Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Male and female trogladites captured  (Read 3221 times)

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Male and female trogladites captured
« on: July 05, 2012, 07:52:26 pm »

Two horny cave-dwelling Troglodytes tried to F on a set of my cage traps and caught their asses snared. I was hoping for naked mole dogs who have been screwing up my miniing operations but got these things instead. What should i do with them?

I assume they are sentient and i can't butcher them.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Male and female trogladites captured
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

Sell them to the elves. It takes 10 years for a troglodyte to mature, so there isn't much point in breeding them.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:41:05 pm »

Sell them to the elves. It takes 10 years for a troglodyte to mature, so there isn't much point in breeding them.

will selling the elves items in wooden containers, in this case i used wooden cages to capture them be an issue?

Also do you sell the troglodyte or the actual cage with the troglodyte?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »

Yes I believe wooden cages would piss them off, and yes you sell the entire thing cage and all.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:12:05 pm »

Piss then of?

Why that?

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:16:21 pm »

Piss then of?

Why that?

Elves are hypocrites. They worships nature and hate to see other races defile it by creating stuff with wood.

i2amroy just tried to set me up by offering elves a deal that would offend them. I guess the only way to sell them is to somehow transfer them to some form of metal cage because i can't release them.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:09 pm »

Piss then of?

Why that?

Elves are hypocrites. They worships nature and hate to see other races defile it by creating stuff with wood.

i2amroy just tried to set me up by offering elves a deal that would offend them. I guess the only way to sell them is to somehow transfer them to some form of metal cage because i can't release them.
If you set them up on a deserted island w/o ramps and have marksdwarves shoot at them, they could dodge off the side of the island and hit prepared cage traps below. Probably too much work though.

Set them up as a dining hall attraction or use them for marksdwarf practice.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »

Assuming the maturation age didn't matter, is there a reason to breed them at all?

dwarf_granada

• Bay Watcher
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:25:23 pm »

So this is why elves layed siege on me  ???

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 09:32:31 pm »

No, offering them wooden items just makes them leave in a huff. Sieges require either broken promises about treecutting or your civ being at war with the elves. You can't do the first without DFHack as the elven diplomat position doesn't work with game 'out of the box' and isn't affected by modifying the raws, and you have no direct control over the second as it happens during worldgen.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:33:28 pm »

No, offering them wooden items just makes them leave in a huff.
I thought if you pressured them enough they'll eventually send raiding parties?

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:20 pm »

this begs the question, you can't even transfer bins or barrels to the depot when the elves come or can you use bins but ONLY sell the items inside if you don't want to offend ?

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:42:47 pm by Rafe »

Rafe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 10:41:51 pm »

Lol so anyway the story if anybody is interested i opened up this cave and naked mole dogs caused all sorts of chaos. I quickly sealed up the cave wall with blocks and was secure but it occurred to me why seal it up, lets get some bags and meat from this as i was getting swarmed with naked mole dogs. So i made a different tunnel and layered it with cage traps, about 4 of them. It was about a month or so but eventually a troglodyte got captured then another then another. I moved their cages outside but the rest of the tribe kept on streaming into my tunnel. One got snared and now the entire tribe is having some sort of bizarre vigil near the cage he's trapped it, or maybe they are trying to free him. I can't reload the traps because they are all stationary in this tiny tunnel.

I will probably make another tunnel and line it with six cage traps open it up and hope they stream in.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:41 pm »

If you have a decently trained military you can send them out to kill the mole dogs since they're relatively harmless; as long as they're wearing something it should deflect most of their attacks.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 08:23:03 am »

Troglodytes aren't tameable - will they even make it to the trade depot without being released from their cages?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: [1] 2