Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101

Author Topic: You are King III: Spring 938 AAL  (Read 131641 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King III: Summer 937 AAL
« Reply #615 on: August 16, 2012, 03:10:33 pm »

Richard smiled, this time with some hesitation. His confusion grew slightly as he realized the Blauritter had, as far as he knew, no family or spouse, but he did his best to hide it.

"I am indeed familiar with the Blauritter, milady, but unless my knowledge of our kingdom's nobility, he has neither wife nor family. Are you cousins?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 16, 2012, 03:22:30 pm »

Ursula had a little laugh before continuing on...

"Nay. I am the blauritter herself. The champion of Windheath, Duchesse of Spirituaser. That answer your questions, Prince Richard?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 16, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »

"I..."

Richard did not manage to hide his surprise - an art that he thought he had mastered long ago. For a good two seconds he was speechless as the bits and pieces got together in his mind, then he returned to his noble attitude, with a stranger - perhaps more honest - smile this time.

"Why, yes, lady Ursa, that does answer my question. Although I guess why you chose to reveal your identity here, at this event, I must ask you no matter what, in order to be absolutely certain; what made you choose to get rid of the armor here and now in particular?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 16, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »

"To be honest, I think a lot of suitors may be put off by a massive armoured figure asking to marry them, as funny and useful as that sounds, it is of no benefit to me here."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 16, 2012, 03:43:41 pm »

Maybe it was fate or a cruel joke on Edgard's behalf, but he managed to silently appear close to Richard and Ursula, flanked by his two sisters. They eyed the duchesse briefly, before smiling at Richard.

"Prince Richard, its an honour to see you. And... Duchesse of Spirituaser I take it? My my, its not an everyday occurence to see you. Its my first time actually."

Edgard's mischevious smile was a dead give-away of how much he enjoyed the awkardness of the moment, he himself shielded from it by his sheer gall to interrupt the coversation.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:28 pm »

"I see what you mean, milady, but I assure you it would not be the case of all the suitors present here. I, for one, appreciate women who are at least a little independent and capable."

As he said that, he thought of the Countess Whitehaven and rolled his eyes, but before he could say anything else, Duc Edgar had joined in. He nodded to the duc and kissed the hands of the two ladies.

"Pleased to see you, Edgar. Am I wrong to assume that these two beauties are your sisters?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 16, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »

Harald couldn't surrender the field to the Priest completely, although he was half inclined to do exactly that.

Servus although i don't want to challenge the Clergys efficiency in the matters of finding a witch but as it is we are deciding over the lives of my subjects so i would like to have a word in that too.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 16, 2012, 03:57:25 pm »

"No my prince, you are quite correct. Elise has caught your brother's attention, but Eleanor is yet to catch attention of someone suitable. As for myself, you no doubt heard of the arrangments I have. "

Edgard then turned to Ursula, his smile still plastered on his face.

"I'm sorry duchesse, I hope I haven't interrupted anything important. Its a shame that you decided to reveal yourself only now though, perhaps I would have made several different decisions...."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 16, 2012, 04:04:01 pm »

Before the Feast.

"Well, speak Sir Talinth. Is this perhaps about the wedding feast tonight?"

The blacksmith sits as the king motions him to, Talinth himself not exactly an expert of noble regulations and formality. Although his education did have some important points on how to behave, the members of his house who grew up with wolves acquired many of their traits, including an unique way of acting.

Smiling behind the wolflike helmet, the knight answers the King's question.
"I actually came to ask if your Highness happens to have an assignment for me to fulfill."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 16, 2012, 04:08:34 pm »

A scowl appeared on Ursula's face when she turned to the Duc of Arborvent

"Perhaps, But you assume that I would've wanted to have anything to do with you. Now leave my sight, knave."

Ursula turned back to Richard, to continue the conversation without any more interruptions deciding to barge in.

"Oh, no doubt there are suitor that to appreciate that. They're usually more pliable when I don't wear the armour. Men are far more easily led when they see a beautiful woman in-front of them rather than a steel-clad knight."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 16, 2012, 04:24:27 pm »

Before the Feast.

"Well, speak Sir Talinth. Is this perhaps about the wedding feast tonight?"

The blacksmith sits as the king motions him to, Talinth himself not exactly an expert of noble regulations and formality. Although his education did have some important points on how to behave, the members of his house who grew up with wolves acquired many of their traits, including an unique way of acting.

