Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Maia game (Startopia + Dungeon Keeper)  (Read 66692 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maia game (Startopia + Dungeon Keeper)
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2012, 02:21:34 pm »

Ooo, so making a 'cooling chamber' and a system to let magma flow in and cool will be rewarded!
Which would be even more fun if the top layer of magma would cool first, and the mining drones could accidentally drill through it.

Do geothermal generators exist/ are feasible?
Agreed, magma mining in this way should have some kind of hidden danger. Sudden outgassing, stresses from the cooling rock suddenly being released as explosive shattering of the crust, pockets of magma with in the cooled stone, etc

Like In Terraria where you have a layer of water on top of your magma but you mine to fast and fall through only to have it reseal above you?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2012, 06:35:14 pm »

Something like that, sure. Except with random explosions from trapped gas pockets, uncooled magma, and rock stresses.

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2012, 11:28:37 am »

Something like that, sure. Except with random explosions from trapped gas pockets, uncooled magma, and rock stresses.

I can probably integrate that in. Once I have steam emission, I can just fire off that or explosion events randomly maiming your IMP bots. :D
Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2012, 11:32:22 am »

I can probably integrate that in. Once I have steam emission, I can just fire off that or explosion events randomly maiming your IMP bots. :D
Yaaay.

See, here at the DF forums we cry for the hardest difficulty possible. I mean we're used to a game where surviving the first day is an accomplishment (assuming you don't die immediately on embark).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2012, 11:43:36 am »

Yaaay.

See, here at the DF forums we cry for the hardest difficulty possible. I mean we're used to a game where surviving the first day is an accomplishment (assuming you don't die immediately on embark).
And even then it's the popular opinion that due to several not yet implemented features the game is easier then it should be.

Anyway, question time again:

Moddability. Much, Mediocre, a tiny bit ?
Another thing that might be fun is a sudden increase in the magma pressure and levels, especially when the cheapest items available can't really stand the heat.

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2012, 12:16:14 pm »

Moddability. Much, Mediocre, a tiny bit ?
Another thing that might be fun is a sudden increase in the magma pressure and levels, especially when the cheapest items available can't really stand the heat.

So the models/animations will be fully replaceable. I may leave the shaders open too. I'm hoping to make it so you can define new entities via xml and also write your own difficulty settings files too. So lots to play with, and I can open anything up that people feel they need.

Just got around to do the first person mode shaders today. :D

Making Maia; a space colony management sim: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118473.0

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2012, 12:29:04 pm »

Dungeon Keeper is one of the best games in my life, and this is damn cheap too! So buying it!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »

Sexy!

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:38 pm »

Simon when will we be able to throw money at you ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2012, 01:09:45 pm »

Simon when will we be able to throw money at you ?

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2012, 02:21:38 pm »

Weeeell.

Technically I could add a paypal/google button for each tier on my site right now that comes with a physical product. Can't remember which, but I think those are the $60+ tiers. However I'm reticent, since those two can be a total joke when it comes to stealing your money and giving you no recourse.

I'm hoping to get a trailer done by some time next week. Just showing me plonking down some rooms, furniture etc. With the first person mode and a few seconds of lava, and hopefully some fully pretty looking animated characters. With a trailer, I could conceivably hit the crowd begging button.

From what I understand, Kickstarter is coming to the UK between right now and December. While I didn't want to use it before, a few people who used it like Chris England (Xenonaughts) have said it actually gets a lot of drive-by traffic now and could really help spread the news about the game. I'm still in two minds... but I'm getting very tempted. Getting £125k or so would really speed production along and let me focus on getting a solid alpha experience, indeed I could do pretty much the whole game for that. For reference I've spent about 2k so far for help with polishing the art (not counting the cost of the hundreds, maybe thousands of hours I've put in already).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:32:16 pm by simoroth »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2012, 02:35:29 pm »

Do it do it do it do it just some what where production is full time and we can start playing and helping influence the game haha :D

Also I wanted to pay the $60 tier :( I want stuff >,<

EDIT: also will we get the lower tiers of stuff when we pay higher ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 03:28:22 pm by ScriptWolf »

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2012, 05:06:04 pm »

EDIT: also will we get the lower tiers of stuff when we pay higher ?

Yeah, unless I specify otherwise. The prices arnt 100% set yet. Since the 3d printing company I wanted to use shut down. :D

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2012, 05:09:32 pm »

Damnnnn :/ also I know I shalt be going for the tier with the artwork print.... Any chance of getting this signed ;)

Also please inform us when you do open the floodgates for donations, and possibility that might start soon ? ( like the full blow kickstart ( not nesseraly kickstarter )

simoroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Maia
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

Damnnnn :/ also I know I shalt be going for the tier with the artwork print.... Any chance of getting this signed ;)

Also please inform us when you do open the floodgates for donations, and possibility that might start soon ? ( like the full blow kickstart ( not nesseraly kickstarter )

I'll try and sign as many as possible. Not sure my signatures worth much mind you. ;)

Will definitely let you guys know as soon as I do! :D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21