Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I found a new favorite part to animate  (Read 1033 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I found a new favorite part to animate
« on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:06 pm »

Heads. No, seriously, heads. They default to a bite attack, which is much more effective than most wrestling moves a zombie with graspers would do, they're hard as hell to hit and they can still open doors. Besides, who wouldn't love the mental picture of a ton of heads rolling towards the enemy?

Spoiler: Gotta love those odds (click to show/hide)

That's how it is for all my animated heads. I'm a grand master swordsman. There's nothing stopping you if you animate about a dozen heads and take a walk through town. The only downside I can see right now is the difficulty of acquiring such a specimen. A slash to the head of your average human seems to have about a 70% chance of just ripping his/her brain up without taking it off. You could animate the corpse and try again, but that would get annoying after a while.

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
Re: I found a new favorite part to animate
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:03:21 am »

This has always been the case since Necros came out- funny how most players don't know it.

Personally I'm a fan of fighting a Hydra using an axe. Then reanimating the remains. Nothing like four megabeast heads to ruin a goblin's day.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 07:16:39 am »

Isnt it possible to simply aim for the troat? That should be how you would decapitate someone, not aiming at their face :/

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 12:45:04 pm »

Isnt it possible to simply aim for the troat? That should be how you would decapitate someone, not aiming at their face :/
No. Adventures axe the head so hard that it flies off.