Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hatecrafting  (Read 4262 times)

thryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hatecrafting
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:37:15 pm »

Stukos Mirrorbeached has only one thing in common with the nobility: they both absolutely detest mussels. Stukos also happens to be to most skilled metalsmith in the fortress, and as such was put in charge of making all the fancy gold statues meant to decorate the place. Stukos has, in the last year, made no fewer than twelves statues ... of mussels.

WHY STUKOS WHY

mordrax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hatecrafting
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:43:11 pm »

hehe, that's awesome. i'm just imagining a metal statue of a mussel, human size, standing straight on top of a square slab base, bit open at the top in all it's magnificence :)

i thought dwarves don't make what they don't like

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 10:02:43 pm »

Seems like his fear has become an obsession. Throw him into a river so that he may face these fears, and subsequently overcome them once and for all.

It's the only way.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:18:10 pm »

They do make what they dislike, for art's sake!

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:28:13 pm »

Either that, or he is really trying really hard to PO the nobles.:) Good job Stukos!!!!
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »

BEWARE OF THE MUSSELS! THEY ARE COMING FOR US! YOU MUST KNOW THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!

thryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:45:43 pm »

Pissing off the nobles wouldn't be so bad, it's just that apparently mussels are near-universally reviled in my fortress. I suspect this particular civilization had some unpleasant mussel-related tragedy befall it at some point.

Anyway, when I'm trying to distract Urist McUsefulWorker from memories of his wife's horrible death in Magma Pump II: Disco Inferno, I don't think a giant depictions of slimy bivalves are going to help.

They would only remind him...

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »

BEWARE OF THE MUSSELS! THEY ARE COMING FOR US! YOU MUST KNOW THE FACE OF THE ENEMY!

MUSSELS DONT HAVE A FACE! WE CANT KNOW THEM, RUUUUUUUN!!!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 11:03:46 pm »

No, the answer here is easily apparent.

His hatred for the mussels is surpassed only by his hatred for the nobles.

Real men get over their petty fears by replacing them with utter rage.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 11:23:15 pm »

Pissing off the nobles wouldn't be so bad, it's just that apparently mussels are near-universally reviled in my fortress. I suspect this particular civilization had some unpleasant mussel-related tragedy befall it at some point.

Somewhere within your civilization, a great dwarven warrior, scarred by the blades of a thousand enemies, weighted down with a thousand trophies of battles otherwise long since forgotten, shudders every time the special of the day is seafood.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »

"This is an engraving of a dwarf. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. The dwarf is surrounded by mussels. The mussels are laughing. The dwarf is melting."
My wooden badge was delicious.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 11:39:26 pm »

I had an engraver who hated the mayor with a passion. The mayor at the time was afraid of purring maggots. He engraved a picture of the mayor surrounded by purring maggots and looking terrified... Right next to his bed. Then he engraved many pictures of purring maggots all over the fortress.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 11:53:22 pm »

I had an engraver who hated the mayor with a passion. The mayor at the time was afraid of purring maggots. He engraved a picture of the mayor surrounded by purring maggots and looking terrified... Right next to his bed. Then he engraved many pictures of purring maggots all over the fortress.
THIS. Except, of course, I have alot of engravers, even a masterworker like he worked to slow to cover the room. Also, he didn't hate the mayor, he was jealous cause of his homelessness and her refurnished throne room, with artifacts. And of course, shes scared of Mussels. So images of her terrified is what she got. Orders for beds went out resentfully.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 02:21:17 pm »

He might have hated the mayor.  Without checking the relationship screen you won't know for sure.  If it lists GRUDGE, he did indeed hate the mayor. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 02:43:55 pm »

at least he didn't make spirals
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS
Pages: [1] 2