Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: *Hot Hot Hot* GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16946 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *Hot Hot Hot* GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 11:36:33 am »

My dwarfs dig down. Deep down. It's cooler in the caves. In the winter they dig in the lakes.

I would like Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs appears to be on fire.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 11:38:21 am »

I would just give my dwarves some cool beers. They already live in some nice fresh caverns.

Anyone but me read that as bears? ;D
Pff, I don't think that would cool the atmosphere inside the fortress. :D
Wait, does the word beer take a 's' at the end for the plural form?

[/derail]
No, you put an umlaut over the second e in beer to pluralize it, but most people just type it as an a, so the plural of beer in english is bear. Confusing, I know.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 11:55:22 am »

I would catch a freezing cold forgotten beast and put him in a cage in the dining hall.

I would like a preorder of Torchlight II please!
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2012, 11:56:04 am »

My 5 step plan for cooling the fortress:
  • Several volunteers are chosen to dig down to the magma sea and build an evaporation basin. A noble will oversee them.
  • Salt water from the sea is dumped in this basin, likely drowning the noble and some of the miners.
  • A pure water basin is placed above the hot water basin. It's roof is splattered with dwarf innards due to an unexpected FB in contact with the sea for cooling. The hot saltwater basin is connected with this collection basin, likely scalding some miners in the process.
  • Pumps and cooling chambers are build according to this schematic, forming a water spray absorption cooler. 4 more dwarves will drown or be hospitalized during (un)related incidents.
  • The cold air is blown through the fortress using vertical ventilation shafts in which mugs, food and kittens get lost sideways ventilation shafts.
I would like a copy of Sword of the Stars please (shame on me for not having it yet, I guess).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:27:28 pm by Virex »

AllThingsLive

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn, I'm a sexy bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 11:57:47 am »

With delicious goblincicles of course! Never before was tainted blood and dwarven victory so refreshing!
As for the game, I'd love you for Diablo 3 (or Torchlight 2, if spending 60 dollars on some random dude isn't your thing :P)

Thank you very much for this giveaway by the way, it's people like you that really make these forums what they are.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:48:51 pm by AllThingsLive »
If you haven't already, you MUST listen to the Joe Rogan Experience : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 11:59:26 am »

I would build their bedrooms, fields, and workshops inside a giant box, then fill the outside of the box with water. Come winter, deconstruct the box; the water freezes. Then build the box back up before the thaw, and hey presto, a fortress entirely encased in ice.

I don't have any games I really want, so if this post is picked I'd like you to donate $25 to Toady.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 12:07:00 pm »

I would mod in a frost bear instead of a polar bear, and bring one in from traders eventually.

I'd like Gods & Kings on Steam if I win. Or the Geneforge Saga.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:11:21 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 12:19:52 pm »

Thank you once again for this wonderful show of kindness hemmingjay.
As for keeping the dwarves cool, I think this should suffice:
- Have a burrow set in one corridor for everyone, and assign them all there once a week or in sunny periods.
- Route a river into the corridor attached to floodgates and open it when everyone's in.
- Let it rip, and have grates at the end to flush all of the water into a pit.

As for the game, if you would be so generous Endless Space on the Steams.
Ta'.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2012, 12:20:25 pm »

I would capture many blizzard men and hook them up to minecarts to travel around the fortress, a travelling AC if you catch my drift.

As for the game, Skyrim via steam would be wonderful if I do win.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2012, 12:24:59 pm »

I would open up the raws and change their properties so that they have an extremely cold body temperature.

As for the game... I'll get back to you on that.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2012, 12:28:45 pm »

I would keep my dwarflings cool by making the entire fortress out of nether-cap.

Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion if possible.

Trappin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2012, 12:31:46 pm »

Install tinkered Gnomish Perpetual Air Pump™ stations near the forge and smithing shops. Unfortunately, 59.84% of all tinkered devices fail within the first hour of operation. 32.62% of those that do fail within the first operational hour may either become perpetual toxic gas pumps or perpetual shrapnel ejection units.

To Dungeons Deep and Caverns Old
The Pines were Roaring on The Heights
The Winds were Moaning in the Night
The Fire was Red, it Flaming Spread
The Trees Like Torches Blazed with Light
Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold

Firefight
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/ff.html

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2012, 12:33:17 pm »

\\Looks up from throwing the twentieth Dwarf into the Magma for stupid demands\\
Wait what??? Keep the Cool??? OhhhhHHHHHhhhhhhhhh Sorry, sorry...

Hmmm.... If I WAS to keep them cool, prob...

Lovely waterfalls, that would spray their beards with water droplets as they returned from battle. They would then pass through the Falls themselves, washing off all blood and cooling down the bloodlust and battle fury...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

If somehow I win. Just send me some steam cash. I never know what I want....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2012, 12:39:56 pm »

I would install beer sprinklers overhead that constantly trickled cool beer down on them. The sprinklers would have cold beer, because I would be constantly producing it, and constantly storing it below ground where it's much cooler.

As for a game, Arma 2 Combined Ops would be cool.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:32:43 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2012, 12:50:00 pm »

I'd embark somewhere that freezes, possibly a glacier. Pump magma to the surface and make an ice generator. Dump all the ice down a chute to just above the magma sea. Then, hollow out a cavern around a candy spire. Build ice fortress suspended above the magma sea supported by bluemetal spires, with all furniture made of silver or nethercap. Goblin prisoners get stripped of armor and tossed into the sauna under the dining hall. Nothing says luxury like the sweet aroma of boiled goblins. And cats.

I'd like Tropico 4 Steam edition, should I win. Your generosity is always appreciated.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9