Smiling behind the wolflike helmet, the knight answers the King's question.
"I actually came to ask if your Highness happens to have an assignment for me to fulfill."

"I was wondering when you'd ask...I'm not exactly in the habit of summoning Knights unless it's very vital.

But, as you ask-a do have a task for you."

A person bearing a plate of beef shanks enters from the back and sets them down for the Worg, as the two men begin to talk.

"We've recently had a string of thefts, right here in the castle...odd things have gone missing. Books, scrolls and art for one-along with a number of what you'd expect, jewelery and gold. I found my own bedroom pilfered, if you can believe it or not. They took a bottle of wine-and left a bottle of beer.

I appreciate the humor, but I also got the message. They are challenging me to catch them. And I do enjoy a challenge...

I have reason to believe this thief-or team of thieves-has a way into the castle undetected. It's possible one of the Guards has been bought. Or there may be a hidden tunnel under the walls they have found use of...

It's highly likely they'll strike tonight. So, I need you there-you'll be attending the party, but I'd like you to keep an eye out for trouble. That Worg of yours-there's no better tracker in the Kingdom, I'll warrant...if you do spot someone, I don't want you to arrest them, not right away. Follow them. Find out where they have stored the things they've sold, and how many they're might be. It's up to you, but I'd like to see these criminals alive. They are daring, and foolish, but not particularly evil, I would think.

Obviously, we can't tell the guards I've put you on this job. One of them may be in on it. Do you think you could do this, Sir Dalach? I do like Knights who can do more than swing their blades about yelling my name, and I sense you're smart enough to help me here."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:06:17 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 16, 2012, 04:37:39 pm »

"I see that you are upset over something, my lady. Perhaps something is sitting on your stomach? Or maybe its humor imbalance. Or maybe that time of the month again? either way, I shall comply with your wish.

My Prince, I would not mind talking to you a bit more after you had your fill with... the duchesse . Have nice evening."

Edgard left as silently as he appeared, smoothly moving among the gathered people, with Elise and Eleanor moving off on their own to mingle with people.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #627 on: August 16, 2012, 04:51:10 pm »

Cyril sat near the end of the table, on the far side of were the true party was at, neither he nor his wife were interested in an affair, let alone another marriage.  They were their for appearances sake, trading whispered insults about the other guests who have arrived.

"What? No, couldn't be."
"Is truth, see for yourself."
"I think I will, be right back."

Cyril waltz up to one of the lesser nobles, so lesser that her name was of no importance.  At the sight of Cyril she straightened her corset.
"Good.. good evening, I don't think we've had the pleasure" she says offering her hand shyly.  Cyril takes the hand and bows deeply kissing it softly.
"No, no we have not." Cyril says as he raises.
"My name is..." she is cut off by Cyril's quick departure, "I.. I beg your pardon."
"You may have it" He says walking back to his seat.  Seated once more, his wife turns to him,
"Well?"
"You were right, the left one was far bigger."

A moment passes.

"Do you think we are terrible people?" She asks.
"How could you ask such a thing?  Of course we are."
"I couldn't agree more" said a voice from behind.
Cyril turned and furrowed his brow, it was his brother-in-law *Remi Feemure.
"Remi?  I should of known you'd show up?"
"Problem Cyril?  Afraid I may take home a prize you had marked?"
"I'm not here for a wife, Remi.  I'm just here to take up space, eat his food and drink his wine.
"Why do you not have wine of your own?"
"I do, but it's not this nice.  So do you actually have a reason to bother me, because your failed insults are annoying me more then they would if they succeeded."
"Come now is that anyway to speak to the future marquis of Frostwarden?"
"Yes, because the future ruler of Frostwarden is a spoiled twat."
"I beg your pardon?"
"I'm sorry I already gave that to someone.  Try again later, and I may also give a damn."

*What would the title be for someone who is the son of a marquis but not a marquis yet?
((there brother introduced. are you happy shootandrun?))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 16, 2012, 04:58:00 pm »

Richard looked at the two of them with a questioning look, then nodded in acknowledgment to Edgar's proposal as he left. He then turned back towards Ursa.

"Pardon my curiosity, but... Has something happened between you two that I am not aware of, milady?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 16, 2012, 05:07:09 pm »

"Nothing that I'm aware of either. I do hope he keeps his swordmanship sharp, he shall be needing it soon as I shan't suffer his insult. Still, it was a pleasure talking to you, but I should go see what I can pry from this feast..."
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 101