Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Flight Simulations (IL-2, RoF, DCS, etc)  (Read 36965 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Flight Simulations (IL-2, RoF, DCS, etc)
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:48 am »

TeamSpeak should work then. I am still getting the hang of it but I could tell T.16000 is indeed precise. Is there a good profile for IL-2: 1946?

BTW, just crashed my Zero on a parked US cargo ship as I tried to strafe it from the side. I need to learn to play, lol.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 05:12:37 am »

Learning the technical part of flying an airplane takes months, and learning the theory of air combat years :)

Heck, I suck balls and I've been flying on and off for 7 years :)

Keep practising :)

As far as profiles, I usually set a linear slope for yaw, roll and pitch, i.e. 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100. Throttle remains constant. What this does is it gives you more precision in minute manoeuvres but less precision near the outer boundaries, e.g. when yanking back totally on the stick. Since you can barely ever yank back totally on the stick without the plane stalling, you don't loose much there :)

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 07:34:39 am »

Anyone up for some Rise of Flight with me tomorrow (Syndicate or New Wings)? We'll fly whatever people have access to (being a massive fanboy, I have everything).

I can see about getting a voice comms server (Mumble, probably, since it's the lightest-weight last time I checked) of some sort up at Many Words, even if that's highly anachronistic. :P

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2012, 07:43:42 am »

Sorry, this weekend is totally reserved to getting my forge workshop finished :( Which is why week nights will work best for me from now on.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2012, 07:59:08 am »

*fistshake* Well, they also do early war Wednesdays, which are usually fun. I'll probably fly tomorrow regardless, so if I get a voice chat server up, I'll put the information here, and anyone who wants to join in can pop on there and organize it with me.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:21 am »

Wish my throttle quadrant's input pins weren't bent as a result of an accident with a toddler...

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2012, 01:55:39 pm »

Check out the DFC group on steam, there's ts info posted there. Just ask one of the mods on the server to add a Flight Sim channel and you should be golden.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2012, 07:33:57 am »

So just now I learned to take off in Rise of Flight on a SPAD XIII. Someone was kind enough to walk me though it. :D

That plane flies like a brick. The German equivalent (also free) handles much better. Also I managed to get killed 9 times (two of which by accidentally releasing bomb while on the ground because I didn't know what pressing "v" button would do) and had 0 kill. Sadness.

EDIT: Also Thrustmaster T.16000 is indeed very stiff!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:39:19 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2012, 08:48:29 am »

Hallo everyone! Why didnt anyone notify me of this thread?!?  ;)

For Il-2 1946 online, you WILL want to use the HyperLobby: http://hyperfighter.sk which is 100% free simulator search/chat/pager program. It also supports Falcon, Cliffs of Dover, Wings over Vietnam, Dangerous Waters and a couple of other games. I happen to be a moderator there so you may ask me any rising questions or solutions any problems regarding HL. Feel free to send pager messages to LeLv76_Erkki.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2012, 08:58:24 am »

So just now I learned to take off in Rise of Flight on a SPAD XIII. Someone was kind enough to walk me though it. :D

That plane flies like a brick. The German equivalent (also free) handles much better. Also I managed to get killed 9 times (two of which by accidentally releasing bomb while on the ground because I didn't know what pressing "v" button would do) and had 0 kill. Sadness.

EDIT: Also Thrustmaster T.16000 is indeed very stiff!

I'd take a SPAD over an Albatros every time; the SPAD's speed and climb performance relative to the D.Va mean it's pretty much untouchable in that matchup if flown well.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2012, 09:52:51 pm »

I'd take a SPAD over an Albatros every time; the SPAD's speed and climb performance relative to the D.Va mean it's pretty much untouchable in that matchup if flown well.

I guess I am too experienced to tell the difference, lol.

Anyway, Rise of Flight has 50% discount on planes and other stuff. Anything worth getting??

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2012, 01:35:36 am »

Just getting into IL-2, and flight sims in general. Purchased a used flight stick that works well, but seems to be off center. I have recalibrated it in windows, but IL-2 still shows it off center.

Any suggestions?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 01:56:43 am »

Just getting into IL-2, and flight sims in general. Purchased a used flight stick that works well, but seems to be off center. I have recalibrated it in windows, but IL-2 still shows it off center.

Any suggestions?

Same situation. Some of the long-time pilots here will have better advise but I found these:

http://zakmoonbeam.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Flight-Simulators#
http://zakmoonbeam.hubpages.com/hub/Flight-Simulation-Joysticks-and-Hotas-Reviews

I just got a Thrustmaster T.16000 myself as entry-level 'stick.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2012, 06:52:42 pm »

Sorry for the double post but I just bought a whole lot of plane in Rise of Flight, including a two-seater heavy fighter Bristol F2B since they are on 50% discount.

I am still struggling in aerial combat but I am wondering if anyone would like to play this together?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2012, 09:15:34 pm »

I just downloaded the f2p demo. I'm about to give it a try.

EDIT: Okay, I know part of it is just that I need to get the controls configured like I want them, but this one just doesn't seem to grab me at all... It's pretty... but at the trade off of unreasonably long load times...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:05:34 pm by sluissa »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24