Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: *Hot Hot Hot* GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16943 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: *Hot Hot Hot* GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2012, 02:24:58 pm »

I would create a room full of ice, which had a pool fueled by winter cold, while a cooking dwarf would be selling Elf-blood flavored Ice Cream!

Eh... Warlock - Master of the Arcane?  :)
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 02:39:42 pm »

Boring Frumple just embarks on glacier, hoee. Slightly more interesting Frumple embarks on glacier besides ocean, then makes all the rooms out of a thermally conductive metal. Slightly less interesting, but still more interesting than boring, Frumple just mods his dwarves to be made from ice :P

Icedwarves actually more interesting, I guess. Will have to do that again at some point...

Throwing in for Avernum 6, via steam if possible. E:Or... or the bundle it's in, I guess, if feeling particularly generous. Just 6 is good too, though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:45:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2012, 02:42:37 pm »

I would construct a boiler, which boils water with magma. The steam then rises high into the atmosphere, creating clouds, and thus cooling the dwarves and the surrounding area.

I would like the Geneforge Saga on Steam.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2012, 03:02:06 pm »

Mod dragons to have ice breath instead of fire breath. Then wait for one to show up, capture it, and set up a dragon-and-kobold-powered AC system.

As for if I win, just give someone else one of the games they asked for.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

superstepa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2012, 03:13:55 pm »

I would butcher ice wolves and put their bodyparts in all the rooms

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2012, 03:20:13 pm »

I would build a system of tunnels that would melt ice at Glacier half a world away, and then painfully but precisely connect thousands of fort sites - with some hacking I believe - to form one superlong water bearing tunnel.
Thusly, I would have fresh, cold water straight from Glacier that would power up the bathrooms, fountains and swimming pools for all my dwarves, with 0% water-related deaths cuz I want to be nice to dwarves.

As for the game... hmm. Well, uhhh. Actually I'm here more for just telling how to cool my dwarves, not for game :v

But if I have too, Dungeons of Dredmor, I suppose? Haven't played new games in months :)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 03:41:35 pm »

I would start the fort in a glacier. Then I would imprison the local titan and abuse his powers for my dwarves' comfort.

If I win, I'll take a copy of Minecraft.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 03:45:03 pm »

I would turn them into zombies, because being dead is cold and clamy.

If you can I would take a Dota 2 key.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Elu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 03:53:18 pm »

I would use gaseous booze, or Boozium.

1) Create a quantum stockpile somewhere away from the fortress.
2) Put fifty barrel of Boozium(the PH isotope works best and it's plentyful) in that stockpile, add random boulders as per cooling needed1.
3) For obvious reasons the boozium will be compressed by untold Urists, wait until the generated heat disspiate(or rerout if to dorf sauna/gobboiler)
4) Grab the barrel and relocate them quickly(in normal stockpiles) in desired places around the fortress.
repeat as necessary.

Oh and of course in this dire times of hottiness every dwarf will be issued a personal nethercap mug for evercool drinks.

Should the random gods, and you, bless me, i would like arma2:CO, everyone here's talking (well)about it...

1:in case of really, really hight heat
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress, a game which learning curve is a Himalayan trail covered in blood. and alcohol. on fire.

English is not my mother tongue, please point out my mistakes and help me improve it : )

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »

Well first, I would carve out a grand fortress making it the largest in the land. Then, a month after the king decides to join us the terrible happens. A force of darkness has arrived, just when winter was coming. Then, I would activate my doomsday device. Meant to burn all that were outside the fortress with the holy fires of Armok, it unfortunately malfunctioned, dumping water on all who were in the meeting hall for security reasons. The water then froze, as winter happened.

I'd like Gratuitous Space Battles please. Also hemmingjay, you are a amazingly generous person who deserves to be praised.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 04:07:44 pm »

Something strange happened here. The forecast called for a high of 102, but the temperature has been dropping instead of rising for the last few hours. I suspect elves an approaching storm has destabilized this heatwave.
Strangely enough, some weather sites are reporting a high temp of 99 while others said 104! I am waiting a little to let them get this sorted out, but we have between 1 and 3 winners as of now.

UPDATE: Called the weather service and they told me today's high was officially 99. Fear not! There will be at least 2 winners.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 04:11:22 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

sacasoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 04:09:16 pm »

Well, to keep dwarves (or anything alive, including dogs - tested already) i'll give them leger beer and throw them in a pool, i think that's cool enought.

I would like to win, if the ramdom gods are nice, Guild Wars 2 US (yeah, i'm shameless of asking a $60 game), or Wargame - European Escalation on Steam.

I have some leger beer chillin, so i'll grab one, play some dorfs, and wait the results.

Thank you!

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »

I would breed cats to an insane amount, freeze them, and turn them into popsicles.
 ;)

I would ask for Guild Wars 2 US (if you could gift it, im not sure if you can), or if you couldnt, Sword of the Stars: Lords of Winter II.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2012, 04:31:00 pm »

Just in case i win.

I would make a mist generator in each room even for the pesky noble, but i think i dont have enough statue for them O_o.

( Watch dog pre-order :P )

If i cant have that one, well Fallout new vegas gold edition would be nice too.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 04:39:59 pm »

I would change the rules so that being cool is defined much higher than it currently is.  Then, I would have my nobles mandate cool thoughts, with breaches punishable by hammerer.  I would then mod elf blood to be quite *chilling*, just in case, and then make them the only alternative source of cooling on the map, and hope some dwarvish behavior kicks in.

As for choice if I win: I know what I want but I couldn't possibly ask for a giveaway of that much
so SURPRISE ME (I have the humble bundles and only a few things on steam).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9