Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131296 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Autumn 937 AAL
« Reply #1200 on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:01 pm »

"Renart, as long as this can be settled, do so. But I will tell you that Trent the ranger has not made many friends in court. That is why I suggest you take that clown back north, where he belongs. Otherwise I will be liable to remove him. He did not stand down, when the siganl was called."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: October 11, 2012, 01:21:19 pm »

Renart cast Richard a certain look at the mention of 'friends in court' before replying.

"He's an assertive lad, carrying much hope for our realm as a patriot does for his land; though failure still goes his way, I believe he does so with the best intentions for our King. I am sure he will listen to me."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: October 11, 2012, 01:26:45 pm »

Renart, i derive that he stole these presents simply because he led the brigands north of Stormstead, or rebels or whatever you might call his rabble. His men were the only bandits in the area, who could possibly steal marriage presents. Besides, why did he steal THOSE? Shouldn't rather have been stopping supply trains?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 01:32:12 pm by Ghazkull »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: October 11, 2012, 01:30:59 pm »

That is enough Harald. I trust Renart to discipline his own vassal and investigate the matter of presents, if such were stolen."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: October 11, 2012, 01:32:11 pm »

"And adding that in as a postscript...done.

"Now to await the return letter, which will probably take quite some time."

He bowed to the general group.

"I'll be taking my leave, going to inquire about the King from his trusted cadre. If the message is true, then no doubt there would at least be people who are doing their own searches."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: October 11, 2012, 03:51:24 pm »

Marquis Tengram takes a break from perusing a large stack of documents, turning his attention to you.

"The war is, for all purposes, over, young Marquis, though I'd suggest suggest waiting for either the end of the Winter or the remaining levies to be disbanded before ridding yourself of your soldiers; this is a fragile peace we havee in our hands and the risk of the war resurfacing remains for as long as both sides keep their armies raised"
Zacharie was a Count, but he saw no reason to correct this likely senile man. No, instead he offered a wider grin, now, which only served to make him appear all the more boyish and youthful and which, alongside the sword that hung at his waist, put him in stark contrast to the Marquis with all his papers.

"I am glad to hear that, Marquis Tengram," he replied, in the tone a child might take when receiving favorable news from an uncle or grandparent, eyes dancing with whatever joy he might have actually felt for the news- Indeed, it was good news. For it meant he could return to his whores and drinks in the much more comfortable confines of his ancestral home.
Still, Count Chastain was nothing if not grateful for the shelter, and it would show: "Is there any way by which I might properly render my gratitude for the hospitality you have shown me?"
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:17 pm »

After the blur of the recent event passes, Talinth takes some time to consider what has happened so far. He sits down on the ground outside the stables, clad in chain and tabbard and with his back against Sahainn's white fur as the massive worg lies still behind him, her head raised and screening the area around them, ever wary.

He stares at his own face for a moment, roughly reflected by his helmet. His face is almost the same - if slightly paler than normal for the moment - although until a few days ago it looked exhausted and thin, as if he has been fighting and fasting for days without end. His long black hair has gone white at the roots, and although he's not sure if the change is permanent, he doesn't mind it. His nose, which had been broken in the duel against Barran, is still set with a small splint and a bandage. His eyes...Their usual color has faded and given place to grey, color of ill omen and death.

Sahainn stares at him for a moment and Talinth pats her head before using his family's brooch to tie his hair and put the helm back where it belongs, covering his face but leaving his grey eyes visible. He sighs then starts to make a analysis of the chain of recent events.

The investigations had not advanced much during the period of time he had been sick, apparently. Karas had apparently reported their findings gleefully but not much aside from that. Not only that, the civil war was apparently over as well, but the King hadn't recovered at all. More work still waited for him, and even if the effects of the grey death still lingered, he could not afford having too much time for himself.

The duel against Barran had ended positively; even if the proud warrior had been crippled for life, he accepted Mary as his wife. After Talinth wake up with his...private parts covered in a wet cloth, he had a small bout of panic and embarassment due to a cultural clash he forgave Mary for afterwards. As he had been told before departing, cultural differences once led his people to be chased and killed by the Haegar, and he was not interested in creating hostilities for such matters. He was glad to discover the outcome had been favorable...And he preferred not to think about the time he was being tended for by others.

He took out the hammer Barran had given him, thoroughly examining the masterwork weapon. His fingers slid over the steel with care, analyzing curves and searching for any mistakes in its build before swinging the hilt around his fingers, a small smile brightening his face as he did so, staring at the silver badger engraved. His recurring dream...it could have been an omen about what would happen,  a message from his gods. The God of Death, having his hunger thwarted...

