Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where are you giant cave spider?  (Read 663 times)

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where are you giant cave spider?
« on: July 07, 2012, 05:47:32 am »

My adventurer has wandered down into the caverns and strolling around. First with excitement but after same time it got more and more boring because it seems there is no life! I am pretty far away from the cave i used as an entry by now and i could need some food and blood/water to drink. There occasionally are giant cave spider webs but except for those there is no sign of life anywhere :( Is there a reliable way to find the spider that makes those webs? Or is it potentially at the other end of the world? And what about any other life-forms except trees/vegetation? It seems there is nobody down here,
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Where are you giant cave spider?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 06:03:16 am »

You entered a cave.
Caves have the tendency to be very hard to get out.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:25:59 am »

I don't really care whether i can get out if i just could get my hands on something to slaughter. Also i discovered a "deep pit". Any chance that helps in my quest to discover life down here?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 07:01:37 am »

Deep pits are just empty magma pipes AFAIK, they lead to lower (read: deadlier) cave levels, there's probably something down there.

Also, check if it are giant cave spider webs or cave spider webs.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:03:29 am »

There are both of them. Patches of normal cave spider webs and patches of giant cave spider webs. But nowhere is a spider in sight :/ (or anything else besides trees)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 08:17:28 am »

Hm, weird.
I suggest you try to find a way down to deeper cave levels.
Cant really help you with finding GCS's.
also, you'll want to wear an helmet.