Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Misc. object user, a.k.a. GIVE 'IM THE CHAAAAIIIIR  (Read 5205 times)

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
Misc. object user, a.k.a. GIVE 'IM THE CHAAAAIIIIR
« on: July 06, 2012, 01:05:35 am »

Ok, so I'm a little curious about this whole miscellaneous object use setup. With traditional weapon skills, performance is determined by your particular weapon and the material it's made of. But I'm lost when it comes to wielding random crap. I mean, how does one determine the difference between using a mutilated tiger corpse and using an olm leather backpack filled with 67 mudstone pebbles?

Oh, and on a side note, can someone explain the whole "throwing fluids" process? Apparently things like water and vomit make great throwing weapons. I am rather perplexed by this.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Misc. object user, a.k.a. GIVE 'IM THE CHAAAAIIIIR
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 01:48:31 am »

I saw a shop that sold lead tables. I kinda want to try that...not sure i could carry anything else though.

Throwing liquids is easy. You can pick them up with G the same as anything else. It defies common sense, but it's just a quirk/unfixed bug in their implimention. :) You may also be able to do things like fill your backpack with blood or water in the way one does with waterskins.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 03:06:26 am »

I don't think containers become heavier (or more dangerous) whether they're full or not. I could be wrong though.

And you can throw water, while swimming underwater, at a fish, and kill it. Essentially, you become Aquaman.

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 07:46:28 am »

Misc Object User is a much malingered and tremendously useful skill: essentially, anything becomes deadly. It also deals with beating enemies to a pulp with your steel shield, which is a handy skill.

That dwarf tongue you tore out of your enemy's mouth? Beat him to death with it.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 10:19:22 am »

I have taken tremendous joy in beating roaming packs of [blank] men to death while dual-wielding the corpses of their brethren.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 01:28:12 pm »

It also lets you properly wield arrows and bolts as super pierce weapons of doom.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 01:46:37 pm »

I don't think containers become heavier (or more dangerous) whether they're full or not. I could be wrong though.
They do become heavier, and since weight factors into damage calculation, supposedly also more deadly. Seeing how heavy backpacks can get after a couple dozen corpses and vomit(100)...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 02:03:34 pm »

New question, and it is one of utmost importance: is it possible to wield a coffin? If so, this is my dream:

1) Become legendary misc. object user.
2) Become necromancer.
3) Store a small collection of powerful corpses in a coffin, which I wield.
4) When I feel like making an epic entrance to combat, reanimate all the corpses and have them come bursting out of this coffin I carry around.

T'would be my crowning moment of awesome.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:46 pm »

Hehe, a sound plan indeed. Though im not sure whether or not it would be possible to get a coffin in adventurer mode (all the ones I keep finding are stuck in building mode), and you have have to throw the corpses out of the coffin before reviving them.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

OH GOD

THROW CORPSE

ANIMATE MID-FLIGHT

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 02:36:12 pm »

OH GOD

THROW CORPSE

ANIMATE MID-FLIGHT

Just wait till we get moving fortress parts... well, you could use a bridge to fling them and animate mid flight...

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:15 pm »

Imprisoned artillery necromancer? This is the best idea. Hm, but how do you keep the zombies from collapsing on impact? Maybe a water landing, since they're unbreathing?

Ziga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »

New question, and it is one of utmost importance: is it possible to wield a coffin? If so, this is my dream:

2) Become necromancer.
4) When I feel like making an epic entrance to combat, reanimate all the corpses and have them come bursting out of this coffin I carry around.

i've had the same idea awile ago but have yet to actualy do it...
What catastrophic changes in elf society changed their tile from E to e?
Goblin snatchers stole their Shift-key.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 12:19:28 am »

2) Become necromancer.

i've had the same idea awile ago but have yet to actualy do it...

I had such a horrendous thing happen to me because I kept a bunch of trophies in my backpack when I sieged a necromancer tower: they reanimated them right out of my bag and killed me!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2012, 04:46:27 pm »

I had such a horrendous thing happen to me because I kept a bunch of trophies in my backpack when I sieged a necromancer tower: they reanimated them right out of my bag and killed me!

I think I saw you post that on another thread. This is why normal, well-adjusted people don't keep heads in their backpacks. Because a necromancer will bring them back to life to take unholy revenge.

Dwarf Fortress stories: Basically Aesop fables written as death metal lyrics.
Pages: [1] 2