Even if his mind tried to extract more meanings from the dream, it was time to resume his investigations. By now, he was known enough to the point leaving Sahainn behind would not help his efforts, as well as walking around without armor, since his grey eyes were not exactly inviting...At the very least he hoped his title, if terrible for subtlety, would assist him in some way during his investigations.

Talinth sends a letter to the Regent detailing his findings so far and resumes his investigation, paying a visit to the temple of Liodnya.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:09:32 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: October 11, 2012, 08:29:35 pm »

"I have never left this city how would I know?"

"The event happened within Stormstead. But I'll drop by later, see if you have gleaned any information. Μπορεί να μου πνεύματα και οι Θεοί σας προσέχουν" (May my Spirits and your Gods watch over you)

Karas breaks away from the Assassin with the master bow, and begins another search. this time, he is determined to find his father, and get some answers.

Begin asking around for 1 of two things. 1 An Adranic swordsman who has spent time within Adran's Landing around 20 years ago, and any truly devout followers of liodnya
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 08:33:47 pm by Kestrel_6 »
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: October 11, 2012, 08:31:20 pm »

"I do not need the god's aid or that of spirits I trust in my bow arm and my speed."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: October 12, 2012, 05:27:30 am »

A letter is sent to Dechire, alongside with a Palatine( NPC governor), to take over administration of the province in the name of the Crown until an appointment of new lord.
5d that was given to the duc of Dechire for navy building is to be used to construct basic warships, as overseen by the Palatine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:30:02 am by Ardas »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:11 am »

Tiakath goes to the merchant's district, looking for a new weapon.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: October 12, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »

Conclude the meeting with Tengram.
Return to Oathbreaker with the 3 disciplined archer regiments.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: October 12, 2012, 05:25:16 pm »

Trent sat looking over a cart at the far side of the bridge, they had had to work with what they could get and most of the wall, if it could be called that, was a mesh-mash of barrels and carts which Gods know would do little to help. A commotion from off to his left drew his attention and he saw a young man riding towards him quickly as he waved a letter in his hand, nodding at the new arrival Trent stood and took the letter in his hand as he thanked the young man for his haste.

His face darkened as he read the letter, but it mattered little, he could not interfere in the world of Nobles without placing his head on the chopping block, a block that can be evaded yes, but a chopping block all the same. Nodding he took a small box from beside the barrel he had used as a seat and set to writing a letter in return to Renart.

Spoiler: Letter to Renart (click to show/hide)

With that Trent gave the letter to the messenger and sent him on his way, as the man left the camp became a bustle activity as they prepared to return North.

Return North to Northwatch.
Once there declare the Order of the Ranger's Guard dead, those who were Rangers before its destruction shall remain Rangers but no new Rangers shall walk the lands.
In its place a new Order shall be founded, it shall be called the Band of the Black Wolf.
Order my levies to be disbanded but offer the men who rode with me places in the Band of the Black Wolf as well as those Rangers who remain.
Begin preparations for Winter upon my arrival, send scouts out to check the surrounding land, check the food stocks of Northwatch, etc.
Have scouts sent to patrol the border, and set up a schedule of patrol with three bands of riders with six men each to constantly patrol the border.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:35:50 pm by adwarf »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: October 12, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »

Press down into the low lands after putting the horse down and hiding the bodies, giving the rider's weapons to Tess and Lock(his two companions). Head to Stormstead. Use the wooden pikes if there's a fight and send the others on forward if the riders' attention is focused on himself.

The lowlands were left mostly unaffected by the war. Untouched by raiders from either side, the peasants managed to remain somewhat prosperous. [4] The road to Stormstead is also relatively peaceful; although dozens of messengers were intercepted by Richard's intelligence system, banditry remained quite scarce along the roads, due to increased patrols and decrease of trade. You even meet a few bands of soldiers on your way to the Capital, tasked with dealing with any deserters or troublemakers exploiting these dark times. [4+1] That and the relatively good weather allow you to quickly travel to Stormstead without any interruption.

[6] The Capital is another matter. Although the levies have been disbanded a few days past now, the royal army remains in the capital, waiting from further orders from the Prince, who is apparently still dealing with a few matters with Edgard. When you try to approach the town, you are chased off - the soldiers are trying to limit the number of travelers coming and going in the city, in order to slow down the spread of the Grey Death, and much mistrust has started growing since evidence of Albert's poisoning started appearing. Since you are not a merchant nor someone living near who could be looking for something to buy, they figure you're up to no good; a few benevolent soldiers recommend the huge Altaregia or the extremely active Arborvent if you're looking for a job, and the others just tell you to bugger off.

