brave nobles are in Dechire, garrisoning the city against raids, and the cowardly ones are hiding out and want nothing to do with the conflict. You would probably have more luck in the south or in Northwatch, where the pressure is heavier on the Windlanders.

Barely at home he had to go again, Harald was almost sure that in the whole year he had been more in a saddle then in a proper bed...

Bring my Regiments to the Help of Lord Blackshield

Your forces join with Theor's, forming a fairly sized army - but still outnumbered and inferior in skill's to Parnoth's. You can attempt to challenge him, but perhaps it would be wiser to attempt to collect more forces - there are substantial troops in Arborvent and Altaregia, for example, though they may choose to keep to the safety of the walls. However, the more you wait, the more Parnoth may be tempted to raid further inland, or to simply engage you on his own terms. You could also do something else entirely, of course; Parnoth may be a talented plotter, he is not omniscient, and a bit of audacity could lead to his downfall... Or yours.

Prince Richard is called upon to reveal himself and engage duc Parnoth, alongside lords Theor and Harald. He is being reminded of his duties as Marshal to protect the integrity and territory of the kingdom.

Richard's reply comes six days later, carried by a messenger looking like he spent a week in hell (it is, after all, quite cold outside the cities).

Spoiler: To the Lord Regent (click to show/hide)

Approach the western borders of Oathbreaker with my regiment, send a runner to request an audience with the leader of the Donnerstein regiments at my border- Willingly agree to go to them, if they'd like.

[4] Donnerstein agrees to organize a diplomatic meeting, and sends a diplomat (some noble of the west) over to your ranks. He is polite and courteous, and he asks you why you wished to contact them - though that's simply an affair of politeness, since he probably already knows the answer.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:33 pm »

Meet with Lord Blackshield's forces and try to get in contact with Parnoth. Something does not add up in this whole ordeal; Duc Parnoth stands only to lose with his current actions.

(Note: Rakom has Charima I)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 12:16:34 am by Azthor »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 25, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »

"Argh, you've got to be kidding me..."

Send a message up to Northwatch, offering our services to the lord there, with a requested hiring price of 2.5 ducats (That can be negotiated on.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 25, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »

Zacharie had personally ridden out to greet this diplomat, all smiles and cheer despite the frosting of ice and snow which had fallen across Oathbreaker's verdant clime. As he rode out, of course, his own men and servants were busy within the hamlet bordering Oathbreaker fort, and Alistair was busy within the fort itself. There was much to be done in preparation for their special guest's arrival. Much to be done indeed.

Back at the fort, within the heat of a crackling fire, Zacharie offered the man his most dazzling of grins. "I simply wished to learn how our neighbors to the west were faring in this cruel winter," he replied casually, hardly taking notice of the servant who stoked the nearby flames. "It certainly must be rather dreadful, camping out in the snow and cold, though in a time like this, with barbarians and other horrid sorts poised to sail south at any time should they so choose, we all do what we must, hm?"

Zacharie's grin grew wider, and he spread his arms as if to give the man a brotherly hug, though he moved no closer to the other. Behind him, Alistair, silent and poised, oped the doors to the banquet hall.
"In any case, you will be welcome to stay here for as long as you wish, and to leave as late as you'd like. Unless you've a fort or some other shelter to return to?"

He paused only long enough to hear the beginnings of the reply (and any indication as to the defensive fortifications in which Donnerstein had placed itself), before waving away the issue with an amiable air. "Tonight, however, we will feast. I am afraid that stores are a tad low, given the recent wars and the coming of winter, but I do hope this fare will serve you well. Hm?"

Using my 50 crowns and whatever might be found in the fort wine cellar, hold a small feast. Ensure that three casks of liquor/wine are brought in to the kitchens: One is to be as heavy as it can be, one is to be somewhat weak, and the last is to be watered down considerably.

(Charisma) Seek to befriend the diplomat, and make myself appear to be harmless. If necessary, allude to the (false) fact that I may be willing to provide shelter and supplies for Donnerstein forces, and that I may have been tasked with seeking aid against recent and more pressing threats. Both Zacharie and the Diplomat are served the weak wine at this time. All are to be clearly labeled so as to prevent confusion, and the cup which Zacharie drinks from is to be distinct from the Diplomat's for the entirety of the night so that he is never to be served the wrong wine. The diplomat is never to know of the differences between the drinks.

(Charisma) End the feast before it gets too late. Invite the Diplomat to the study or lounge or wherever would be appropriate for a more private meeting, using Zacharie's reputation as a party-boy to further disarm him. During this time Zacharie is to be served the watered down wine while the diplomat is to be given the heavy stuff. Throughout this meeting, Zacharie is to subtly needle the diplomat, through small-talk, for information as to the following:
-The number and strength of the Donnerstein forces at the border.
-The current defenses of Donnerstein's border forces.
-The names of any prominent nobles and other key players among the border forces, where their personal fiefs are located, and how many regiments they brought.
-The current status, strength, and location of the Donnerstein supply train.

(Charisma) The diplomat is to be invited to remain within Oathbreaker for as long as he likes, of course, and Zacharie attempts to be affable enough to convince him of this. To further attempt to convince him, Zacharie pretends to get a little too into his drink (impossible, likely, given he's drinking the watered down stuff), and confides in the diplomat who "reminds him so much of his dear deceased brother/father": He might be convinced to betray his Liege and side with Donnerstein given enough time to come around to the idea. He is also to imply that he is seeking to marry his sister off, to further enhance the image that he might be willing to turn coat given enough persuading.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 11:08:42 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 25, 2012, 11:37:10 pm »

Karas decided enough was enough. He would find his true Father, this Swordmaster. Someone in the city has to know who he might be

Ask around for any leads as to where any Swordmasters may be.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 26, 2012, 06:15:24 am »

The marriage had been a relatively brisk affair; they had skipped the vows, offers, blood treaties and barter rituals completely, although then again, most of the guest would have rather been south looting than attending a wedding. It sufficed, anyway. His wife, Faydas Ulbrimmn, was the scion of her clan and with her came many banners. She herself had lead several fights, earning glory and power. There was still no love about the marriage, but that would have to wait. The Regent needed men now and Osir did not have time to love at the moment.

Begin the march to Northwatch. Set-up a siege immediately. Let none in or out. Including animals and objects; all those are to be killed or burnt.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 101