You could try to infiltrate the town, announce your true identity, disguise yourself as a merchant or simply give up and live out your days as a farmer. The choice is yours.

Edgard presents peace treaty documents to Richard to be signed. Rebellion is declared over.
Arrest warrant is issued on Trent Nathal. He is branded as a bandit and a renegade. Lord Harald is issued with the papers and ordered to arrest Trent.
Siege conditions of Stomrstead are to be lifted. Food rationing and policing are to be returned to peacetime status.
Blockade of trade to Stormstead is to be lifted. All of the noblemen's trade routes are to be restored.
Trade with Arendalis to be restricted. Blue dyes and other cloth materials from Arendalis are to be destryed too in the entire country.

[/] Richard signs the document without protesting, although he reads it at least three times to make sure he is not consenting to his own execution or giving away all his lands and sending himself in exile. The siege is lifted and the trade routes are restored; Richard orders the rebuilding of the bridge and will pay for the expenses come Spring.
[1] Charles does not take the ban on trade with his kingdom well. With his part of the Arendalis entirely impossible to navigate and Windheath embargoing him, he is cut off from the rest of the world, with his economy on the brink of collapse; the harvest are poor, there is no trade to import all the necessary goods and his troops are busy keeping Donnerstein at bay and as such cannot enforce peace in the country side, where bandits roam wildly. [4-2] Between that and the treason of Parnoth, Charles is now extremely cold towards Windheath, and more specifically Edgard, whom he blames for all his troubles.

Talinth sends a letter to the Regent detailing his findings so far and resumes his investigation, paying a visit to the temple of Liodnya.

A letter is sent to Edgard.

[5] You visit the place where you are most likely to learn anything - the Temple of Lyodnya in Stormstead, which is also the biggest temple of Lyodnya in the Adranic world. You manage to enter without any trouble, and after some time spent pretending to be praying, you are left alone. There are no guards around - this is a perfect opportunity to investigate, but you do not know where to begin.

You could go in the upper towers, where the High Priests of Lyodnya reside. If the heads of the religion have a hand in this, you would have good chances of proving it there. However, if this is an independent act done by a few disciples, they would probably reside somewhere in the lower levels. Where do you go?

A letter is sent to Dechire, alongside with a Palatine( NPC governor), to take over administration of the province in the name of the Crown until an appointment of new lord.
5d that was given to the duc of Dechire for navy building is to be used to construct basic warships, as overseen by the Palatine.

[1] The barons protest loudly and send you back the Palatine. They decided previously that they would choose who would rule over them, and that the crown would have no affair in it. Some also point out that it is not in the Lord's Regent authority to do permanent land grants, and others make comments about the fragility of your claim (you remember they did not side with you during the war).
The five ducats previously spent by the crown are all gone... Spent on troops, it appears, instead of ships. You'll have to send more if you want to have a royal navy.

Return North to Northwatch.
Once there declare the Order of the Ranger's Guard dead, those who were Rangers before its destruction shall remain Rangers but no new Rangers shall walk the lands.
In its place a new Order shall be founded, it shall be called the Band of the Black Wolf.
Order my levies to be disbanded but offer the men who rode with me places in the Band of the Black Wolf as well as those Rangers who remain.
Begin preparations for Winter upon my arrival, send scouts out to check the surrounding land, check the food stocks of Northwatch, etc.
Have scouts sent to patrol the border, and set up a schedule of patrol with three bands of riders with six men each to constantly patrol the border.

[4] The men who rode with you accept to join your little band (you conserve your regiment). However, some point out that you have no land to support them in the long run, and they start asking how you plan to remedy to that little problem.
The food stocks of Northwatch should hold through a normal winter, and the peasants will do the same.
Your men start patrolling the border; since there is no attempt to cross it, this quickly becomes one of the least popular chores in the fort.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: October 12, 2012, 06:26:45 pm »

You forgot me :(.

Tear a strip off the guards clothes and wrap it around my wound and then remove the guards armor and sling it over my shoulder
Take the guards scabbard and put it on my waist with he's sword in it then pick up he's shield.
Shout hello to the observer then sling the bow across my back and continue walking to Lord Stonewood's palace, Look for any armorers along the way.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:31:02 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101